Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the sales starting ?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey all.
    Merry Cheistmas all

Heard the January sales will be starting earlier this year- wondering does anyone know when??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A lot of places will be open again Stephens day (unfortunately for their staff!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

And all that most of them are going to be selling is dusty shìte with the punt price covered over with a euro sticker. Cannot get over some of the same things that you can see over and over again every year in some of the shops. It didn't sell for the last five January sales, give up on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Saw a photo in the Examiner on Sat of Welch Sports shop front, up to 60 % off .. They are in sale already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

a lot of the big stores are in sale now and have been for a few weeks. everyone else will start from 26th/27th depending on when they open, and those who have a sale on now will have further reductions too

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Yeah I noticed yesterday that a lot of the shops have sales on in them - electrical stores and clothes shops especially (have to get rid of the Christmas gear I suppose).

It's funny noticing all the shops that have gear 'n stuff to help against ice and snow....they must be disappointed they can't offload that stock!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

SeaFields wrote: »
    A lot of places will be open again Stephens day (unfortunately for their staff!)

I wouldn't feel too sorry

Last year with it falling on a Sunday, I'd a friend come out with €210 for a single 8 hour day

€10.50 x 8 = €84 - + double time of €84 - + Sunday Premium €42

At least we haven't gone he way of some people in the UK

Every year on Sky News they interview people who've queued outside the likes of the Trafford Centre from like 10pm on Christmas Day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Last year with it falling on a Sunday, I'd a friend come out with €210 for a single 8 hour day

Jaysus, nothing wrong with that. I work in retail tho and if I had to work it would be time and a half. Not worth it for Stephens day working imo but it may suit others.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

€10.50 x 8 = €84 - + double time of €84 - + Sunday Premium €42

I doubt the pay is that good in all places. €10.50 is very good for retail.
    I see that next are open at 6 in the morning on Boxing day. That must mean that they're staff are in at 5.30 am at the latest meaning an early night on Christmas Day. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cojones

Here's a list of when the January sales start...or have started in some cases! http://www.whatshewears.ie/january-sales/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Would laptops go down a lot in the sales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement