Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

Hey all.
    I sent my application package of on the 9th of this month, tracked the post and it arrived on the 12th. Still havent recieved any letter of reciept....
    Is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

macJc wrote: »
    Hey all.
    I sent my application package of on the 9th of this month, tracked the post and it arrived on the 12th. Still havent recieved any letter of reciept....
    Is this the norm?

Yeh this is normal. My friend sent hers on the 23rd of December and only got emailed last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 homer10

Hey folks, hate to be an unbelievable pain in the ass! This question is a bit off topic since most are talking about the technicalities of moving or staying in Canada.....

Im 28 and currently working in Dublin. For someone considering the IEC and going about the big move to Canada (probably Toronto) did many of you leave a permanent job in Ireland to take a punt and move over there? And how was it finding work (I'm currently working in an account management/sales role in Dell so would probably move to something similar in IT industry). Is it tough for people with no trade etc to get work over there?

And will all you guys have to come home after the two years or will you have an opportunity to extend? (I only ask because as much as I hate to say it I reckon Ireland if pretty f**cked for next 10 years so am concious about having to have to come home to Ireland after two years in an even worse economic state to no job!

Any info/advice/experiences you can share would be GREATLY appreciated and I do mean greatly.....I'll buy your booze for a whole night in Toronto when I get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Just to confirm what we've read above, heard someone got rejected out of hand over 18 month rule. Bit of a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bertocon

I got an email requesting payment on the 13th Jan and payed the same day through internet banking with AIB so the payment was received within a day.... still havent got an email confirming payment 9 days later??? Can anyone at this stage let me know how long after payment they received the confirmation email....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Bertocon wrote: »
    I got an email requesting payment on the 13th Jan and payed the same day through internet banking with AIB so the payment was received within a day.... still havent got an email confirming payment 9 days later??? Can anyone at this stage let me know how long after payment they received the confirmation email....

The e-mail requesting payment was sent to me and my GF on the 13th of January...

We both paid and sent our e-mails to them on the 16th of January...

We both got the automatic e-mail reply.

I got the e-mail to say I had been accepted and put into the second phase last Friday 20th

She is still waiting on an e-mail back to say the payment was ok...

So hope that can give some indication... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 de_chippie

I agree with the above post. I got the notice on the 12th of jan, paid on the 13th and sent my email that night. Then on the 19th I was asked if I was going to do a job that I needed a medical. I don't so I have to wait 5 days before they come back to me. So fingers cutted that I hear sometime this week. Will keep you posted.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is IEC the same as the 12 month working holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hi hi, I know this is a long time ago but just as a query does one need to have a job lined up prior to going? If not what would be filled in the applicatio nform where it starts prospective employer etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Hi hi, I know this is a long time ago but just as a query does one need to have a job lined up prior to going? If not what would be filled in the applicatio nform where it starts prospective employer etc...

ahhhhhh, read the instructions! :D

you just put in "unknown"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is IEC the same as the 12 month working holiday?

Pretty much yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Mine was delivered on the 9th of January and still havent heard anything. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rejected

Hello,

I received an email informing me that my application was rejected because I either did not include a particular form or else failed to sign it. The message is as below.
    'Family Composition' form has not been included in your application package or is missing signatures
    Now, I know for a fact that the form was included with the application and I'm almost certain that it was signed. I've been informed that I must reapply.

Now, assuming that there is an oversight on my part and either the form is not signed or else there is an error with how the form has been filled out etc, what do I do now? Do I reapply from scratch without knowing exactly what the mistake was and risk having my application rejected again? Can I contact the embassy and actually get through to a human to find this information out? Can I just resubmit the 1 document that is causing the problem?

Has anyone else in a similar situation or who can shed anymore light on the issue? As you can imagine this is a big worry as I was hoping to get out of here as soon as possible.

Edit: Also, If I must reapply from the very beginning, can I use the existing forms which I had filled out and submitted or must I fill out and validate completely new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

only thing i can think of is maybe you didnt sign all 3 parts of the form ?

