Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

kiniori i find she is wetting the pampers up her back too and she hates being wet :-) i have a pack of huggies going to try them tonight . its great your little one can sleep so well esp with the boys!
    October thanks for that tea tree oil tip im definitely going to try it . anything that Helps :-) i was going to try and express yesterday but then i got worried if i tried the bottle on her she would forget to latch on. i just love feeding her :-)
    Im so looking forward to the x factor i think ill have pizza :-)

gee g we totally deserve to pig out !! i have been looking forward to watching x factor with baby pushki for months! Im taking paracetemol too and find it ok but i take a difene suppository at night which really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

They wouldn't give me difene in hospital cos of bp. Might ask in chemist monday and see cos just not getting enough relief. Feeling lik arnica is working already though,

kiniori you are a legend !! i just tried the tea tree oil was fab !! so soothing. gee g the difene has to be prescribed by the Dr. sorry i cant remember if you are bf gee g but if you are not id say neuron plus would be good

Seriously is the tea tree that good? That quick?!

• Advertisement

ya gee g it really helps. i thought it would sting but not at all :-)

I must get some tomorrow or monday so.
    Anyone else's feet swell up like mad after birth. Mine are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

kin im not going to the clinic on monday i have to go to the fetal assesment unit, i met vjay this mornign though she is the one that told me to go home and relax for the weekend :)

well i have just had a lovely spicy chinese, some pineapple, and icecream and now a mug of tea,

oh wont let me do a thing haha its funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hey girls, getting so quiet on here as everyone is busy with their babys.

I just finished cooking a load of meals for the freezer for when I come out of hospital.
    Being admitted tmr afternoon to have my section Monday, Im very excited to see my little babes she is doing gymnastics here whenever I sit or lie down, Like she wants me to be always on my feet, Hope I can sleep tonight .

Betsie enjoy it and relax while you have the chance my dear x x I know it's hard but hopefully by monday you will know more. Ya could have a v laid back little woman on your hands. Like my man here, takes after his daddy and so laid back and relaxed :)
    Tishandy are you all Set?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I am taking paracetamol and difene. The Public Health nurse was here on Wednesday and she thought I was in too much pain so she got the Doctor to write a prescription for Diphene suppositories. They have made some difference, I am like a new woman! They are safe to take when breast-feeding.

So tired tonight, can't wait to go to bed.

kin im not going to the clinic on monday i have to go to the fetal assesment unit, i met vjay this mornign though she is the one that told me to go home and relax for the weekend :)

well i have just had a lovely spicy chinese, some pineapple, and icecream and now a mug of tea,

oh wont let me do a thing haha its funny :)

You are better off at home Betsie, enjoy the calm before the storm x

tishandy wrote: »
    Hey girls, getting so quiet on here as everyone is busy with their babys.

I just finished cooking a load of meals for the freezer for when I come out of hospital.
    Being admitted tmr afternoon to have my section Monday, Im very excited to see my little babes she is doing gymnastics here whenever I sit or lie down, Like she wants me to be always on my feet, Hope I can sleep tonight .

Good luck Tishandy x

so exciting you will see your little one soon Tishandy :-)
    Does anyone else find their babies don't like their Moses baskets? baby p really complains when put in to it flat on her back. she settles better in the car seat:-( or my arms.

I put my man on his side from day one as he was spitting up so much and was very mucosy And he loves it. Also our baskets quite wide but I remember my nephew didn't lik his from early on as he kept hitting Arms off side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

hi girls

Congrats to all the new Mammys.

just on the tea tree oil,its amazing! few drops in a bottle of water and dab it on. I had no painkillers after the second day. just used this!

Ok new complaint today. I'm not feeding myself and my boobs were fine until last night and now I am nearly in tears. Any help?
    I am getting cabbage leaves n painkillers but really just think I am immune to them. Oh my god:(

pushkii wrote: »
    so exciting you will see your little one soon Tishandy :-)
    Does anyone else find their babies don't like their Moses baskets? baby p really complains when put in to it flat on her back. she settles better in the car seat:-( or my arms.

