Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Security

Options
  • 19-12-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

I was in around town on Friday evening. I was helping the OH mind her niece, and we ended up eating in McDonalds. It was about 7 in the evening, and I noticed there was a 'bouncer' on the door. I didn't think much of it, only we went into Gino's later (about 8) for some ice-cream, and there was security there too.
    Is it common for there to be trouble at this time of a Friday? 2am outside Hillbillys is one thing, but I thought this is strange.

Anyone know what's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Strange alright. Maybe with the darker evenings people are drinking earlier and get hungry earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Or to do with the massive amount of scum prowling around looking for places to rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

maybe because of pickpockets or opportunists trying to take unattended bags?busy this time of year,rich pickings for them.that would be my guess anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The guy in McDonalds was just inside the door. There's no way he could spot someone pickpocketing up near the counter. The guy at Gino's was outside the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

its prob just because of xmas ****e like that happening.normally its quiet around 7,8 on a friday in my experience .plenty of junkies hanging around red square,prob to keep em out.never seen a bouncer at mcdonalds b4 have seen em at ginos though ,thats normal enough for there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I don't ever remember seeing security in McDonald's but Gino's have always had a guy on the door at weekends. This time of year everywhere has extra security. Even the €2 Shop on Michael St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Going by the thread title I thought this was going to be about growing your own food and peak oil ;)

The Book Centre has security and I haven't seen it there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i used do retail security and always at this time of year there is a higher security risk to shops than any other times for losses!! there is usually professional groups go out and rob to order, we used get tip offs of a gang from dublin that used come down two stunning girls and one fella who is highly trained in martial arts and were always told to watch out for him but never approach for our own safety!!!

Advertisement