Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website dedicated to your prefferences and local Gigs

Options
  • 19-12-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of some website that will alert you via email or RSS based on your preferences or recommended based on the bands you have picked gigs in Ireland.

I never find out when some of my fav bands are coming to Ireland until they have practically sold out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

last.fm does exactly what you are looking for though the events are added by users so it isn't definitive. Ticketmaster has the functionality built in but it doesn't always mail you about it before the tickets go on sale. A combination of the both will get you a fairly good hit rate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You could try signing up to Songkick (http://www.songkick.com). It connects with Last.fm and alerts you when one of your favourite acts is playing in your area. I always seem to find out a day or so before I get one of their emails but it's nice to have anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

twitter is still the best resource out there, follow the bands you like and the promoters and you shouldn't miss out. Both last fm and song kick are decent but there'll always behind twitter

Advertisement