Same thing Pushki, she hates the small cot upstairs. Like your baby she will settle in car seat or she loves being propped up on the breast feeding cushion. She is starting to settle a little better in the cot last night and the night before.

gee g i wonder would house compresses work? they might give you some relief. I was nervous about putting her on her side but she's ok on it. i think the Moses basket is just hard might lay a soft blanket on top of the mattress.
    No sign of betsie since yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Tishandy, best of luck for tomorrow, i'm in the same boat this week. Booked in for Thursday morning, can't believe i'm going to have my little baby this week. Was quite emotional yesterday evening about it though. Was saying to my husband, I can't believe this is my last weekend pregnant and I'm quite sad about it because she won't be 'just mine' anymore, this week I'm going to have to share her and she won't be just dependant on me anymore :( aww i'm getting upset again thinkin about it.

Girls you all sound to be in quite a bit of pain, ye poor pets. I remember in the hospital someone saying about the tee tree oil, and aloe vera. Pity i didn't tell ye sooner says all of you. It completely escaped me girls, sorry. No word from betsie today, hope that means something good. Critter must be poisioned at this stage, and now her date being put forward, jesus i'd be hopping mad.

Have a good Sunday girls xx

• Advertisement

im still here girls, had the best sleep last night, i fell asleep in the recliner last night about 10.30 i woke there at 1.30 went up to bed and woke at 9.30 then, i only woke twice to pee, i feel great after it, got very little sleep in the hospital the last few days so i needed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah the tea tree oil has been working wonders, I've literally been shouting it from the roof tops since I discovered it haha. Managed a number 2 this morning for the first time...i swear it was like giving birth again! For pain medication I'm on difene and tylex. The difene is ok, not amazing, the tylex is like smarties really, I dont think they do much to be honest.
    H had her heel prick test this morning poor thing. Apparently I'm positive for group B strep so she may have caught it so we have to keep an eye on her.
    Aw shes just so entertaining I could watch her all day! My mam thought it would be a nice idea this morning to change her nappy for me while I had a cup of tea. Big mistake- H projectile diarrhoeaed all over her twice!! Haha that will be the last time she offers :P had to throw her straight in the bath, she had herself destroyed!
    Hows everyone getting on sleep wise? And pushkii how are you getting on with baby p's daddy, he's not causing any more trouble is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Gee_G wrote: »
    Ok new complaint today. I'm not feeding myself and my boobs were fine until last night and now I am nearly in tears. Any help?
    I am getting cabbage leaves n painkillers but really just think I am immune to them. Oh my god:(

Lanisol (sp?) cream then compresses then cabbage leaves and take pain relief I was like this for 2 days but it passed.

You needed that rest betsie x I wouldn't blame you being emotional Laura i hate the idea of having to "share" baby p! enjoy the last few days of pregnancy x
    Oct babies dad has seen her and had time with her. I don't mind he adore her but i have to be careful around him. to be honest i have no time to be even thinking about him, baby p is all that matters now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Best of luck this week Tishandy and Laura, two more babies on the way for definite!

No sign of Belfast either hope all is ok.

Still find the Huggies are leaking with my lady, just moved to pampers she roars when she's wet not that I blame her with a leaky nappy poor baby.

You're right she hasn't been on in a while. My little lady hates being wet too!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hey ladies ;)

9 days left for my little man.

oh my god my phone has not stopped going all day, aaahhh all saying have you not had that baby yet NO, think ill turn it off for a while and relax :)

yes betsie you should :-) take the evening for yourself :-)

• Advertisement

Good luck in the morning Betsie! That good nights sleep will stand to you.
    I am sleeping ok. Baby is waking twice at night. I feed her then oh winds her and settles her. He has been brilliant.

I swear the quality of the nappies are gone really bad. Either that or the little woman wees alot more than her brothers!

PHN is coming in the morning to weigh herself, cant wait to see what she will be :)

Advertisement