Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ah what about it, if I feel tHe need to I will also be bringing D into the bed. He was in it twIce and loves it. Like a hot water bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Thanks GeeG, yeah I find it hard to nap during the day think I've only managed it once. I just seem to have a million things to do that I only get round to when shes asleep. OH is really irritating me these days and I dont know why. I feel bad cos its nothing in particular he does, just him being around me irritates me! I feel awful about it though as I can be quite short with him at times. I think its from being so tired. I miss sleep!

Pushkii I love the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

That's the hormones October i wouldn't worry too much about it, Imsure he understands,

Baby had her heal prick test this morning, i was traumatic i thought, glad oh was there to hold her.

Today is oh birthday and i spent about 2hours crying yesterday because didn't have a card gotten for him :-(

pushki glad you got out today, i can only imagine how much it took out me you, walking around the house just takes it out me me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

ha ha gee g I spend ages trying to settle her and once her eyes are closed and i think she's gone off one eye opens and she sees me and she's off again, i just give up and we both snuggle up in bed :-)
    October im sure your oh understands i think when we go through stress its the person we are most closest to that bears the brunt of it.
    Betsie i hope you are taking it easy, you have a perfectly good excuse to have forgotten ohs birthday card !! How is R settling in ?

Just ordered the photos. Think there was maybe 3 I didn't order And got the rest ha ha.

October your oh undersTands what you are going through so don't worry. Why don't you get him To mind baby tonight n go a nice bath and relax x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Pushkii the name is so cute I love it! I have the same with L here you think she's fast asleep then the one eye opens just to check she's not missing anything! Too wise they are!

October, I get where you're coming from re the sleep. I do the middle of the night feed so OH feeds her first thing at 6am he gets up at 6.30 anyway. Yesterday she didn't wake for a feed until 7.30 and he leaves at 8 so he took her and fed her then dropped her back into me. That was grand, I didn't mind but when she was looking for the next feed at 10am there were no bottles ready for her, they were out of the steriliser but no water in them so I'd to do it myself with the poor child screeching in my arms. There was a wash to be put out and it was still in the machine, so when OH arrived home I tore him a new one. He got up at 6.30 and had a nice breakfast in front of the telly. He 'forgot' to do the bottles or the washing. My god I was in a rage, I was so tired, so he had t do all the feeds last night and I slept, serves him right. I'm a b!tch I know, but as I said to him I don't 'forget' to do things, I always have his dinner ready for him least he can do is pour water into the bottles when they are sterilised!

R is settling in well thank god and sleeping well too can't complain that much, my sis is coming up from wexford today so i getting her to get card for me, Im feeling better in myself today too kinda started putting stuff away and doing washing etc will take it easy this afternoon alright, there is nothing like the cuddles Im so in love its crazy x

The poor men, they really don't stand a chance. They can't win :)
    My oh I have to say is being great, as soon as he gets home D goes to him for his feed or two before bed . He offers to do nights feeds too but I'd feel bad with him getting up for work. .. although weekends are a different story :):)
    betsIe is your sister staying wit you for few days?
    My little man has been awake since about 8 and will not settle at all whatever is wrong.

No she is just here for a few hours is all, she left me and oh go to bed for an hour which was great, :-)

Ah that Was nice of her. How long is yow oh off work for?
    Serious case of cabin fever today for some reason. :(

• Advertisement

He took 2weeks off work which is nice :-)

Ah that's nice for ye, at least you've lots Of help while you get into swing of things :)

Yeah its great love having him home with me X

god girls im so worn out today. C had a bad night last night and has been awake since 3 i haven't got a chance to rest at all. finding it tough even getting food for myself. C is really hungry too so its important to keep eating i feel so drained . the room is in a tip and i just have so much to do :-(

Its tough when they are unsettled isn't it ,I had that all morn this morn pushki. I'm not as bad tho as I'm bottle feeding. Is she settling now for you? Hopefully she will sleep well tonight so you can get rest too. Feck the room, it'll be there tomorrow.

