Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Yeah it's very close alright. Wish weather would pick up a lot or bring on winter. ... I'm sick of this drizzly, pissy weather!
    Oh thought I was losing the plot the other night when I told him I'm looking forward to the winter Eve's with fire lit when it's cold outside :) then when it's cold and snowy I'm giving out ha ha. No keeping Me happy!
    How is Rachel today? Any more settled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

yeah she was ok today now thank god lets hope she will be the same tonight :-)

Ah great. Right, little man is being fed here by his daddy, gonna give him and bath and fingers crossed he goes for most of the night :) goodnight :) x

r had a good night last night can't complain at all, she woke twice for feed is all and settled straight back down again i would be happy with that :-)

Is she getting the bottles at night or how u Working it?
    We had a great night too, bath and in bed before 12 and he slept til 6!! Couldn't believe it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

BCG is not bad at all, it doesn't put them in bad form or anything. L just let out a tiny cry but that was more to do with the fact that we'd to take her arm out so she was cold. And they had a nurse to hold her in our health centre so we didn't even have to do that!

Yeah I'm hoping D will be the same, he only let out a little cry for heel prick and was then grand after a bit. Will still put off dinner tho as it's not really fair on my mam with him being so young. But she did say if he turned out to be in graNd form she'd miNd him for us to go for few drinks :) jesus I wouLdn't know what To do with a few drinks ha ha

r has last feed at night and 1st in the morning off me and she gets bottle then during the night so its not too bad x

god a few drinks would be great even if ye got out for am hour would be nice x

glad to hear the bcg is not too bad x

All Very quiet in here today :) hope everyone had a good day. I spent the afternoon down in my mams today and then We called up to my sister. was nice being out and about i have to say, getting used to driving with him in the car now which is good, that mirror that we got that faces him is a godsend!!
    How's all the other august babies today? :)
    Hope ye all had good weather today. Was lovely here x

Didn't know you could get mirrors that you can see them, where did you get it that's the one thing I don't like not being able to see them, sounds like you had a nice day gee g, I'm bringing Rachel down to waterford on Thursday looking forward to it :-)

Oh bought Me a new phone today I'm like a child trying to figure out how to use it haha

• Advertisement

I was exactly the same, oh got me a new one the day before I had Donnacha and it's probably only now I'm figuring it out or have the time to try and figure it out ha ha.
    A fRiend of mine got it for me as a present but I seen them in Halfords the other day Betsie. It goes onto the head rest Of back seat facing the car seat and I can see him clearly in my rear view mirror. It is a definite must have!!:)also got him his winnie the pooh visers the other day in halfords so he's all pimped out :)
    that will be a nice day out for ye, is your oh going with you or a girls day out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Hi everyone! hope ye are well :)
    my god it is warm tonight! I'm glad the BCG isnt that bad, im dreading it!!!!!!!
    when I got mine done as a baby the nurse went too far in, left a terrible scar and I still get a little ache there from time to time:(
    Baby C is doing really well, I got loads of photos printed out yesterday and they are just fantastic:D
    Im still undecided about whether to get professional ones done although the ones ive got are gorgeous :)
    I dont know if its just the heat or hormones but im feeling kind of anxious and jittery lately :(

If the photos you have are nice there is probably no need if you didn't wanna. Sure you could always get some of them bloWn up or something x. Feeling like that could be just now because everything has calmed down and it's back to normality. I kind of understand x
    Yeah it is very warm alright.

ya that is true some of them would be really nice blown up :-) I think its lack of sleep too gee g. and the stress of the past few weeks finally hitting me :-( im also still getting headaches every evening might be a bit dehydrated .
    how's the kidney infection?

Oh must have a look out for one of them mirrors would be so handy, oh is coming too on Thursday

I find the heat unreal the last few days its killing Me I used to like the heat before I was pregnant now I can't handle it,

I must start printing out some pictures too before I have too many haha,

Pushki did you organise the christening today?

