Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

the nights seem to be going well for you kin. You and your oh sound like a great team:-) i cant believe we will have 2 more Augbabies for definite this week.or should i say three? little betsie will surely make an appearance too :-)
    enjoy your baby free days Belfast :-) take it easy for yourself x
    Betsie i hope you get a good night rest tonight and best of luck tomorrow x
    i started getting head aches again tonight bp up again. gp tomorrow, i really hope i can get on top of this blood pressure thing it is a real set back, cant leave the house without somebody with me and definitely cant drive :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Thanks everyone. Baby betsie will be here this week believe me :-) never thought i would be so looking forward to going to hospital :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

SSFG I agree with you on the huggies, they're not great. Pampers are ok but I've found tesco's ones the best.
    H slept from 11 til 6.30 last night, shes an absolute gem :) we're just chilling together now til daddy comes home on his lunch break for a cuddle :)
    Can I ask anyone else who is breast feeding- do you still get that period like pain from your uterus contracting during a feed? I got it for the first few days but it seems to have stopped now, not sure should I still be feeling it or not.

hi October i was getting that crampy pain too but like you it has eased off too in the last few days . also my Dr said that the stitches get pretty sore around day ten or so as they start to heal then

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

0ctober wrote: »
    SSFG I agree with you on the huggies, they're not great. Pampers are ok but I've found tesco's ones the best.
    H slept from 11 til 6.30 last night, shes an absolute gem :) we're just chilling together now til daddy comes home on his lunch break for a cuddle :)
    Can I ask anyone else who is breast feeding- do you still get that period like pain from your uterus contracting during a feed? I got it for the first few days but it seems to have stopped now, not sure should I still be feeling it or not.

Hi October, I'm not getting the cramps as much the past few days. Maybe it's still there but we are more used to it. Either that or the uterus is starting to shrink back to its right size. Your little one had some sleep! That was excellent.

I am finding the pampers ok the past few days. Since baby's clamp on her belly came off they seem better if that makes sense!

• Advertisement

Afternoon ladies, just out of the hospital now, Im being induced on Thursday morning woohoo i finally have a plan

pushkii wrote: »
    hi October i was getting that crampy pain too but like you it has eased off too in the last few days . also my Dr said that the stitches get pretty sore around day ten or so as they start to heal then

Thanks for that Pushki, my wound got very sore yesterday. The pain has gone, its just soreness. I was starting to get worried!

Afternoon ladies, just out of the hospital now, Im being induced on Thursday morning woohoo i finally have a plan

Great news Betsie x

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Great news Betsie finally!

Gave up on the huggies, using pampers now they are better. I might try the huggies again when she's a bit bigger, maybe if they fit her better they won't leak?

Lillian was weighed today, she's just over 2 weeks, she was 7lbs 12oz t birth now she's 8lbs 8oz!! Guzzling the formula she is!

Thanks everyone, i was so excited when i came out that i cried for about 20mins, i can't believe that i finally have a plan x

• Advertisement

That is fantastic betsie you must be so relieved x
    Kin my stitches are sore too the last day or so but im sure they will get better soon. My blood pressure medication was increased today and i think its making me drowsy so im getting sleeps whenever bab is :-) i noticed today that she cries before she wees is that normal ?

Oh pushki, relieved is not the word for it, i know that one way or another i will have my wonderful little baby in my arms this week x

pushkii wrote: »
    That is fantastic betsie you must be so relieved x
    Kin my stitches are sore too the last day or so but im sure they will get better soon. My blood pressure medication was increased today and i think its making me drowsy so im getting sleeps whenever bab is :-) i noticed today that she cries before she wees is that normal ?

Was just talking to my neighbour earlier and she said girls hate being wet. My little one hates getting her nappy changed and fusses when she is wet and dirty.

Betsie im so delighted for you at least you can relax for the next few days :-) kiniori i do notice that she hates being changed too and being wet, must be a girl thing alright ;-) i wouldn't blame her though!
    I got the tesco nappies today and they are abit more flimsy than the aldi ones though softer. have yet to see if they leak. they are very cheap though :-)

wow SSFG that is a great weight gain!! :-) absolutely beautiful name too i love it !! the public health nurse is calling tomorrow can't wait to see what baby p weighs now!

