Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phone in City Friday night. Help?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I lost a black Samsung phone in the City friday night whilst off my face doing the 12 pubs. I'm pretty desperate, as you can see. Can anyone help me? It may have been left in a taxi, but I tried ringing as many taxi companies as possible, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I know nothing. But why bring out an expensive phone like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rockerlkj

Samich wrote: »

It wasn't actually that expensive. It was only a Galaxy Ace. It cost only about 250. Even so, I'd like it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

do you not install any tracking apps which might allow to track it.

have you tried ringing it?

irishgeo wrote: »
    do you not install any tracking apps which might allow to track it.

have you tried ringing it?

No tracking apps unfortunately. I can ring it, but it just rings out and goes to voicemail. This is the only thing giving me confidence at the moment.

rockerlkj wrote: »
    No tracking apps unfortunately. I can ring it, but it just rings out and goes to voicemail. This is the only thing giving me confidence at the moment.

odd might be in a lost and found of pub that doesnt open till late. you tried ringing after 10 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Samich wrote: »

I don't have a "going out" phone and nobody else that I know does either. Also if this person lost their phone during the day would you still respond the same way, the exact time doesn't change the fact that the phone is lost.

irishgeo wrote: »
    odd might be in a lost and found of pub that doesnt open till late. you tried ringing after 10 pm

Yeah. Nothing then. I think it's in a taxi because I remember fishing for change while getting out. My phone could have easily gone with it.

Yeah. Nothing then. I think it's in a taxi because I remember fishing for change while getting out. My phone could have easily gone with it.

he might only work weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I lost a black Samsung phone in the City friday night whilst off my face doing the 12 pubs. I'm pretty desperate, as you can see. Can anyone help me? It may have been left in a taxi, but I tried ringing as many taxi companies as possible, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Try the garda station it might be handed in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Go to a service provider shop i.e. meteor and ask them to trace it via gps or imei. I'm nearly sure it can be done. I know it can be done on my gakaxy 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

get an iphone....gives you a bit of peace of mind knowing you can track and wipe it and send a message to it from any pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I don't have a "going out" phone and nobody else that I know does either. Also if this person lost their phone during the day would you still respond the same way, the exact time doesn't change the fact that the phone is lost.

He said he was off his face so the time does play a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's crap man, losing a phone is a major pita.
    Did you back up the contacts?

Check with the pubs.
    Check with the Gardai.
    Pray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Is it possible to use the https://market.android.com/ site and download an app which will be pushed onto your phone the next time its on? Then you could track the phone if its outdoors or connected to some wifi spots? I don't know which app - perhaps its not possible...

Next time install prey on your android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

padraig91 wrote: »
    get an iphone....gives you a bit of peace of mind knowing you can track and wipe it and send a message to it from any pc

OP check this link out: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/how_to_find_a_lost_or_stolen_android_phone_for_free.php

Let's leave the apple vs android "discussion" in Mobiles forum.

Plan B sounds great in that you can install it after the phone was lost, alas it only works in US.
    edit, or maybe not. Try this

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

I don't think sniipe was trying to start a flame war, just pointing out that other smartphones also live up to the name. Having lost my Galaxy I a few days ago all I can say is all the software in the world can't make up for minding your stuff. You have my sympathies OP, I bet you keep going to use it only to realise its gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

Sniipe wrote: »

well played android....although all smart phones should come with this software as standard if you were able to lock wipe and lock a phone people wouldnt bother stealing them if it was well known it was on all phones

Aye, I could handle my phone being stolen but not the contacts in it.
    I use Google contacts to back up to from my phone so will always have them in a safe place.

Just as a note to anyone reading this thread, if you haven't backed up your contacts or installed tracking software, do it today.
    Check the Android, iPhone and other phones forums for help if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Amen on Google Contacts, it's a life saver to be honest I only use it and have no contacts details on the sim/phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement