Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Lost feeling great. Have an odd back ache have started getting quite crampy down south. Not sure what to be expecting!!

What will the contractions feel like?

Just ate a curry :) going to sit back and look at the soaps.

I know what you ladies meant now about wanting to turn off your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Aww how cute betsie :-) Excited those crampy pains sound promising:-) You could do one better and change your number like a few of us had to on this thread :-P
    When do you have your next hospital app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

any cramps are good, i was the same i had no idea what to expect but my god once you get a contraction you will know :)

keep a watch on the contactions to see if they have a regular pattern. my ones were just like period pains but regular and only for me taking them seriously cos they were regular id have had the baby at the side of the road!!
    you have the most amazing few weeks ahead of you Excited :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Morning ladies, baby Patrick James was born at 1:30am on wednesday
    6lbs 12.

He's so small and cute :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Congrats Belfast!!:):) well done you. Hope your in good form x

Ah belfast that's brilliant news massive congratulations x o x o

huge Congrats to you Belfast xx I bet you are head over heels in love with him :-) how are you feeling :-) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Congrats Belfast delighted for ya!

Just had a call from the hospital saying I tested positive for group B strep and have to have antibiotics during labour for any future pregnancies. Anyone else in the same boat? Apparently 30-40% of women carry it and it can pass to the baby during labour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I'm feeling ok, went for the natural birth. I think it hasn't sunk in yet that i'm a mammy now :o

It will sink in quick enough once you get home :-) hope ye are both doing well x

Haven't heard anything about my bloods yet October, do you need any treatment now for it or is it just for future x

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Congrats brill news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Congrats Belfast! Enjoy every minute x

Belfast im delighted for ye it is hard to think were all mammies now isn't it?! We made it :-) still cant believe i came through all of this and i have the most beautiful girl to show for it , I wouldn't change her for the world :-)

Went out Shopping today wit my mam. Holy **** I am wrecked since I got home. Its bloody hard timing everything around feeds n giving lots of time so ya don't rush feeds etc. Takes organising :)
    So it's official, any ailment I could have got since the birth I have got!!
    Turned over onto my stomach last night in bed, wow I've missed it! :)

Oh girls my stitches are at me tonight no matter what i do getting no relief at all fine:-( r is wide awake too and looks like she has no intention what so ever of sleeping any time soon x

Did ya try shower with the tea tree x

Yeah, i did i think they are just starting to heal maybe, its just so annoying x

:-( betsie i hope you feel better today.. They really start to hurt when they start healing. I hope R settled for you the poor crater .
    Gee g isn't it so hard to get all organised to go shopping?! you must be wrecked after it!
    I really need to go shopping myself C has outgrown. all her babygrows!!

• Advertisement

Betsie I Have also invested in a tub of epsom salt. You should try and bath with them?
    Yes it is so hard to get organised! At least you don't hav to worry about bottles pushkii :)
    Ok so time for a moan, to go along with my lovely stitches I got a call from hospital otHer day to say anything sample I had given showed up and kidney infection which I'Ve to go on antibiotIcs for! And along with tHe loVely piles, I did not listen to the lovely midwife in the hospital who advised me to eat some probiotic yoghurt when I got out of hospital and today i have to take a spin to the chemist (whose staff I am almost cerTainly paying their wages since I gate birth!!!) And get some treatment for thrush!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!
    Rant over :)

Oh gee g you poor thing as if the stitches and the piles were not enough,

r finally settled around 3woke again at half 5 and back asleep after feed and woke at half 7

My ankles and fingers are finally back to normal size i was so happy putting my engagement ring back on yesterday, i even ordered some new clothes for myself on littlewoods last night, Im sick of the same clothes :-)

You are dead right betsie. I ordered a few bits de other day too. Had to order new leggings as none of own are comfortable after wearing the maternity ones ha. I'm still going round in maternity ones til they arrive only I've no belly to hold them up :)
    D slept from 9 last night til 3.30, had feed then didn't8 wake til 7.30 :-D:-D

Wow that was some sleep gee g that's brilliant :-) Im so sick of wearing maternity clothes, i just kinda want to get back to normal :-)

Wow gee g that boy sure can sleep! C slept from about 1 to half 5.wen back to sleep at about 8 and slept until half 12 and is asleep again :-)
    Betsie poor R must have been exhausted.hopefully she is back on track now :-)
    Actually i think i might treat myself to a few clothes too, Its so hard to find nice bf tops though. Im still living in my button down nightdresses!! Im still living in my leggings too :-)
    Gee g that's awful you have an infection on top of everything :-(

I got 2nice breast feeding tops in mother care a while back Im there sale, and i got a vest top in marks and Spencer on line too x

yeah she seems more settled today thank god, we are over with the in laws at the moment, mil is driving me mental telling me Im doing everything wrong ahhhh

God she had a good nights sleep too pushkii, long may it last :)
    He may have slept well last night but not having good morn in this house, he's spitting up an awful lot the poor thing. 3 changes of clothes already!!I'm still in my pjs, hair standing on my head and I've viSitors coming soon! The joys of it :)
    ye I'm pretty annoyed about all the stuff that I've to treat aNd take tabs for to be honest. Just want To get back to normal so I can be fully well to run around after himself :) but it's still all worth it :)

I got 2nice breast feeding tops in mother care a while back Im there sale, and i got a vest top in marks and Spencer on line too x

yeah she seems more settled today thank god, we are over with the in laws at the moment, mil is driving me mental telling me Im doing everything wrong ahhhh
    Ah betsie I don't believe ya, its bloody hard biting your lip!!

Aah betsie how annoying !! its grand for other people too give their views isn't it they aren't the ones up at night with a screaming baby!!
    It must be so annoying taking tablets on top of everything gee g just another set back isn't it :-( you'll be right as rain in a few days :-)
    i went for a long walk yesterday and now my hips are killing me :-(

• Advertisement

Oh Im fit to swing for her and can't say a word :-( and can't leave coz some me her sisters are on the way out to see us now :-(

Advertisement