Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Yeah the nurses have been keeping eye on them and they look perfect so they say they just getting tight is all x i had a surgeon in to look at the piles he told me just to put ice pack on it for a few mins at a time should bring it right down if not to come back to him.

Im going home tomorrow i can't wait x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

hopefully the ice will help betsie. those are nasty things. You won't know yourself when you get home :-) is the maternity busy there where u are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I also found a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel v good and basically half sit on it cos a lot of my pain in felt was almost like my tail bone was sore or something! Prob sounds a bit strange :)

Anything is worth a try gee g :-)

can't wait to get out of here tomorrow, its busy here only since today was quite the rest me the week x

i just want my own bed,a comfortable chair to sit on and a decent bit of food x

Betsie I'd say you're mad to get going now, back to your own house. I found that the nice part, kind of finding your feet at home cos in hospital theres always someone to ask :)
    Aw girls, got an email last night wit all photos from the shoot the other day, I can't pick which ones I want as I want them all. They'r all so cute, :)

• Advertisement

Aww gee. g that will be so difficult to choose pics! Betsie. enjoy your first day home today with babs, so exciting!! God girls ill never be on time for anything ever again with baby p. such an ordeal to be rushing everyone else will just have to wait :-D Had a good night last night she's back to herself and just woke twice for a feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Aww GeeG I'd say they're gorgeous! Haha I know what yous mean about the dirty nappies, there's a crazy amount of em. And little H seems to think it's funny to projectile poo everywhere whenever her daddy changes her! It's the funniest thing ever, even yesterday when I was changing her and he came over and stood beside us and next thing there was a stream of poo shooting in his direction!

Pushkii I know what you mean about it taking forever to get all packed up when going out. The only outings we've had is round to OH's parents house but it takes so long to get everything together that you will need. It's like packing up for a weekend away! I have to say though I am looking forward to getting out and about. She's 2 weeks old today and I'm starting to go a bit mad cooped up in the house. I had planned to go to the local mother and new babies group this morning but it was absolutely lashing rain and I couldn't really drag her out in that. It would have been a bit of an ordeal I'd say as this time I wouldn't have had OH there to carry stuff etc. Dying to get out though, would have been great to chat to other new mammies. Luckily I still have you guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Oh October I would love to get out. I can't drive for another few weeks so when I get into town oh has to drive and the whole gang have to go. its time to come back to feed the little woman by the time we get there lol.

Gee g I'm sure your pic's are fab. I am so disappointed I didn't get to Kilkenny to have the newborn photos done. I didn't foresee a section. There was no way I could have gone for that long in the car before baby was 10 days old. I am gutted.

Hope you are home by now Betsie and people are giving you and Rachel a chance to settle in before visiting. I am glad it was quiet when you were there, I'm sure the decent food will go down well. You won't want to see another salad, boiled egg or sausage for a while! I'm still having nightmares lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Really need to start leaving the house a bit more often as well! Damn this weather everytime I get L into the buggy it starts raining! Plus I need to get a decent buggy what have ye all got buggy wise?

I have tHe baby elegance neyo and I absolutely love it! Its so light aNd easy to get in and out of boot etc.
    Jesus tHe weather is as odd, you can't go anywHere. Sunny one minute Raining the next.

• Advertisement

We have the quinny buzz, it wasnt my first choice I preferred the baby elegance beep twist but oh wanted the quinny and his parents were buying it as a present so I gave in! But I'm happy enough with the quinny now except for the size of the basket, its tiny!

I was at the gp today and my bp is finally back to normal :-D Yey!!
    I know what ye mean about getting cabin fever , me and bab will be heading off to visit a friend tomorrow just the two of us, i hope its not a disaster!!

I have the graco travel system and am ashamed to say i haven't used it yet, well the buggy anyway!! feel so bad that i should be walking baby every day but honestly i havent had the chance!