Spunge wrote: »
    only thing i can think of is maybe you didnt sign all 3 parts of the form ?

Accepting that I have made an error, does this mean that I am thrown back to square one? This is the question that I would like answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

You've to rectify the mistake you made, then re-submit the package

you probably just left out a signature

You have to sign and date the final page of the family info form

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    You've to rectify the mistake you made, then re-submit the package

you probably just left out a signature

You have to sign and date the final page of the family info form

So basically my entire application has been tossed to the bin then and I must reapply for a new police certificate, and obtain new passport photos etc? Is this the case does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Rejected wrote: »
    So basically my entire application has been tossed to the bin then and I must reapply for a new police certificate, and obtain new passport photos etc? Is this the case does anyone know?

It'd be pretty harsh if they did that...

normal procedure is to post it back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you can only get one police cert every 12 months too, so if they don't post it back that'd be a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

I posted my application from Ireland through regular post on the 4th of January.
    Just got the email from the High Commission in the UK this morning saying they have received my application.
    So that was 20 days...
    It said I will get a follow up email in the next 2 weeks requesting payment, provided I meet their criteria.

I have read that it then takes around 6 more weeks to get accepted, ie the Letter of Introduction.
    Does anyone know where the provisional acceptance email fits into this? Once you pay are you basically accepted?
    I want to book my flights as soon as possible. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

This has probably been asked before :) but can i apply directly just by following the instruction or do i have to apply through usit or a third party. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

jd83 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before :) but can i apply directly just by following the instruction or do i have to apply through usit or a third party. Thanks

Do it directly, USIT are a rip off!

Follow the steps here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

jd83 wrote: »

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

Helix wrote: »
    you can only get one police cert every 12 months too, so if they don't post it back that'd be a disaster

are you sure about that? it sounds a bit severe. that basically means that i cant apply for any visa for any other country for 12 months (well countries that request garda clearance at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

memaul wrote: »
    are you sure about that? it sounds a bit severe. that basically means that i cant apply for any visa for any other country for 12 months (well countries that request garda clearance at least)

99% sure that the gardai will only issue one per 12 months

Chance.jpeg

So you're saying there's a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Rejected wrote: »

I got rejected twice last year on got it on the third attempt. They will post you back your original application and point out exactly what you did wrong. I would wait for that, fix the problem, use the Garda cert you used originally and send it back to them.

Don't be worried about it as these visa's won't run out anytime soon. I think 200 were gone the last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

nah, that's wrong. I go three last year since Feb, one for Dubai (never needed), one for Canada last year (never used either!!) and a new one for Canada this year. Theyll quiz you, but as long as you explain what's happening they wont refuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Some Gardai say one every twelve months, but if you write a mail in to the superintendent of your local station you'll get a new one. I got two within a twelve month period last time.

Rejected: I realised I made an error when I sent in my application in December on the family form as well. I emailed before they even received my application. They said send in a brand new application. I'm afraid you will have to do the same. I wouldn't bother waiting for the application to be returned, just carefully fill it out again. Also, make a copy of your new Garda Cert ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Some Gardai say one every twelve months, but if you write a mail in to the superintendent of your local station you'll get a new one. I got two within a twelve month period last time.

Rejected: I realised I made an error when I sent in my application in December on the family form as well. I emailed before they even received my application. They said send in a brand new application. I'm afraid you will have to do the same. I wouldn't bother waiting for the application to be returned, just carefully fill it out again. Also, make a copy of your new Garda Cert ;)

Making a copy won't do too much for you as they will reject applications that include a copy. Happened me twice last year as I decided to not wait on the rejected application and sent it off again. My point is, there is a lot of benefit to waiting to see where you went wrong and then fix that. Second guessing what went wrong can be a time waste. If you have the time, I would wait. If not, keep applying I suppose.

Advertisement