Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Hey girls , haven't had a chance to read back over last few days, had my section yesterday baby sadhbh born 5 lbs 14 oz. She is an angel. I'm quite sore but on morphine and staff are great , breastfeeding going well. Going to have a sleep now but ill be back on here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Massive congratulations tishandy, keep taking the pain killers and try get plenty of rest x

pushki glad your bp was down a bit today and that baby p is doing well too x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Tishandy big congrats, love love love the name! Good to hear feeding is goin well. Take care x
    Pushkii my man was also back to birth weight yest ,llttle bruiser :-) that little tube of cream is lovely Isn't it, must have a look round for it.
    Betsie how are you feeling today mrs? I'd say it's so exciting having a definite day x x. What are you thinking about pain relief now? I'd say you just can not wait for your little woman z

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Tishandy, congrats love the name1

Yeah pushkii it's a session at 3 months 6 months and 12 months. Am taking loads of pics but I'm sure photographer would be better at getting really cute pics!

My lady is a divil she won't sleep during the day for me at all. She takes a long time to take a bottle then I'd change her and wind her but she fights the sleep so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Tishandy massive Congrats to you and your family. little S sound like an absolute angel im delighted everything went well and that the breastfeeding is going well. I love the name too :-) You relax and take all the help they offer you in the hospital x

• Advertisement

October- 3rd August, born 13th August Girl 8lb 8oz first baby!!

Minxy Moo - born 6th August Girl 7lb 10oz

SSFG- 3rd August, born 4th August, first baby! * A girl!* 7lb 12oz:)

Betsie- 5th August, 1st baby *a girl!*

New Look- 9th August, C-section, 2nd and 3rd babies, 2 for the price of 1 !! BORN 24TH JULY, EMERGENCY C-SECTION, TWO BOYS :)

Rose- 9th August,born 15th August first baby *a boy!* 8lb 11oz[/B]

Pushki- 16th August, first baby Born 11th August weight 6lb 12oz *a girl!*

Kiniori- 18th August,born 10th August A little Girl, 7lbs third baby!

Gee_G -19th August, born 14th August 7lb5oz , a boy!!, first baby!!

Tishandy- 20th August, C-section, 2nd baby, 5lb 14oz, *a girl!*

Laura- 28th August, 2nd baby, *a girl!*

Belfastmedic, 29th August, first baby, *a boy!*

Excited_FTM , 30th August, first baby![/QUOTE]

Gee G its great to see them thriving isnt it ? I love that little tube of cream too ive it nearly all used on myself :D
    SSFG i really would love to get those photos done of the baby its fantastic value all right though Galway is a bit of a drive. I looked up a few websites of photographers in the Limerick area anynone have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Ladies, havent been on in a while, I have been so busy with my little man and visitors, its so busy busy, my little boy is a great feeder, guzzles his bottles, had to change his formula on advise from phn as the one he was on wasn't strong enough. Im loving being a mammy, and I dont feel sleep deprived as yet even though he is up every 2 and a half to 3 hrs for his bottle.

Re the nappies - I started on pampers but he is wetting himself and we are constantly changing babygros!!!!! So now I have changed to Huggies i don't know if they are any better but I read someone recommended tesco brand so will try them.

Congrats to all the new arrivals, and good luck Betsie, im thinking of you.
    I must update the list or is it you pushki thats in charge of that :), I named my little boy Jamie :) xxx

Hi Ladies, havent been on in a while, I have been so busy with my little man and visitors, its so busy busy, my little boy is a great feeder, guzzles his bottles, had to change his formula on advise from phn as the one he was on wasn't strong enough. Im loving being a mammy, and I dont feel sleep deprived as yet even though he is up every 2 and a half to 3 hrs for his bottle.

Re the nappies - I started on pampers but he is wetting himself and we are constantly changing babygros!!!!! So now I have changed to Huggies i don't know if they are any better but I read someone recommended tesco brand so will try them.

Congrats to all the new arrivals, and good luck Betsie, im thinking of you.
    I must update the list or is it you pushki thats in charge of that :), I named my little boy Jamie :) xxx

Sorry seemed to have posted same post a few times, my internet access is gone haywire here.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

im feeling ok today Gee G thanks :) i havent really though too much about pain relief but they said to me in the hospital yesterday that if my bp is up they will recommend that i get an epi so they can control it, after that i dont really know x

rose its great to hear from you :) glad your loving being a mammy, i cant wait to be one either x

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Thanks for the support girls, I just love her so much I hated seeing her uncomfortable like that :( didn't manage to get any sleep today and have to go over to oh's parents house now for dinner and visitors. Not really feeling up to it but can't really back out now and they're dying to see her.

Big congrats to you tishandy, love the name! Hope you and baby are doing well and getting loads of rest.

Whats the name of that cream from the eumom pack? Seem to have misplaced my pack among all the clutter!

yeah what the name of the cream ladies, i seem to have misplace mine too :) have bits of it all around the house :)

Rose it is great to see you getting on so well :-) i hope i updated the list right:-) Aah nothing worse than a leaky nappy!! The tesco ones are great i think for the price of them but the aldi ones are thicker more bulky. they might be good if your little man wees a lot. The name of the cream is oilatum junior :-)
    October you must be exhausted you poor thing , try get your oh to make excuses to not to stay too long tonight you and H need the rest x
    Betsie if you have problems with your bp its best to mind yourself and take as much pain relief possible. I never had high blood pressure until the birth, the trauma of the birth has raised mine, the meds have brought it down a bit but its still a worry. How are you feeling otherwise? x

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi Everyone,

Congrats Tishandy, beautiful name for your little girl. Congratulations x
    Betsie - 2 more sleeps!!!

