Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows sat nav software

Options
  • 19-12-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows any good sat nav software for windows phone 7 and how it compares to ordinary sat navs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I'm using Navigon and find it great. I used it for driving around Alicante in Spain recently and it took me where ever I needed to go witout any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

+1 on the navigon software. They just updated it with a map manager too so you don't have to download all of the EU maps at once to your phone; saves a few GBs of space.

It has all the usual dedicated GPS features but also premium ones like Augmented Rality, Google POI search, Live Traffic updates (which works for Ireland fantastically, by the way) etc. Couldn't recommend it more. It's on sale at the moment.

There are some other GPS apps on the Marketplace but more often than not they require online routing or there are some fairly important features missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

cool thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I've been trying out the free Navigation software thats comes with the Nokia Lumia 800 (Nokia Drive) and it's a lot better than Navigon at finding your location. I just put the first line of an address in and it finds no problem, no need for post codes :D

It needs to add if a few other features, like favourites.

Advertisement