Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no-longer-in-Belfast 24 hr 6/7 July 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

menoscemo wrote: »
    By the end I would barely say they are even walking, more like a zombie shuffle :p
    Total distance covered is the key, doesn't matter if you run, walk or crawl.

U travelling this year Meno??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

liamo123 wrote: »
    U travelling this year Meno??

Doubt it Liamo, It falls much earlier in the year this year and I don't get my Holidays until the end of July. Besides I have no-one to crew for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

As regards food intake my pal whose also running and had done alot more research that me into it reckons we'l need about 10 days food supply to keep us going for the 24 hrs ...Thats alot of grub :eek:

There's no way I can eat that much. That's just ludicrous (says the complete novice :rolleyes:)!

I cannot eat more than 400 calories per hour, and even if I managed to keep that going for 24 hours (very doubtful to say the least) that's still "only" 3 days of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Enduro

There's no way I can eat that much. That's just ludicrous (says the complete novice :rolleyes:)!

I cannot eat more than 400 calories per hour, and even if I managed to keep that going for 24 hours (very doubtful to say the least) that's still "only" 3 days of food.

And from a non-novice perspective, I agree! That's rubbish. Nutrition is a lot simpler than that. You should be running/walking the whole thing at fat-burn pace. No need to be constantly firing energy into yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Unexpectedly, I'm going :eek::D

RD asked me would I be running or helping this year. I told him that I would hate to miss it but I had something in Galway Friday night that I couldnt get out of . Recovering from injury, I have only managed run/walk to marathon distance but would love a go at the 12 hour to see how I am getting on so far, as long as I wouldnt be depriving someone fit of a place.

So he is putting me down for the 12 hour but for the second 12 hour as I wont make it up til the middle of the night. I will bring massage couch in case I dont make it too far and can help the rest of ye out with bodywork or laps etc

Anyone able to collect my number for me at registration?:)

• Advertisement

Unexpectedly, I'm going :eek::D

RD asked me would I be running or helping this year. I told him that I would hate to miss it but I had something in Galway Friday night that I couldnt get out of . Recovering from injury, I have only managed run/walk to marathon distance but would love a go at the 12 hour to see how I am getting on so far, as long as I wouldnt be depriving someone fit of a place.

So he is putting me down for the 12 hour but for the second 12 hour as I wont make it up til the middle of the night. I will bring massage couch in case I dont make it too far and can help the rest of ye out with bodywork or laps etc

Anyone able to collect my number for me at registration?:)

I'l get that for u no problem hot to trot ( Finn?)

Recovering from injury, I have only managed run/walk to marathon distance but would love a go at the 12 hour to see how I am getting on so far

And to think some people have the cheek to call ME a lunatic! :D

Great news, H2T. And if you can assess my running gait like you did with all your competitors 2 years ago in your race report and give me some pointers, all the better. :)

And to think some people have the cheek to call ME a lunatic! :D

Great news, H2T. And if you can assess my running gait like you did with all your competitors 2 years ago in your race report and give me some pointers, all the better. :)

I can hardly wait to meet the Great TFB:D I follow your logs and blogs with great interest and admiration.
    Will be great to meet you all .
    Great thing about timed races is that you are never far from the finish line and if you are slow or fast , you are still on your feet at the same effort level for the same time , so its less dreadful for back of pack runners :)

Thanks Liamo for that. Will PM you my mobile, and you can text me your tent pitch number.

http://www.athleticsni.org/News/Wonder-woman-takes-on-the-Men

this is looking more and more exciting all the time :D

http://www.athleticsni.org/News/Wonder-woman-takes-on-the-Men

this is looking more and more exciting all the time :D

Wow ... they've assemble some field for this... The business end of this race is going to b very interesting........Getting really excited and nervous now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Sick i cant do this, good luck lads and ladies and do a few miles for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

As regards food intake my pal whose also running and had done alot more research that me into it reckons we'l need about 10 days food supply to keep us going for the 24 hrs ...Thats alot of grub :eek:

I Could possibly help you on this. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Best of luck guys 'n' gals. Sounds like it's going to be a cracker. Hope someone will be generous enough to post some live updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

good luck to anyone doin this am sick dat im n lanzerote while yeare doin it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good luck to everyone. Would love to be doing it again this year, but I'm sure I'll be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Best of luck to everyone taking part. Hope it all goes well for you.

ultraman1 wrote: »
    good luck to anyone doin this am sick dat im n lanzerote while yeare doin it:confused:

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Mick Rice

Would also like to wish everyone well for this. 24hr races are scary experiences... good luck to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck everyone!
    Will be really interested to hear the feedback from this and the distances achieved!

Any chance of starting a 'target distance' table??
    (As opposed to the normal 'target time' table...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

I hope all running have a great time. And as previously mentioned the racing at the pointy end of things should be good. If everyone runs to their potential it'll be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

Who`s actually running?
    Hot2Trot
    Liamo123
    TFBubendorfer
    Who else?
    Looks like I`m going too (just for look mind you, can`t be running with my 38+ weeks belly....;))
    It`ll be great to be on the sidelines to see all the action!!!

IM only doing the 12 hour.

Pat O Keefe is doing the 12 as well but his plan is to just do marathon distance. Get to bed for the night and do the marathon in Dungannon on Saturday and then go home.

Wounded knee to reclaim his title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Good luck to all doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Best of luck to everybody

Wounded knee to reclaim his title

And Enduro to give him a good run for his money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Very, very best of luck to all tomorrow, I hope it goes really, really well for you all.
    Also best of luck to Magnet in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Woundedknee leading, enduro dropped out, injured I think. That's as far back on the Twitter feeds as I have gone!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Disappointing to see Eoin Keith and Sharon Gayter drop out. Takes a bit of competition out of it for John O'Regan and Aisling Coppinger who both seem to be going strong.

Other boardsies out there seem to be going well Bubendorfer seems to be just behind Steady Eddie and Liam going well aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Update from Belfast:
    Liamo has had to pull out at 75 miles with an injured Hip.

Wounded knee has cleared 100 miles and is well ahead.

Enduro had to drop out while in 2nd place.

TFBubendorfer is now in 2nd place, going very strong and looking very well. He is just coming up to the 100 miles.

Edit to say: Tomas has just crossed 100 miles and still over 5 hours to go!!

Advertisement