Ah betsie that's great news, you can start counting down the sleeps til you meet your little girl, and if she decides to make an appearance before Thursday then even better! I'm so excited for you, I'd love to relive that day all over (minus the pain of course!) it's just the best experience ever :)

I think H is getting a cold :( she has a bit of a snotty nose and keeps sneezing and her breathing sounds a little wheezy. Will be keeping a very close eye on her, poor pet :( Apart from that she's thriving, its her 1 week birthday today :)

Pampers were buy one get one half price in Boots

oh no Oct the poor pet :-( hope she feels better soon.
    Betsie i just realised how long it has been since your edd! it will be worth the wait and like Oct said you have so much to look forward to, i would love to relive those first hours again too :-) im so excited for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Oh imagine betsie, our babies could have the same birthday, least you finally have a plan in place now. Wonder how did tishandy get on today

ive been thinking about her all day hopefully she has her little bundle by now :-)
    SSFG that is a good deal on pampers! have to say the tesco ones are better than i thought, passed the wee test!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

October my little man is the same re breathing. If it hasn't improved tomorrow will get some karvol and see them.
    Betsie I am delighted for you. ..there is an end in sight. Great to finally have date x
    have to say I'm finding the pampers great. Had nurse out today, baby is flying!

are ye girls using any nappy cream? i use the odd bit of vaseline nothing else though. Baby p's skin is a little dry should i use some kind of lotion on it? cant believe the amount of wipes im getting through too. i like the pampers sensitive ones but might try using cotton wool and water again

Pushkii I was wondering the same thing as my little girl has quite dry skin around her feet and tummy. I was wondering about some sort of baby oil but I'm afraid of her skin being too sensitive. Vaseline is a good idea though. I had thought about silcocks base as well maybe.
    GeeG what is karvol? Haven't heard of it before.

My lady has peeling skin on her hands and feet, I got some E45 junior cream in Boots(it was on offer they are having a Baby event) hope it works soon!

Also, if anyone is in Galway or close, check this out
    http://www.livingsocial.com/ireland/cities/514-limerick/deals/436340-three-baby-to-toddler-studio-photoshoots
    I think I'll get this done, very good deal!

thanks for all the good wishes everyone :) thursday cant come quick enough now :)

vaseline is a great barrier cream, should use it every time you change the nappies as the pee wont soak into there skin,

District nurse told me yest that u should always moisturise baby as it can get very dry and drive them mad. she recommended silcocks base too.
    Ye betsie is right bout vaseline, use it every change as barrier and when they have sore bum sudocream.
    October karvol are little capsules you get and you cut them open and for example put a drop on either side of; moses basket and clears breathing. Suppose its lik same idea as vicks rub only its not applied to babies skin. I remember my sister using it with her two.
    oh yeah, there's little tube of baby moisturiser in eumom bags x

Oh right, thanks GeeG I'll look into that if her cold develops cheers.
    Didn't have a great night last night. H was up quite late feeding constantly, was exhausted when I finally got her down. Turned off the light and tried to get some sleep, I could hear her fussing a bit but not crying, decided to leave her as I was so tired. She kept it up and eventually I got up, saw she had spit up and it had gone everywhere- all in her hair, her ear and all down her neck :(. I felt so so awful cos I'd left her to soothe herself for a bit, I felt like I should have known something was wrong. I burst into tears and cried for about 2 hours, cudnt sleep either as I felt I had to watch her to make sure it didnt happen again. This mammy guilt is really awful, you could really torture yourself.
    On another note- how much bleeding do you all still have? I noticed some fresh bright red bleeding last night and a blood clot. I checked and its not from my stitches. Not sure if its normal or who I should ring, maybe the public health nurse?

i still have bleeding, thought it was going but still there. think it can last for few weeks and nurse yest said it can reappear after week o4 two. i wish it would just go.
    had a bad night here too, little man was v unsettled. but only getting up now as he jus had a nice long sleep :) try not to get too upset october x x

October don't feel guilty, you are entitled to try and rest too, these things happen, big hug x try and get a bit of rest today x x

• Advertisement

October hope you are feeling better x The stress does get bad at times you are doing fantastic sounds like H is thriving :-)
    I used a little bit of the cream that came with the euro mom packs its great!
    SSFG i must check out that deal when i get the chance, is it a photoshoot? i really want to get one done with baby p :-)
    The public health nurse called today baby p is back to her birth weight already which she said is great!! Im delighted about that ! my blood pressure is down a bit too high is great :-)
    Does anyone else notice their hair is in really bad condition now? mine is in bits :-(

Advertisement