Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering in Waterford

Options
  • 19-12-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

Hi

My brother has been out of work a while now and he was hoping to maybe do some volunteering work.

He unfortunately does not drive so can't do meals on wheels, etc unless as a helper with someone who does drive.

Does anyone know anywhere that would be looking for volunteers?

I didn't really know where to begin looking so said I would ask here

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

There was a thread here not to long ago (within the last year) about someone looking for the same thing IIRC.

Ah here it is:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056386106&highlight=volunteers

That should give ya a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I recently started volunteering with Waterford Marine Search & Rescuse if he was into it? Afaik they are looking for more volunteers in January.It involves training 1-2 times a week and patroling the quays any saturday night your free.Very handy to have and also a lot of courses and training which is very beneficial for the cv.If he's interested let me know and I can pm a number for him to get in touch with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

ziedth wrote: »
    There was a thread here not to long ago (within the last year) about someone looking for the same thing IIRC.

Ah here it is:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056386106&highlight=volunteers

That should give ya a good start.

Cheers for that. Got a couple of contact numbers out of it
    Elbows22 wrote: »
    I recently started volunteering with Waterford Marine Search & Rescuse if he was into it? Afaik they are looking for more volunteers in January.It involves training 1-2 times a week and patroling the quays any saturday night your free.Very handy to have and also a lot of courses and training which is very beneficial for the cv.If he's interested let me know and I can pm a number for him to get in touch with.

Thanks for that but unfortunately I don't think it would be suitable for him as he doesn't drive and would be relying on a bus service during the day for transport.

Ideally he would be suited to giving someone a hand doing gardening (wrong time of year I know) or general maintenance. He would be great at helping out with stuff like that.

Advertisement