Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

And a change for yourself too haha :-) I must try the Tesco nappies they good yeah, I got presents of a load of Pampers so using them up, they are **** though x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

That is gas october.... gave me a bit of a giggle I have to say :):)
    Well D seems to be back to himself now, little bit whiney but ok thank god. Me aNd oh are walking round like zombies here!
    Take my advice girls and get a bottle of calpol when ye are going for bcgs, yer little one's will be older than D was getting his. That's the only reason we had to go in to doctor on call as they wouldn't tell me over phoNe if he could take it, was only in and out in like ten mins and doctor said
    "absolutely give him calpol!sure what are you going to do. Leave him until his temp gets so high he convulses!" So the little syringe from eumom bag is very handy :)

I must get a bottle of calpol so just to have no harm in it I suppose x what age can you start giving it to them at

Its meant Tobe two months Betsie but the doctor last night said its fine. Now the dose I gave was only 1.25mls which is tiny but it did the job. But sure check with gp.xx
    x factor tonight :) wahoo! Such a sad life i lead :)
    Think I'm going to have to buy a few more babygro's, he seems to be growing into them so quickly!!

Well as long as it done the job that's all that matters :-)

I can't wait for x factor tonigt either haha, getting a take away and I might even have a glass of wine with it :-)

• Advertisement

Ah ya should yeah, treat yourself. Take advantage while your oh is off work and can do a feed for you tonight :) has your little lady settled on the bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Oh Oct sounds like you deserve a glass of wine after that ordeal!! pampers need a good kick up the ass !
    Kinori. your tormented by the mil and fair play to you to for keeping up the bf with the mastitis and all , hope you feel better soon :-)
    gee g i really have to go shopping for baby gros soon or else C will be living in her nappies!!
    C had another bad night last night didn't settle until 6am, she was overtime again although we didn't get up til 4pm today :-)

Are any of ye using soothers? i gave her one for a while last night as she just seemed to want to be on the book for comfort

Ah i cant wait for the x factor too!! im feeling a bit sorry for myself as im missing a birthday and a get together tonight so im going to treat myself to pizza and express some milk, oh the joys!!

Ah pushki you must be wreaked are you, can't be easy on your own x relax now and enjoy your pizza and the x factor,

Just finished a take away and a big mug of tea now easy please me haha, I'm so tired though I would nearly go to bed haha x

Yeah Rachel has settled on the bottles I had to get slower tits for them and she is better since, I'm a bit sad though I was giving her the 1st feed and the last feed of the day myself but there is just not enough milk there for her :-( I used to enjoy the cuddles but as long as she is getting what she needs that's all that matters x

Ya betsie im kinda finding it tough now all the excitement is gone and its just me and C, i really hope she settles tonight.
    Fair play to you for keeping the breastfeeding up so long you gave her a great start.
    Cant believe C is a month old today x

Yes pushkii D has had a soother since day one. Its not that he really even sucks it when he's asleep but it is just a comfort thing. Just sitting down to watch x factor now, gotta love sky plus!!:)
    So are you finished feeding her yourself altogether now betsie or do you give it when you have it or how does it work? :) sorry, bit clueless when it comes to bf x

• Advertisement

no i stopped since yesterday, just not enough there for her to get a good feed, i had to give her a bottle more or less straight after feeding so not worth it :(

pushki i cant believe c is a month old where has the time gone at all, r was 2 weeks yesterday, i cant remember what it is like not having her here though, was saying it to oh today that it seems much longer then 2 weeks, tbh im not looking forward to him going back to work on monday, i have gotten used to him being here to help me, but sure have to get back to normal at some stage x

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Haha yeah I should def pack a change of clothes for myself betsie!

We tried the soother but H just wasn't interested and kept spitting it out!

I know it's probably upsetting for you finishing betsie but on the bright Side she might get into a better sleep routine for you if she Takes a good bottle each feed x x more sleep for her, more sleep for mammy :):)
    Imagine she is a month already pushkii the pet. Agree about it feeling like it was never any different. :) pushki do you live with your parents? I know, it is hard when things calm down and back to normal x
    I went back to sTart of this thread one of the days and read the first few pages of it, it really seems like a lifetime ago :)

Yeah lets hope so anyway,
    It is upsetting but I prefer her to get a good feed instead

I would love to be able to print off this thread and keep it, it does seem like a long time ago that it was started though x