Ah that will be nice to get out tomorrow for day pushki. I might take a spin somewhere tomorrow too, want To get used to driving wit D in car and also putting the god dam car seat in and out!! Ha ha

We ran around the block with L earlier she was a bit unsettled and it helped, so i'd say if I got off my ass and went out properly a bit more often she'd be all the better for the fresh air!

ill definitely make it a goal this week to go for walks. we both could do with the fresh air.
    agh the ex wants to spend overnight with baby p. I don't feel comfortable with it and he's getting nasty. Like im letting him spend a good few hrs a week with her already. :-(

What bout suggesting that he stay in your house and do feeds etc? Tell him youre not ready yet?

well its my house that he wants to stay in and im breastfeeding so he cant really help there. so i don't know really ?:-(

Oh pushki you poor thing, its hard to know what to do, Im glad your bp is back to normal though x

well got home safe and sound today, had a good day, its hard to figure things out though but we will get there, she just gone back down after a change and a feed she seems happy enough now i think, she is a small bit snotty though i think, i hope she is not getting a cold,

the only visitors we had today were oh parents, nice of them to call but i also thought they would never leave either,

phn is coming out in the morning to do the heal pick test, Im dreading it

hope everyone is well x x x roll on day 2 :-)

betsie it is hard to try figuRe things out but trust me, first day or so you are home you1re kind of doing what your told to do,after that you are doing what your baby needs and wAnts. You will get settled In no time and you and Rachel will be flyig along :) the sniffLy nose, D alSo had one and nurse saIdit was normal as their nose isn't developed yet and they speNd most of their time feeding and trying to breath through it !!

betsie it is hard to try figuRe things out but trust me, first day or so you are home you1re kind of doing what your told to do,after that you are doing what your baby needs and wAnts. You will get settled In no time and you and Rachel will be flyig along :) the sniffLy nose, D alSo had one and nurse saIdit was normal as their nose isn't developed yet and they speNd most of their time feeding and trying to breath through it !!

• Advertisement

phn is coming out in the morning to do the heal pick test, Im dreading it

Put socks on under the babygro it keeps the toesies warm so they bleed better and the test will be quicker. Or have a bowl of warm water to dip the feet into same principle. Its not nice but best to get it right first time, PHN told us that Temple St are bad for sending back test for not enough of a blood sample then they have to be repeated.

Pushkii hope you are ok so awkward with the BFing not much the ex can do really. Hope ye get sorted. What name did you choose for baby P by the way??

When H had her heel prick I did the whole socks under the babygro and then put her straight on the boob afterwards which soothed her and calmed her down, so you could try that or have a bottle ready, cant remember what way you're feeding!
    We had a bit of a bad night last night and I'm absolutely shattered. I was on my own as well as OH stayed back in his parents house to get a decent nights sleep cos he has a busy week in work. I have no problem with him doing this every so often but when I was talking to him earlier he kept moaning about how tired he was- eh shut the help up you got eight hours straight of sleep I would kill for that!! Really had to resist the urge to punch him in the face. Even when he is here its me who ends up getting up with H cos I'm breastfeeding. Ugh men!!!

And pushkii hope you're not stressing too much. Dont let him push you into anything you're not comfortable with. You and babs are priority x

Aw october, its tough when you'Ve a bad night. Did you sleep today? I am becoming a dab hand at power napping :) think D is a little constipated and has him a bit unsettled. I'm having a very lazy day today. Haven't done a thing, but it nearly isn't worth it anymore cos of having to catch up on washing And bottles then!!
    How is everyone feeling now pain wise? I actually feel back to myself last few days, still bit stiff but ok

I went to visit friends today and god did it take a lot out of me! Had a thumping headache when i got home:-(

Aw that's beautiful name! :)
    yeah it's funny how things take it out of you when not usedto being out and about any more! Nice to get out for day tho?

Thanks gee g.ya its great to have the freedom to be driving again. I was pure nervous driving though. did u manage to choose some photos?

No not Yet, we just said we are going to go through them before bed tonight and order them in morn. I'm probably going to get 99% Of them ha ha.
    Do you have one of those mirrors to put in the back wit car seat that you can see in your rear view mirror?well, obviously only if your car seat is rear facing. A friend of miNe bought me one and it's fantastic!!

you are right too get all the ones you like! i actually do have one of those mirrors too need to adjust it properly though as could only see the top of her head today . she is a devil to settle tonight, she has got the bad habit of coming in to the bed with me

• Advertisement

you are right too get all the ones you like! i actually do have one of those mirrors too need to adjust it properly though as could only see the top of her head today . she is a devil to settle tonight, she has got the bad habit of coming in to the bed with me

Advertisement