Ah its so so pushkii. I just want to be done with it all now. I've taken enough tablets in last three weeks to do me a lifetime.
    Also with the tiredness myself and oh were saying Today neither of us have an appetite. Even going to supermarket to get something for dinner I don't want anything theRe! I only eat because I know I have to and I usually love my food(too much ha ha)
    Try drink lots of water. I'd say you need lots wit bf'ing too pushkii. I also give D water now during the day, just a few mouthfuls at a time. Phn says it is great aNd helps with wind etc.

i know betsie the heat is harder to deal with now we are so busy with our babies :-) I went to the meeting about the christening there's a lot to it really, it was nice though learning about it. just have to pick a date and start organising for it :-) The cold boiled water is meant to be great alright gee g. i really must start drinking more water. ugh just cant wait for winter to come !

I hear you with the tablets I finished my 2antibiotics today so delighted, won't be stopping pain killers any time soon though :-(

I must try organise a meeting too about christening,

What Iwouldn't give for a good nights sleep, don't get me wrong I love R so so much but I didn't have a full nights sleep since about 5months, now can't complain too much she kinda sleeps 3 or 3.5 hours together most nights,

What's this about water? Didn't know could give them water? Would you give it as a feed or between feeds? Sorry for all the questions :-)

I would give the water whenever I feel he needs it. Like if he has wind n not getting it up or sometimes he Takes a break in middle of his bottle and I'd give it then. He has a little bottle full of cooled boiled Water that i just give him few mouthfuls every now n then :)

Oh go away never heard of that, I must try it tomorrow won't do any harm anyway :-)

• Advertisement

I haven't given c any water. don't know if breastfed babies need it ? i know exactly what you are saying betsie about the sleep. i haven't had more than 4 hrs together since c was born :-( i think it isn't the idea of not getting enough its not knowing when we will be waking up. and its impossible to sleep during the day isn't it?

You don't hav to giVe it to either bottLe Or breastfed pushki, its just if you want to. I lik to anyway, especially in this warm weather too x
    I don't think You sleep properly in those few hours anyway when they are asleep as you're always sleeping light listening out for them!

ya that is true gee g. She is so bad to sleep in the basket. she only settles in the bed with me now, she has such bad habits. already :-( I keep saying its not spoiling her as she's only still a tiny baby !! i might the water with her tomorrow since the weather is so warm .

No don't sleep properly at all when she is asleep, even when its oh turn to feed r I have to wake him up coz he doesn't hear her but 1st sound and im awake x

R just settled now lets see how long we get tonight :-)

Had the public health nurse out today r is now 7lb 3oz :-)

D slept from 9 Last night Until 3 and then Woke just there now. Not bad if I could get that last feed a bit later :)
    hope everyone else had good nights x

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

My water broke during the night, just waiting for baby to arrive. Only niggly pains at the moment. Hope I don't have to wait too long.

Ah excited that is brilliant news, hope everything goes well for you x x x

Gee g that was great, r wasn't bad either last night settled at 12 wokeat 4,30 was awake till 6 couldn't settle her and just awake now

Aw excited, fantastic news :) best of luck to you, keep us posted :)
    R had a good nights sleep too so x
    I couldn't wake up this morn at 7.30 when he woke, couldn't open my eyes! I think I need to start having naps when he does x

Oh I know that feeling :-) maybe we should listen to other when they tell us to sleep when they sleep haha x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Hi Girls,

Had a dreadful day yesterday. Had a really sore boob Monday night. I didn't pay too much attention to it thinking it would be better in the morning. Woke yesterday morning feeling like I was getting the flu. I was freezing cold and it was beautiful here yesterday. I was in terrible pain all day and then I noticed red streaks on my boob. Phoned the PHN and she asked me a few questions and sent me straight to the GP. I have mastitis! MOO. I am on antibiotics and painkillers. I have to stay feeding very painful but the good old diphene are starting to do the trick! Even my wound was aching yesterday, I felt dreadful.

We booked the christening this morning for the October bank holiday.

Looking forward to hearing your news Excited!

Advertisement