Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Vs Chelsea - Thursday 22nd @ 20:00

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We left it to late to start playing decent. I think a point is fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mickman wrote: »
    Kiith wrote: »
    Woeful in the second half so far

Yeah, really bad.

Pav has been nothing short of pathetic

Thought Chelsea deserved to win it in fairness. We could have nicked it in the last few mins though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, we said we'd take a point if we got it. Chelsea were better than us for most of the game. Not a good game for us at all really. In fact it was a really poor 2nd half performance. I'm struggling to name any good players. Ade, Modric and Sandro were probably the best of the bunch.

Still, it was an entertaining game overall. And 3rd at Christmas is a dream position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thought Chelsea deserved to win it in fairness. We could have nicked it in the last few mins though

Agree with this, they had the better chances. I think we were lucky to come away with a point but I'll take it nonetheless.

Poor performance overall though and that's 2 poor performances at home in a row. Two away games next, which will be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It had to be bloody Terry clearing it off the line. They'll be some **** done over him now over that.

I said I'd take the point but I would have preferred if we played as well the whole game like we did at the start and the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dissapointed with the result Chelsea deserved at least a point but I thought Webb and his officials didn't have a great game
    I thought webb was very card happy and seem to over compensate for Chelsea being the away team, then there was the accidental handball by cole which gave them an advantage, lastly Ades second was on side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fair result,we could have won it and could have lost it,had to be John Terry clearing off the line hadn't it.MOTM for Spurs had to be Sandro,brilliant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Very dissapointed with that last night. Showed what we can do in first 10 mins but when they scored the intensity and dare I say belief seemed to drift away. BAE shocking for that goal as was Ledley.

that aside although Chelsea looked the better side I still believe we should have won. Both sides had plenty of chances but at the end of the day football is about goals and we legally put the ball in the net twice and one was incorrectly disallowed. This and Stoke will cost us. Webb was only too delighted to disallow it and do Utd a favour ;)

regards handballs with my lilly white tinted glasses I would say coles had to be given as intentional or not he gained a massive advantage by use of the hand. I didnt think BAE was in the box but those two decisons I suppose level each other out.

Finally of all the cnuts in the world to block that last effort, though in saying that Ade shouldnt have given him the chance. Rant over.

Funny how expectations grow isnt it..

I couldnt believe how bad Webb was yesterday. Possible 5 points down the drain due to poor refs in last three games. Someone has to ask the question did someone at spurs mess around with one of the refs WAGs :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What is the official rule? It was handball, no doubt about it. But it was also clearly accidental. If it's accidental, but the player gets control of the ball and a massive advantage (which Cole did), should it be a free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I said this in the main thread that if that incident had happened in Chelsea's 18 yard box it would have been a penalty. In fairness, I think BAE's was a penalty too so at least Webb was consistent.

The offside decision was a very bad one though - again! I'd say after the full game we were even in terms of real goal-scoring opportunities and a draw was a fair result. I was disappointed with how we played though, as after the first 25 minutes we barely played well at all.

I'm hearing bad things on the injury front though - Kaboul, VDV, Pav all with hamstring injuries, VDV is out for 3 weeks or so. Add Lennon to that list (and we've yet to see how Bale coped with last night) and we're in the middle of an injury crisis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

SuprSi wrote: »
    Kaboul, VDV, Pav all with hamstring injuries QUOTE]

From what :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Pav is an out and out striker, he didn't get the ball in the 2nd half which cannot be his fault. When Modric is not in the middle we don't keep the ball at all as evidenced in the 2nd half, lets hope the same mistake isn't made again.

BAE hopefully has had his game where he just isn't concentrating, he was woeful and disinterested. Bale sadly is not up to it at teh top level playing anywhere except wide left. He was no threat whatsover after he moved over.

The injuries up front might give Niko a chance over xmas, he was the difference when we finished 4th in 2010. What I'm really afraid of is our focus shifting from the title to 4th, already signs in post match interviews that we were more concerned about what was coming behind than what teams are out in front of us. That is worrying me more than the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Mullo76 wrote: »
    SuprSi wrote: »
    Kaboul, VDV, Pav all with hamstring injuries QUOTE]

From what :eek:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Draw was a fair result, both teams had chances to win it but a point is a point, and it means we stay ahead of them.

2 difficult away games now, 6 from 6 will do :D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

If Kaboul has a hamstring problem that might explain why he didn't start. It's the only acceptable explanation, as he is ideal for Drogba.
    I thought we should have brought him on RB for second half, and let walker go at cole, he ate him every chance he got going forward.
    The biggest problem for me was we didn't seem to have enough bodies in the box in the first half when we were creating. Someone should be bombing on from that five. VDV just seems to want to hover 20 yards from goal. #
    Sandro was magnificent, and has to start more. That run for the deflected shot had two shimmies that were wonderful.
    Another shocker of a decision from the linesman. It's a goddamned joke. I like cricket, and the umpires are old guys with glasses, watching for 6 hours a day. Since the 3rd eye technology has come in, the most notable thing is that the better umpires are almost always right on hair's breadth decisions.
    The gallas decison wasn't even close, how these guys are employed I just can't understand. Thats 3 points right there and stoke. Maybe we'll get it all back against Citeh away, or Man yoo at home. I would love it, love it, if fergies boys were reffed off the pitch in a 3-0 hiding at the Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

i actually thought the Gallas decision was spot on, when the free kick was played, he was just off. By the time he touched it on to ade they were both on but thats not the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    i actually thought the Gallas decision was spot on, when the free kick was played, he was just off. By the time he touched it on to ade they were both on but thats not the point.

It was a hand ball anyway

mushykeogh wrote: »

It was a hand ball anyway
    I thought it was an inspired finish with his shoulder.

Advertisement