Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Ah kin you poor thing, that is the one thing that I really hope I don't get :-( hope you feel better soon x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Excited that is fantastic news :-) will be looking forward to hearing your news!!

Kiniori you poor thing that is awful i hope you start to feel better soon xx of all things to get :-(

we had a pretty unsettled night. C didn't settle til after 3 she was really hungry and wouldn't stop feeding.then i think she got overtired :-( we didn't get up until two so its not too bad.

There is nothing worse then when they are really hungry and unsettled, sounds like yehad a good sleep after that though :-)

actually this sleeping in late is becoming a bit of a habit its getting later every day!!

Oh go away would love to sleep in just once haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Yay more baby news good luck Excited.

Have the christening booked for November 17th might tell the MIL it's November 18th hee hee the wagon it would serve her right!

Was reading that babies don't start to form habits until they are 4 months, so you can't spoil the just yet by having them in the bed! I do it myself sometimes, not too often but I'd say when you're BFing it's handier. I just do it to settle her (ie cos I want some sleep!!). When they're this small they just want to be close to their mammies, what harm. They won't be small for long.

Haha if I thought I youad get away with it I would nearly do that with the mil haha brilliant. :-)

R has been very unsettled today only sleeping for kinda half hour at a time awake in between and very wingy too all day, I'm exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Ooo best of luck excited!! Will this be the last of the august babies?

Ah kiniori you poor pet, I've heard mastitis is meant to be agony. Take it easy xxx

All this talk of christenings I really must get organised! I did put H's name down for primary and secondary school this week though. It seems insane putting her down for secondary school in 2025 when shes only 3 weeks old but there's such high demand for places in our local school that you really have to have their name down asap.

On another note, does anyone else get night sweats since having their baby? It keeps happening to me and is so annoying its driving me mad

oh my god October i thought it was just me!! i think im going through the menopause between hot flushed and night sweats and day sweats. im hoping its just the hormones!
    Ya SSFG bringing them into the beds so handy with the bf. i can feed her away and sleep at the same time :-D its good to know that they don't form habits until 4 mths though.
    That's madness about the schools isn't it October , it might not be a bad idea to do it though the way this country is headed!!
    Has anyone looked at their stitches yet? i looked down there today and i was pretty shocked !:O

Oh and I thought it was just me too, glad to hear its not, I even said it to oh the other night u.au I thought it was menopause :-) he just told me I was crazy,

Pushki I couldn't even think about looking down there, I have stitches front and back and inside I don't think ill ever look at them haha x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Kin you poor thing, hope the tablets are helping You. Xx
    ok so really going to have to think about the christening soon, even just To narrow down a few dates!
    Funny u should say that pushkii ,I tRied checking out down there yesterday but couldn't get a right look wit the way the light was so I then chickened out! After having a baby and stitches etc You Would wonder how women go back for their 6 week check Ups and find out they are pregnant again!!!! Fair play to them is all I say!

ha ha you're better off too betsie :-) i didn't even want to know anything about the stitches i got :-P How do some people. get away with no stitches? not fair :-(

Does anyone know of nice online places to buy christening dresses? are the long gowns back in fashion again?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Oh my GOD schools already?!! :eek: Where do you live that it's that busy October?!! You're scaring me now! I thought my sister was jumping the gun putting her 2.5 year old down for primary school, jaysus.

I'd honest to God chance that with MIL if I thought I'd get away with it, she was in here on Sunday giving out because L was asleep and according to her, L is 'always asleep', like for f sake that's what babies do, they thrive when they sleep ya mad bat.

Try Guiney's for christening gowns pushkii? Or even chance looking online.
    Haven't looked at the stitches will be a while before I do...

Oh I don't know how anyone could get pregnant so quick, I had a friend over a few days ago who had a big baby and no stitches, I had a small ish baby and loads of stitches, its just not fair haha :-)

Don't know where you would look for a christening gown pushki, maybe a small baby shop too, try eBay?