This way be useful for mammies of babies who seen to be a little more fussy than normal. Baby may be having a Growth Spurt!

When do babies have growth spurts?
    Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). Babies don’t read calendars, however, so your baby may do things differently.

My little woman has dry feet too! I must root out the cream from the bag too. I use Caldesene powder on her bottom, only a little dusting of it. It's what my mam used on us.

kiniori i can definitely notice baby p is going through a growth spurt in the lastday or so. feeding a lot and quite fussy. most of her babygrows are too small for her! she pooed all over her grandad tonight :-D
    i bathed her and she is very settled now hope to get a few hrs sleep. I noticed a little fresh blood on her belly button too :-(

Yeah kin 2sleeps except i can't sleep, Im exhausted but i just can't sleep :-(

only slept about an hour last night, i have to go to my gp just to check my bp and i just know its up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Oh girls, i'm such a wreck. Can't believe that this time tomorrow I either will be or will not be far off being a mammy again. Spent all day yesterday with my other daughter who asked me last week was it ok if we spent tuesday doing all the fun things she likes as it was going to be her last full day as an only child, I almost cried for her the little pet. Couldn't sleep lastnight, i'm quite nervous/excited/anxious oh I just don't know what I am.

Tishandy congrats on ur little girl, u must be delighted, i'm glad the nurses is keeping on top of ur pain relief. Quick question though, how long did it take you to get up and walk again?

Betsie best of luck for today, maybe if there is a problem with ur bp, they mite take you in and induce you today. Have all over you by tomorrow, and you won't have a sleepless night of worrying about the unknown.

Girls all ur babies seem to be thriving, isn't it brilliant. You are all great mammy's and should all be so so proud of yourselves. We are some kinda wonderful :D

Betsie i hope you are feeling better , try and get some rest if you can x
    Laura that is so adorable about your daughter :-) i bet she cant wait to be a big sister. I cant believe we will prob have two new august mums tomorrow :-)
    Hope everyone is doing well today x

• Advertisement

yeah im trying to rest as much as i can :) bp was ok today

laura i know exactly how you are feeling, im nervous, excited, scared, happy, i just cant believe this time tomorrow all going well ill be in labour anyway :)

Best of luck Laura and Betsie can't wait to hear the news!

***Pamperwatch update: They are on special offer in Dunnes, the size 1 newborns 50 pack are 2 for €14 for babies 4-11lbs!

How is everyone in regards to pain/stitches etc? I dunno. I was flying and now seem to be going backwards.
    Also bout pampers, I am using them and was using the baby dry ones. had another box of them here and they are the new baby one's and are leaking everywhere. The poor little lad keeps getting up soaked and now struggling to find the baby dry ones in his size. Jesus nothing is ever straight forward! !

Gee_G wrote: »
    How is everyone in regards to pain/stitches etc? I dunno. I was flying and now seem to be going backwards.
    Also bout pampers, I am using them and was using the baby dry ones. had another box of them here and they are the new baby one's and are leaking everywhere. The poor little lad keeps getting up soaked and now struggling to find the baby dry ones in his size. Jesus nothing is ever straight forward! !

You're supposed to point the pee pee downwards aren't you? I only heard that recently, and I also never knew the blood in a baby girls nappy is normal.

Do the nappies go far up his back GeeG?

SSFG that is a really good offer i must get a few packs of them. I tried the huggies today and they failed the wee test :-(
    Gee g my Dr told me that after about a week or ten days the stitches get sore as they start to heal. Make sureyou are getting enough pain relief

SSFG wrote: »
    Gee_G wrote: »

You're supposed to point the pee pee downwards aren't you? I only heard that recently, and I also never knew the blood in a baby girls nappy is normal.

Do the nappies go far up his back GeeG?
    Yeah you have2 point it down as it goes everywhere :) got the nappies I was looking for tHank god.
    Maybe that's what it is so pushki, my whole pelvis feels sore and achey. Also think I have the dreaded piles too :(

witch hazel is great for the piles gee g as for the achey. pelvis that's really uncomfortable isn't it? i found walking helped that a bit. i have had a really bad headache all day. panadol did nothing for. it :-(

Must try witch Hazel tomorrow.jesus I am keeping the chemist in business since I got home! ! I find the old reliable hot water bottle good for the pelvic pain but as soon as I sit down on sieze up again! I'm walking lik John Wayne here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

My little woman weed all over me today! It leaked down the changing mat and all over my feet. The 2 boys had weapons and they never weed on me lol :D

Yea the little pee pee points down the way.

Betsie and Laura, looking forward to hearing yere news really soon x

My wound is getting sorer too, its very bad. Anyone with a section wound find it is gone lumpier? I took no diphene today, no pain just sore :/

• Advertisement

I didn't have a section but last year had abdominal surgery with same incision as c section and my scar is still lumpy, presume its just from wher thread stuff goes up and down and scar tissue heals differently around it. Try and keep it nice and moist, hose it down and won't feel as bad.
    My little man pee's everywhere, any bit of fresh air at all :):)

Advertisement