Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ah great betsie. You'l be like a new woman today :)
    When's your oh back to Work?
    Bcg this morn :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Oh back to work Monday x

Can't believe Rachel is 2weeks old today.

Good luck with the bcg x x

Well the bcg went fine, he didn't really cry just a little whimper but there was a nurse and a doctor and nurse told me to sit down and she took him over and held him which was good but once the actual injection was finished there wasn't a peep out of him, think he was more pissed off cos he was woken up :) so please god he will be ok now.
    How is everyone today? It has turned into beautiful day here x

Glad the bcg went ok I got my appointment for Rachels today its on the 20th,

Its a nice day here too today, we went and done some food shopping and went for k walk around the town, its nice to be out x

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

That's good gee g that the bcg went well little D is a tough nut :-D
    C had a bad night again, didn't settle til 3:30 i think she was over tired again :-(

• Advertisement

D's appointment was very early, its usually not til closer to the 6 week mark. They would not give me calpol in chemist for him just to have for later incase he gets Temp until I check with doctor. So sent oh to different chemist n if he does get temp or anything later will ring doctor on call.
    ye it is lovely to be out aNd about, even tho you get tired after it, You feel great!

Oh I'm exhausted after being out but it just feels great getting out,

Pushki sorry to hear c had a bad night again last night, hope it sorts itself out soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Pushkii I hear ya, H was the same last night nothing would settle her. Had an awful day today too, she was very unsettled and I'm feeling a bit unwell myself. I'm on 2 antibiotics at the mo and I think they're just making me feel a bit bleugh. I hope she sleeps tonight cos we've to be up early for a funeral. We could miss it if we had to but I'd like to go and pay my respects.
    I've noticed in the last few days that H gets really distressed and upset just before she has a bowel motion. She didnt used to do this before. Anyone elses baby do this? There isnt much I seem to be able to do to help her other than comfort her til it passes. Any tips?

I know I always sound like one that's obsessed when I find something that works but have you tried giving some water October?

I just gave r some water she just drank an oz. But I could see the relief in her face straight away x

• Advertisement

The reason I started it first was because D wasn't doing regular enough dirty nappies, works a treat. And also the wind.
    How is she today after the road trip yest?

Yeah it used to lake ages to get her wind up and was more or less instant after the water,

She seems grand after the road trip anyway thank god haha x

Ah good. Its good she doesn't mind travelling x
    I am here making a lovely steak dinner for oh's birthday seen as we had to postpone our dinner out til next week. Bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge :):)

Oh enjoy it gee g enjoy every drop of it :-)

Happy birthday Mr gee g :-)

I hadn't given her water before, must give it a try. How much do you give and how often?

Ooo that sounds nice GeeG! I've started to build up a bit of a store of expressed milk so once I'm finished the antibiotics I'm going to treat myself to a nice glass of bubbly! :-) I'm counting down the days haha

I put 3oz into the bottle and left it cool down, she only drank an oz but she got her wind up straight away and had a dirty nappy after it too, will bring another one up to bed tonigt too to see again x

id say the water should help October. I really must start expressing milk, i keep worring that if i do express C will be hungry. Enjoy the chambers gee g you deserve every last stop of it :-Di had a small nap this afternoon feel great after it :-)

Aw girls, we had a beautiful dinner and I had a few glasses of bubbly and just chilling watching TV now. Its nice to just sit down and talk about random **** while D was asleep, rather than flying around doing bottles or hanging up clothes etc as soon as he comes in. I did enjoy every drop I have to say, well worth the wait :):)

Ah gee g sounds like ye had a wonderful night that's great, important to lake time out too x

Pushki glad you enjoyed your nap today, I hope c sleeps better for you tonight x x

Aw gee g sounds like a lovely night :-) i expressed a bit of milk i hope it doesn't upset C for the night .what i wouldn't give for 8 hrs !

• Advertisement

Think D has a temperature! :(:( am keeping an eye here on poor divil

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Keepon

This is a really beautiful thread. Congratulations to all ladies, their partners and their precious babies.

oh no gee g is he unwell in himself too? the poor crater :-(

thanks keepon!!

Thanks keepon :-)

How is D now gee g? The poor thing hope he is ok x

R having an off night waking every 1.5 hours crying and taking ages to settle in between x

Had to bring him to doctor on call, he was ok just very unsettled and very hot.but by time We got there all had settled, he was fine then,checked out by doctor and came home. Didn't sleep well at all but just gone down after big bottle and drop of calpol so finGers crossed he's back to himself after good sleep x

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

My little dotie has been unsettled the past few days too. There must be something in the air with the August babies :)

The antibiotics seem to be doing the trick and all I can say is God Bless whoever invented diphene! (again) F seems to be fussing when I feed her from the sore boob, it's like its too slow for her or something. I have to persist because I need to empty it :/ I have decided I am going to put her on bottles when this clears up.

My mil is driving me crazy. I was having a little cry, well an all out breakdown the other day and who appers looking in the window :0 Now I have postnatal depression according to her. I'm sure she has half the town told. I am getting 4-5 phone calls from her every day since. I am going to crack lol. I actually have to laugh because I can see straight through her, she would love if I was depressed. I can safely say I am not thankfully. I was in agony and so tired, we all need a cry or a wail from time to time.

G Gee your night sounds fab, going to treat myself to a glass of Rose when I stop the breastfeeding. Might push the boat out and have the bottle. Think I deserve it!

Enjoy the weekend everyone. x

Ah gee g the poor little thing hope he is ok today x

Kin I have to laugh, all our mil seem lo be the same :-) thank god mine wasn't near Me yesterday I had a bad day, r was very unsettled and wouldn't sleep and I was exhausted and just needed k good cry I'm fine today though x

GeeG glad everything is ok with D now, that must have been scary :-(

Well. I have had an eventful morning. God bless tesco is all I'll say! We were at the funeral and I decided to come back to the car with H as it was a 20 min walk to the graveyard for the burial and I didnt think she would last without a feed as she was due one. Right on que as we get back to the car she wakes for her feed. Grand I said, I'll sit in the back seat and feed her. Just about to get the boob out when theres an explosion in her nappy! I thought it was fine til I started feeling wet all up her back, she had pooed all over us both!! I couldnt change her on the back seat as the car seat was on one side and then a car was parked close on the other side so I couldnt open the door wide enough to lay her on the seat and stand at the door and change her.
    Decided to run up to tesco up the road on the off chance they had baby changing facilities which they did thank the lord!!! I was lucky I had a spare set of clothes for H in the changing bag! Most of the ooo missed me as I had a muslin cloth under her luckily. Got her changed anyway which she roared through as she was hungry, back to the car where I got her fed. The feed was just over when low and behold the exact same feckin thing happened AGAIN!!!!!! Back to tesco with a poopy baby but no change of clothes this time so I had to queue up and buy some all the while she screamed and screamed.... I swear pampers are getting a very strongly worded letter from me! Jeez I need a glass of wine...no screw that I need the whole feckin bottle!!!

Oh October I would not know what to do if that happened I would of prob just went home you poor thing x x

• Advertisement

I know I probably would have betsie but it was about an hour away from home! Laughing about it now but I must have looked like a mad woman at the time! I swear its the pampers I just find em awful, went mad at oh when he got back cos he had bought em instead of the tesco ones ha. Ah well at least I know in future to have at least 2 changes of clothes in the bag!

Advertisement