I live in Dublin SSFG, the competition is mad where I am especially since the secondary school takes in much less students per year than the primary.

Oh my god I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the night sweats!! OH thought I was crazy and was checking my temperature :P must be the hormones!

Yeah I checked out my stitches just after I got home from hosp...not a pretty picture! Although I looked at em recently and its looking much better. Will still never be the same though, like betsie I had em front nd back :-/

That's mad about the schools October, jesus You'd wanna be Well organised!!
    Yeah I'm the same as Ye with all the stitches. Although really feeling good down there last few days. Not much pain left in them!

Yeah it was only in the last few days that I've started to feel somewhat back to normal. Despite that though even the thought of having sex has me feeling nervous, dont know how some women end up pregnant so quick after! What form of contraception are you all planning on using now? I'm gonna get the mirena coil since the pill failed me and is what has me here :P wouldn't change a thing though!

Yeah I'm the same Nervous at the thought of it but from what I'Ve read about it if You've had no infection in them they shouLd be fully healed at 6 or 7 weeks after.if only tHeRe was some sort of an alarm to go off to Tell ya they are good to go!. I am going to go back on the pill as soon as I get my monthlys.

Morning girls, just after registering Rachel and got her birth cert big day :-)

Hope everyone is well, had an ok night last night, on way down home to Waterford with her now her 1st trip down, nice lo get out of the house for k few hours :-)

The thoughts of sex again scares me too girls, how do you know everything is good to go :-) haven't thought much about contraception again prob go on the pill again, can't have a bump for April haha x

Ah great Betsie, nice way to sTart off Yer day out :) I'm still waiting on some form in the Post, then I have2 go in To register him. Does R like travelling in the car? My little man gets a bit unsettled after long ish journeys! He also looks so uncomfortable in his car seat, all squished :(

• Advertisement

She doesn't like being put into the car seat but once the car gets going she is fine she has slept the whole way down to Waterford now its great :-)

My form of contraception is staying away from men 100% effective lol!! :-) The public health nurse came today C is now 8lb8oz said she is really thriving :-) im so proud of her!! we got her registered last week and today she got her first letter in the post!!
    C loves the car she does look all squashed in it but she always sleeps!

Ha ha, good woman pushkii! You couLd be as Well off :)
    Yeah they do look so squashed in them, it'll be great when hes a bit bigger to be bit more sturdy in the seats! God she really is thriving, what was her birth weight again?

6 lb 12 gee g. i know she's flying it she's a right guzzler!! im going to start expressing a little every day too so ill be able to go to the hairdresser and stuff next week. Actually i gave her a bit of water last night after getting the bottle through a clamped mouth she took some!! I couldn't believe the amount of wind she had after it! i used the tommee tippee bottle might try the Dr brown one next time.

God she is flying it pushki fine size she is :-) is the water that good god I really must give it a go later on x

My mother has taken r off walking she is showing her off to everyone and I'm only in the way haha, I should of brought my pjs with me and went lo bed haha

Yeah the water is great.
    That's so nice Betsie. My mother is the same, the day we went shopping i never got to push the buggy at all :):)

Ah stop she was over the moon off with her haha, all her friends were in to see her today too the second I was in the door she was on the phone telling people she was here haha x

ha ha my mothers the same proud as punch!! Gave C another small bit of water it is so weird feeding her the bottle she grabbed it straight away with her little hands!! do any of ye're babies have little pimples on their faces?

Yes! I actually meant to ask ye this before, D had them and they went aWay now he has just a few. I just cleaned them with cotton wool and water and avoided his cheeks with his moisturiser and they cleared up great but they look so sore when they are crying or upset don't they. Poor things:(

• Advertisement

Yeah r has had a few of them too, I just cleaned with cool boiled water and they were grand,

R just slept from 11.00 till 4.30 if only she done that every night be great haha x

Advertisement