Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister + A&F

Options
  • 19-12-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

ive only lived in Galway a short time but from walking around the city I cant help but notice the amount of people wearing either Hollister or A&F clothes, is there a store in Galway or something or is everyone commuting to Dublin/America to buy their clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

I imagine they buy them on the internetz

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

see I thought about that, but having lived in a few parts of the country Galway just seems to have more of them here than anywhere else, you wouldnt see them at all in Wexford/Waterford, just wondering if there is a store out west?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Could be people who were on J1's for the summer or anyone who went up to the 'big shmoke' and went shopping in the hollister in dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

To be fair, Galway has two massive colleges and hugely populated by students from all around the country and abroad, so not everyone buys their clothes in Galway... and yes, the J1 would definetly contribute!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

To be fair, Galway has two massive colleges and hugely populated by students from all around the country and abroad, so not everyone buys their clothes in Galway... and yes, the J1 would definetly contribute!
    Lest we forget the G4 wannabe D4 heads.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have loads of A&F (nicest polos money can buy imo) and hollister and I've never been in either of the shops in my life. Just put in an order with friends or family if they are going to the US.

There is Hollister in dublin alright, the only place with an A&F shop other than the US is London but its much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

I walked into the Hollister in Dundrum the day after Stephen's Day and swiftly turned around and walked out again. It was as dark as a night club. There was a massive queue for the tills. Not the label for a man in his early 40's.

Later on, there was a big queue just to get in to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Anyone who I know that wears A&F just bought it while on holiday in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I still dont get why it's still so popular, there's far better brands in the states and most of th people I know in the US regard the clothing as tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

What's A&F?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

RubyGirl wrote: »
    What's A&F?
    Abercrombie and Fitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Thanks to the two unis, Galway has a high population of dick heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

We have one university.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

We have one university.

That did make me laugh! :D

We have one university.

and one monkey enclosure...:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ain't it the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

shortys94 wrote: »
    I still dont get why it's still so popular, there's far better brands in the states and most of th people I know in the US regard the clothing as tacky.

People in the US regard it as tacky? have you ever seen the Americans that wander around Galway? I always get a giggle at their dress sense.

Any young American I see around Galway has 2 items of clothing, a North Face jacked and really dark jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sword of light

I'm pretty sure there used to be a shop in Cross street selling the stuff, maybe that explains it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mangled wrote: »
    People in the US regard it as tacky? have you ever seen the Americans that wonder around Galway? I always get a giggle at their dress sense.

Any young American I see around Galway has 2 items of clothing, a North Face jacked and really dark jeans.
    What are they wondering about? Where to buy A&F?

A&F in the U.S. is for the rich kids.

They haven't got a great dress sense when it comes to nights out with 90% of people in bars wearing trainers/tshirt and the girls wearing jeans/flats.

Only when you go to lounges do people actually wear decent clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Caliden wrote: »
    They haven't got a great dress sense when it comes to nights out with 90% of people in bars wearing trainers/tshirt and the girls wearing jeans/flats.

Only when you go to lounges do people actually wear decent clothes

Its a different drinking culture over there, hence the more relaxed atmosphere in bars and clubs, and different attitudes as to what to wear in x location.

Advertisement