Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

pushkii wrote: »
    Aww how cute gee g!! im going to ring photographers today. i really want to do photos too :-) Is that the deal you bought ?
    No, it wasn't a deal. Just heard about this woman. SHe was fantastic, was here for 4 hours, lots of time to settle him and feed him and she was fantastic wit him. Can't wait to get them now :)
    how is everyone today? Am still in quite bit no Pain today but glad it's weekend and my oh is off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Congrats Betsie x delighted it is all over. Make sure you ring that bell if you need pain relief!

Enjoy every minute. Can't wait to hear how ye are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

hi ladies,

i was just wondering if any of you felt sick(nausea) after eating any meals towards the end of your pregnancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Hi Excited, i was very sick there two weeks ago. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah I felt a bit nauseous on and off towards the end excited. As if you're not uncomfortable enough!
    Also betsie I meant to say I got a doughnut shaped cushion from mothercare for sitting on and it has been a great relief for my stitches, made life so much easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Evening ladies, what a day, never thought it possible to love anything this much :-) i just can't stop looking at her, she is feeding ok. She is so good to sleep too x

to top off all the stitches i had i have piles too, never had them before, by god they are sore x

Ah I know betsie, it is amazing isn't it. I'm the same still ten days on,am fascinated at how gorgeous he is. Am so happy you have all over you now. Yeah I have piles too and the bloody pain is unreal. Don't even think my stitches are sore at all anymore just them.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

betsie im delighted you are enjoying your first. day together :-) As the girls say ring the bell if you need anything! Are you breastfeeding? Its great your little one is sleeping well :-)
    My stitches are a good bit better in the last day or so. I stilltake pain relief at night. The last two weeks have been non stop visitors ill be glad when it quitens down :-) Its so great to see all the august mammys doing so well, not long now Belfast and excited!!

hopefully, although i reckon il prob go over.

I have a hospital appointment monday.

Yeah Im trying to breast feed but i find she is hungry again after a while, last night i had to top her up with a bottle i was just so tired and sore and after she had it slept for nearly 5hours was great x

• Advertisement

Yeah Im trying to breast feed but i find she is hungry again after a while, last night i had to top her up with a bottle i was just so tired and sore and after she had it slept for nearly 5hours was great x
    Betsie the first 3 days of breastfeeding are torture , babies feed every hrs or so and are always hungry. Your nipples can get really sore if they don't latch on properly. Multimam balm is a lifesaver!!
    once the milk comes in, day 3 or 4 you will notice a huge difference in baby. they are full after a feed and settled.
    I know the first few days are really tough but if you can get through them it will get so much easier :-)
    how did you find the epidural betsie?

The love is just overwhelming isnt it? I can just stare at her for hours, I still hate leaving her when I go for a shower etc! There's nothing like being a mammy, its the best job in the world :) I used to say I wanted maximum 2 children but now I want lots! :P

How is the pain now betsie? x
    October i know what you mean!! id be even missing the pudding when she's in the basket beside me!! I always wanted lots of kids but now i only have the one and she might be the only one ill ever have i want to give her my undivided attention !! I cant believe how fast she is growing already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

You just can't beat the baby cuddles can you? I do be staring at her sometimes willing her to wake up and cry just so I can pick her up!! What was life like before?!!

I know I couldnt imagine life without her now! Love the baby cuddles, especially skin to skin its so special :)

We had our first day out today, three of us headed off shopping. I'm shattered now tho ha ha. Baby D never woke at all the pet. Even tho I'm quite sore now and tired I felt great getting showered and half dressed up and bit of make up on :)
    I totally know what ye mean about cuddles etc. Its funny cos I'm turning into someone is never thought i wouLd, I'm all about him, besotted doesn't even begin to describe it. Hate being away from him etc. Its funny, I don't even mind night feeds :)
    how's this weeks new mammys??
    And what about the last of our expectant mammys?!any movement? X

aww. i think were all turning into one of those people we'd never want to be like!! like i would much rather spend my sat night with my little bundle than go out on the tear!!
    Had a distruptful evening with baby p. For some reason i thought it would be good to express some milk. bad idea . baby p hasn't settled all night as she was starving. even after her bath she was fussing still. she has been awake since 4hopefully she'll settle soon .if she doesn't i might have to ice her the expressed milk.
    also she's had so many dirty nappies !! about ten since 4pm. is this normal? every time i check her nappy its dirty :-(

Think theRe Should be a couple of dirty ones every day but that's quite a lot! I don't know tho :) aw is she wrecked the poor little thing?

ya she is so tired think she's finally asleep in her Moses basket, the poor crater :-) ya gee g the amount of nappies is unreal. i think i heard somewhere that b.fed babies always have lots of dirty nappies. i hope this is true, i hope she doesn't have an upset tummy :-(

ya she is so tired think she's finally asleep in her Moses basket, the poor crater :-) ya gee g the amount of nappies is unreal. i think i heard somewhere that b.fed babies always have lots of dirty nappies. i hope this is true, i hope she doesn't have an upset tummy :-(

• Advertisement

Hopefully afTer she sleeps she will be flying again! I am feeding himself aptamil and the nurse said its v close to breast milk n dirty nappies are v similar to breastfed and my god the colour of some of them ha ha. Who kNew something so small could do such a thing :):)

Hi ladies

I woke during the night and started vomiting (sorry if too much info) but since then I've an awful tight pain in my tummy and I'm fierce uncomfortable. Do you think it's just my muscles in my tummy from the vomiting? I still feel nausea

Ye could be just your muscles from wretching. Betsie pulled one sneezing a while back. I suppoSe we're not really using tHem while pregnant so can happen eaSily. How long have you left now? How are you feeling this morning

Afternoon ladies, hope we are all well, baby is doing great, feeding well have to top her up with bottle ever now and then she is so hungry at time, daddy lover that though coz he gets to do it,

Tmi my stitches are feeling a bit tight today but nurse said they are healing well, my piles on the other hand are sore, i have one really big one, i have to get a surgeon to see it before i go home, never had them before and i never want them again :-(

Betsie I got them too and found that anusol cream and suppository great' also what girls above were saying bout tea tree, mix wit water in a bottle and squirt :) mine have gone down a lot and I was in tears other day. Also, I really think arnica tablets helped a lot wit stitches x

How much tee tree oil and water would you use?

I was using a litre sports bottle with squirty top and putting in a good maybe ten drops of Tea tree, I was afraid of this too at start cos thought it would sting but just see yourself but I found no matter how much I put in it did not sting once, just relieved all the time. I was just stepping into shower few times a day just to do this, its amazing for both. then sprinkle few drops of the oil on pad and you ll be lik new woman. X

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

pushkii wrote: »

Don't worry Pushki, my little one is the same, the amount of dirty nappies is unreal lol.

Its a sign that the b feeding is going well x

Thanks gee g Im going to try that now x

pushki did baby sleep after today for you x

• Advertisement

thanks Kinori i thought there was something wrong. Ya betsie she is loads better today thank god:-) back to herself! You poor thing with the stitches and piles arnica and tea tree oil are fantastic. Also if you think there's any signs of infection ask the nurses to have a look. the stitches do get worse before they get better but they will get better :-) when are you coming home betsie?
    Excited watch out for diarrhea with the nausea i got it before i went into labour !

Advertisement