Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch movies from laptop through xbox over wifi

Options
  • 19-12-2011 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to play a movie on my laptop, and have the xbox play it on my tv over the wifi connection?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Yes, you can stream movies from your lap top or computer to your xbox....or you could before the last update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

petepooch wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to play a movie on my laptop, and have the xbox play it on my tv over the wifi connection?

Thanks

Yep very possible. You can install Tversity on your laptop, this will stream the movie to your xbox through your router. You wont be able to play mkv files but others play perfectly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

can some one please give details on how to do this? (easy details)

Would appreciate it alot :)

eimear10 wrote: »
    can some one please give details on how to do this? (easy details)

Would appreciate it alot :)

If you install tversity (link in my previous post) when it is finished installing click the library tab.

It says sources on the left hand side, click on folders

Click add item, then click the browse button and pick the folder/folders you want to stream from then click submit. It is easier on yourself to have one central folder I use the downloads folder on my laptop.

When you have installed tversity and followed the steps above start up your xbox and go to the videos tab (It is called My Video Apps, then video player on the new dashboard menu) on the xbox menu, the tversity option is the last on the list (under current disc and portable device)

In that that menu go down to folders and your content is there, if you have alot of content it might take awhile to display in the list.

That is it really, it sounds very complicated but you will get the hang of it in no time at all.

Post back here if you have any problems sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 petepooch

Thanks will give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

Thank you GAAman, I will try this later.. However I never download films like i just stream them online like on megavideo and stuff... Can i do that too? Otherwise what websites do you use to download free safe movies. (if theres any such thing) and I have Mcaffee if that makes a difference..

eimear10 wrote: »
    Thank you GAAman, I will try this later.. However I never download films like i just stream them online like on megavideo and stuff... Can i do that too? Otherwise what websites do you use to download free safe movies. (if theres any such thing) and I have Mcaffee if that makes a difference..

Sorry on both counts eimear dont think you can stream from megavideo etc, and cant give advice on downloading illegaly

Advertisement