Don't worry about the room pushki, just worry about yourself and c and make sure your eating right x i hope she settles for you tonight, i have had a really busy day today and Im exhausted, hope she sleeps well tonight too x my back is at me too today but i just think i over did it x roll on bed time x

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Hope you're ok pushkii, I'd say it can be very hard doing it on your own. When I'm on my own with H it can be hard to even find the time to go to the toilet. The room can wait although I know the feeling as I'm living at my parents house too so space is tight. You just feel like you'd be a lot more relaxed if the room was in order, but with her stuff, my stuff and oh's stuff the place is barely tidy for 5 mins! I guess we all just have to get used to not getting around to keeping the house in shape, we're only human!

ya ye are right feck the room!! and ya Oct it is sometimes impossible to find time to go to the loo.not to mind making dinner. i really hope tommorr will be better. C is only settled now in my arms but i think once i put her in her Moses basket all hell will break loose!! Betsie mind your back i found i was like jelly the first few days out of hospital. so don't do any heavy lifting and such sometimes an epidural can cause back pain too.

Betsie I second that about watching your back, I went mad doing stuff, bending and lifting and am crippled since last weekend. Seemingly it can take few weeks for your back to sort itself out after epi.
    We aRe off for our two week check up tomorrow. .... have to fight wit bloody car seat again so ha ha

yeah i have to take it easy today Im crippled and r was awake a good bit last night too so Im wrecked as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Pushki, my little one has been unsettled the past few nights. She sleeps great during the day. At night she groans for hours on end. I am exhausted with the feeding and starving all the time. She will be 3 weeks tomorrow so maybe is another growth spurt coming on, either that or something I ate is upsetting her tummy. I am thinking of changing her to formula in 2 or 3 weeks time. I feel guilty because I love feeding her even though it is tough, but I need to think of OH and the Boy's too.

How long to you plan to feed for Pushki?

Be careful of the backs girls, ligaments are still loose so ye could do damage without realising x

What about tHe last few expectant august mums? I wonder have we a few more babies to add to the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Aw girls I haven't been on this for a lifetime!!!! Holy moly are things busy in our house!!!

Huge congratulations to all the new mammies! I've been sitting here reading pages upon pages to catch up! So exciting. Today is the first time in I don't know how long that I've opened my laptop!

The boys are doing great. Five weeks already and they've been home for two weeks now. Feels like they were never not here! It's hard going sometimes but my patience levels have def increased! Hubbie went back to work on Monday after being off for two weeks. It's hard to listen to one bawling waiting for a feed while the other is being fed but that only happens when I'm on my own. They are both wakening together and feeding every four hours which is great but nights are hard going. Visitors have been mental and the house has hardly emptied. I've been out a few times in the car with them myself and managing ok but trying to get the buggy down is impossible and I end up making an ejit of myself in the carpark :)

So great to read how everyone is getting on. It's hard to believe that all those months ago when this thread started that we'd all still be here and now posting about our babies. It's just class :) Also hard to believe that today is my official due date!!!

New look its great to hear from you, oh my god is it 5weeks already, glad the boys are doing well, its hard to believe August is over now, the month i always thought would never come, now here i am with my beautiful little girl in my arms, its been the best journey of my life and i really enjoyed spending it with ye x x x

Aww girls ye are making me all emotional :-) New look its great to hear from you, so great that the boys are doing well, i don't know how you manage the both of them when you're on your own!! they must be thriving now :-)
    Kiniori the breastfeeding is so tough isn't it, you are fantastic to have done it so far esp when you have two little boys too. I find im just eating for the sake of it as ive lost an awful amount of weight . I look shattered but i really want to continue wit it as i really enjoy it and C is thriving :-D

Betsie what is R like does she sleep well?

She is good to sleep mostly, last night she was awake a good bit but other then that she is good,

That's good she's mostly settled they all.have their good and bad days i guess :-) Id say we should be expecting news on the remainder of the august babies . Excited and Belfast haven't been on in a while :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear all the babies are doing so well :)

Today is my due date, but im still here!!

Excited how are you feeling?
    Who do ye're babies look like? ye or yere other halves? Everyone is saying that C looks like me :)

• Advertisement

Oh excited i know that feeling, hope you are doing ok

r looks like me, the second she was born the midwife said it that she was the spit of me haha :-) oh mother is not impressed haha

Advertisement