Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Aah!you poor thing betsie, get your oh to make it up to you with a take away and glass of wine tonight while you sit back and watch the x factor :-)
    God id murder a glass of wine now :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Agree with pushkii, its alright for everyone giving their opinion but we know our babies best x
    Fair Play going for long walk, I havent gone for one at all! I've been pure lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh id love a glass of wine alright, Im still giving some breast though so won't be having one x ill have the take away though haha x

That's fantastic betsie hows it going are you giving. much top up? gee g i totally didn't plan on going for the walk im such a lazy bones normally :-)

she is a very hungry baby, looking for feeds all the time, im giving her maybe 3 bottles during the day and she gets some at night too when oh feeds her, its great for him though gives them time to bond :)

i would love to have the energy to go for a lovely long walk, maybe next week x x x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah betsie they didnt say much about it other than that. They rang again to say my results show I have an infection and need antibiotics now :(
    I agree with yous about people telling you to do this and that. Everyone keeps telling me I have to give her a bottle at night as she would feed on and off for maybe 4 hours or so at night. I'm happy enough to keep up the exclusive breast feeding and I'd be afraid that bringing in a bottle would affect my milk supply. Is anyone else exclusively breast feeding?

In feeding and bottle and my supply is just fine there is plenty there for her

i just had to start nodding and agreeing today it was just easier, even when we were leaving she told me i was putting her coat on wrong, like how many ways is there to put on a coat haha, oh maybe i just can't handle her with my hormones or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I'm just breastfeeding October. she rarely goes more than 4 hours either day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah she just seems to be really hungry at night, would be on the boob up to 10 times maybe within the 4 hour period. She wouldn't do it when shes feeding during the day. I don't know it seems kind of odd, my mam said it might be just that at that time of day that I don't have enough milk for her. But even if it is that then dropping that feed for a bottle would only cause my milk to decrease further wouldn't it? :confused: It's so hard to know! I'm going to go along to my local BF support group on Tuesday and see what they can suggest.

Betsie that's awful, don't know how you put up with it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

In feeding and bottle and my supply is just fine there is plenty there for her

i just had to start nodding and agreeing today it was just easier, even when we were leaving she told me i was putting her coat on wrong, like how many ways is there to put on a coat haha, oh maybe i just can't handle her with my hormones or something.

I had the same with my mil when I had the first little man. She nearly drove me over the edge. She was in my face day and night. She can be so domineering. Don;t let her get under your skin like I did. Now I can tell OH she is a pain in the butt! It helps talking and not bottling it up x

• Advertisement

Im just breastfeeding too Oct i found when i wasn't eating enough baby wasn't too happy. She also won't go over 4 hrs without feeding. Its a good idea to go to the group to see what they say. Ten times is a lot to be on the boob over that length of time i wonder is she going through a growth spurt?

Oh October i hope they can help you at the support group that's alot to be on in such a short space of time

kin i do tell oh that his mother is driving me mental and i think she even annoyed him today too x

thought r was settled there earlier so we went to bed and as soon as i put her down she woke and she is more awake now then she is during the day haha

for those that are bottle feeding, what bottles are ye using? I have the Dr brown ones and i think the flow is a little fast for r and was wondering is there any bottles that flow slower?

Betsie I'm using the avent bottles aNd I got the number oNe newborn teets and find them perfect for the little man x

Thanks gee g i might give them a go i just feel myself that she is drinking a bit too quick x

You might even be able to get newborn slow flow for bottles you have. Cos I know all the avent ones come wit nuMber two teet as standard and I Had to chanGe them all!

Yeah ill have to look into it tomorrow gee g thanks :-)

Good night again, D slept from bout 9 til 3.30 again, then woke at 7.30 and daddy got up with him. :) if I could just get his last feed at night a little bit later it could be great for all of us :):)
    How's eVerybody today?

So jealous gee g had a bad night last night i think r slept for a total of 2hours i would say, im starting to wonder is it the formula not agreeing with her or something, i kinda don't know what to do,

looking for a bit of help girls regarding registering birth of baby and getting pps number. I filled out and form in hospital, yellow form, which i thought was registering the birth and I kind of presumed that would get ball rolling with getting birth cert and pps number etc. But then I never thought bout it properly sure You have to sign birth cert and all. So does that mean it won't get child benefit or anything Until I do all Of this? ? I'm confused!!!:(

So jealous gee g had a bad night last night i think r slept for a total of 2hours i would say, im starting to wonder is it the formula not agreeing with her or something, i kinda don't know what to do,
    In what way do you think it's not agreeing with her betsie? Is she windy or just unsettled?

• Advertisement

Yeah she just seems to not settle well, i don't know could just be me too :-(

Re registering her her i was given a form in the hospital and told to fill it in and bring it to my local health centre 10days after to register her x

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

Started breastfeeing myself, he's a little glutton :)

Got the tesco newborn nappies too.

@GeeG As soon as the birth certificate is signed the social welfare will be informed.

She could be just getting used to bottles? Or could be the famous 2 week growth spurt, nurse said they can be v unsettled.
    I got my form in hospital and they took it back n I was told no more and at the time I NeVer thought anything of it. Its only now my head is getting back To normal that all this is Dawning on Me :)
    How you finding tesco nappies belfast??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I find the tesco nappies are doing the job. I haven't tried other brands but read on here other brands were leaky.

Can't stop crying today. Got annoyed earlier and can't stop since. Delayed baby blues??

Yeah could be gee g i was like that on Thursday i cried all day couldn't stop x

Jesus its driving Me mad, I feel like a bloody mess, everytime I turn around I'm crying and all because oh is going out for few hours tonight and I don't fancy spending MORE time on my own!! I feel bad for feeling like this cos he's been great and working v hard while helping with D a lot but I'm crackin up being in house!

Oh i know that feeling being stuck inside, Im feeling like that too, oh has to go to work tomorrow just for the day for some training and every time i think of it i cry, i don't know how i will manage the baby and the dog,

You poor thing gee g. it can all get overwhelming .i know if i was still with the ex and he was heading out id be really upset . You should try and treat yourself to some me time to go to the hairdresser or something :-)
    Betsie i hope R is better today as gee g said it could be that two week growth spurt.
    Belfast im delighted the breastfeeding is going well for you :-) the tesco nappies are great , id never get huggies again the way they leak .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

It thought I'd poke my nose in, my wee man is probably similar age to yours, he'll be 4 wks on tues. I'm finding it easier to manage as compared to even a week ago and have been getting out bit by bit. Went for a walk with him 2 days in a row and I was chuffed.

Dying for him to sleep longer at night. It's between 2 and 3 hr stretches but he seems to stay up guzzling food and griping between 11pm and 2am with a 1/2hr nap in the middle so I can't even go to bed early.

I also feel a lot physically better as compared with a week or two ago.

Advertisement