Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas

Options
  • 19-12-2011 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to wish everyone here a happy christmas. It can be a really hard time of year, but I suppose it gives people a chance to remember people they have lost. I just got a christmas card in the door addressed to my Mam and it kind of shook me, its the first time in a while that I've really really missed her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Hugs to you. I know when those things happen it can jog all sorts of memories into motion.My ex died just before Christmas a couple of years ago. Christmas brings a mixed bag of emotion, but we move forward. Merry Christmas to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Likewise,my closest friend passed away early this year,my only uncle 2 and a bit years ago. Both were major figures in my life,I was with my friend almost every Christmas Eve,except last year when it was too cold to go out,I haven't missed him as badly as most people expected but I am thinking of him now. Miss you Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

The SVP have little tree's in Dundrum that you can hang a little message on for a donation. Wrote a nice long note to my Father and hung it up- made me smile for the day. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

MY mam passed in September. I am just not feeling xmas at all this year. I am dreading the stupid generic happy xmas texts from people who wouldn't give a second thought to actually remember what you just went through only 4 months ago.

Hopefully next year will be better.

Happy xmas all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

battser wrote: »
    MY mam passed in September. I am just not feeling xmas at all this year. I am dreading the stupid generic happy xmas texts from people who wouldn't give a second thought to actually remember what you just went through only 4 months ago.

Hopefully next year will be better.

Happy xmas all.

I know how you feel, my mam died in August, and tbh in my house we're kind of ignoring christmas this year. I've found it quite tough with all the cards and well wishers. Just take it one day at a time. Happy Christmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement