Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad luck buying a watch as a gift?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

As the title says.... Is it bad luck to buy a watch as a gift?
    I was going to buy my boyfriend a watch for Christmas but now my friend has put me off saying it's bad luck to buy your other half a watch as it puts time on your relationship :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭who what when

Its a load of rubbish. Buy him a watch if you think it would suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Not at all!! A watch is a lovely idea and a 'keeper' . If anything, interpret it as symbolic of all the future time you will have togther.. awwwwww... ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Yes, I think I'll just ignore the superstition and go ahead and buy him one! She was dead set on me not buying him one so she very nearly changed my mind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Not at all!! A watch is a lovely idea and a 'keeper' . If anything, interpret it as symbolic of all the future time you will have togther.. awwwwww... ;0)

Exactly Plek Trum, I am going to look at it as 'future time' we will spend together :D

Advertisement