I know i really don't know what i did with my time before. ya gee g i live with them so im lucky. that's funny October C doesn't really like it either, i really hope she settles tonight she seems to know when i put her down and wakes straight away. She's really sensitive to light and sound too :-( She's just too clever for mummy!
    Id love to print this thread too, if i ever get the chance :-)

R woke at 12.30 for a feed tonight and she is still awake no sign of sleep on her at all,

At least you have your parents pushki, did c settle tonight for you x

That's great You are with your parents, are They mad to help with their first grandchild?:) even for stuff lik going for a shower its great You have them. I am ringing my mother constantly to come up so I can fly into shop or something!
    D only woke at 4.30 from 10 Last night and still asleep!!! Oh fed him so it was great! Hope your little ladies settled for ye girls and ye got some Well deserved sleep x x

wow gee g that was some sleep!!! ya its great having the help here i don't know how id have managed otherwise.
    C had a good night thank god, went to sleep at about 1 slept til half four back to sleep at half 5 and woke there at half 8.
    she peeed all over the bed though !!

My god gee g that's some sleep wow, r finally went back asleep and woke at half 7 and is awake since and she is cranky but she is just exhausted is all that's wrong with her x

Pushkii the help at home is great isnt it, although I try not to avail of it too often cos I feel guilty like I'm imposing or something, even though they've made it clear they're delighted to help. When I'm showing off H people always make comments along the lines of oh isnt it well for you living at home with everyone to look after the baby and wait on you hand and foot etc. Em no thats not how it is! I do all the looking after H, I think my mam has changed her nappy twice! And I try to do as much as I can around the house once H is down. I know most people don't mean the comments to be malicious but they make me feel awful sometimes :-( maybe I'm just being hormonal and oversensitive!

Anyways, everyone having a nice weekend? Apart from our little incident with pampers yesterday we're doing well. We're going for dinner this evening in the pub where I work to show H off, looking forward to it and to seeing everyone :-)

• Advertisement

Enjoy your dinner October be nice to show h off :-) r is just so unsettled today she has only slept a total of 1 hour since 7.30 this morning I'm exhausted :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hi Ladies, I havent been on in ages, not since you had your little one betsie, huge congrats to you, I just dont know where the time goes, its busy busy busy and tiredness is really hitting hard now, and emotions are surfacing too but maybe im just overtired, J is great, a hungry little man, so keeps me on my toes, i havent caught up on all the posts yet, a print out would be good!!! hope ye and all yer little bundles are well. xxxx

Rose great to hear from you, its a busy busy time alright isn't it :-) what I wouldn't give for 8hrs sleep haha x

Aw betsie I'd say you are wrecked! Did she settle any better since? At least you can have lazy day tomorrow when your oh goes to work :)
    October I hope you enjoyed your dinner out x
    We had a nice day out and about, went over to the in laws, did our visiting there and then friends of ours their child's birthday party was on and all our friends there so spent the evening there. Am shattered now ha ha. So hard to get used to not being a hermit anymore :):)

She slept for 2hours these about 6 and awake since going lo head to bed now and see will she settle, I'm exhausted, really hope she sleeps a bit tonight

Gee g sounds like you had a nice day, its nice to be able to go out and about again isn't it x

Ah the poor pet, I wonder why she is not settling for you. Any idea yourself? D is a bit constipated and was in a bit of pain earlier today, if he hasn't had dirty nappy by tomorrow eve I might have2 get him and suppository.
    Yeah it is great getting out and about alright. And it's nice showing him off too :):)

Rose great to hear from you sounds like J is thriving x
    October i know what you mean about the living at home, sometimes people can be so insensitive.
    Betsie did you and R get any sleep?
    Myself and C went to dunnes today, it was my first time using the travel system and my god is it a nightmare its so heavy and bulky :-( she looked so cute though all dressed up though even if it was to the shops i was so proud showing her off cant wait to do it again

Yeah she slept from 10.30 till 1.30 just feeding her now, don't know what was wrong with her, she wasn't cross or anything just wouldn't settle

Hope R settled eventually for you betsie x
    What travel system do you have pushkii? Yeah I find it can take a while to get used to manouvering it, I always misjudged how wide the wheels are and bang it off things!
    H slept from 12.30-7 last night :-) shes been going mad feeding since she woke though, she must be starving!
    Agree with you all on printing the thread, must go back and read through it someday, if I ever get the time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi everyone,

Haven't had a chance to read the posts over the last few days to see how everyone is keeping.

I had a baby boy friday :) he's just so perfect.

Emergency section.

Will fill you all in when I get home from hos

Advertisement