Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

leggit wrote: »
    Chance.jpeg

So you're saying there's a chance?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA your going to love Canada if your into Jim!! hahaha bloody funny that was!

I just got an email today saying they received it and they are going to review it! how long does it take for them to ask for payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 conall.doherty

Apologies if question has already been answered:

Im from Belfast, which means technically im a citizen of Britain, but i hold an irish passport. Who should i apply through? Irish or British embassy?

Note. I only ask because it asks for a garda police certificate which i wouldnt be able to provide

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

has anyone received the proper email response saying they received payment?? im getting worried now as I sent it on the 12th of this month :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

nope, just and email today saying they received my application that was actually delivered 2 weeks ago! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Anyone got any word on any borderline 18-month cases getting accepted or declined?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

has anyone received the proper email response saying they received payment?? im getting worried now as I sent it on the 12th of this month :(

I sent mine on 17th and got the email saying they've sent on my application onto next round on the 20th...I'm assuming that's pretty much a receipt of payment

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Making a copy won't do too much for you as they will reject applications that include a copy. Happened me twice last year as I decided to not wait on the rejected application and sent it off again. My point is, there is a lot of benefit to waiting to see where you went wrong and then fix that. Second guessing what went wrong can be a time waste. If you have the time, I would wait. If not, keep applying I suppose.

Fair enough. I've had to send a copy already so hopefully they won't cop it, it looked exactly the same as my original as the cert is just a piece of paper with all black and white so I don't know how they'll know....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Fair enough. I've had to send a copy already so hopefully they won't cop it, it looked exactly the same as my original as the cert is just a piece of paper with all black and white so I don't know how they'll know....

Yeah hopefully they don't notice. I think it is the stamp that gives up the game! Myself and my house mate were both rejected twice for sending copies last year but maybe we were just unlucky with who we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamie205

Willowinie wrote: »
    C

The very first box on one of the forms has International Experience Canada as the initiative. It's the IEC visa you're looking for so that's the one.[/Quote]

Hey Token101,

Can't understand this, I picked that from the drop down menu on my application.

Can see why they rejected app under wrong initiative.

Are you allowed to apply without the aid of Usit etc,

Thanks for reply

C[/QUOTE]

willowinie hey!

we have the same problem about the wrong initiative issue!

have you found any solutions yet?

cheers jamie

FoosChic wrote: »
    I sent mine on 17th and got the email saying they've sent on my application onto next round on the 20th...I'm assuming that's pretty much a receipt of payment

:O....should I be worried??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

Hey all,

I've already finished most of my application paperwork, filled in on the PC, validated, and printed out ready to go once my entire package is complete.

But some circumstances have changed. Does it matter if I start afresh, or even modify my original .PDF and re-validate it? Does this screw up anything?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Ciara, what date is your last day that you're allowed to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I got my confirmation of payment today and they said that if I need a medical to let them know....how do we know what jobs require a medical over in Canada?!

Also, anyone have any idea how long the last phase should take? I know they say 6 weeks but SURELY it can't take that long! I wanna go ASAP!

Did you ever end up sending the payment again? I remember a while back you were freakin out about not having put your WTN or something....just wondering if it all went through from that initial payment? I had my brother send my money from Ireland from his account on monday (23rd) and just put my WTN and my name together as the reference....IEC told me it shouldn't matter who's account it comes from as long as the WTN number is on there...I suppose the wait time for confirmation of receipt seems to be around 5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SineadV

Hey everyone,

Need help with jobs.....

Hoping to go to Vancouver in April on the IEC program
    and was wondering if anyone knows if there are architectural jobs available over there...design/construction,architectural etc
    I have a degree in architectural technology so need some experience in that field.

The 22nd was my last day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Just got the e-mail about the medical thing, I don't know what work I'll be doing so do I just ignore the e-mail? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

Sync wrote: »
    Just got the e-mail about the medical thing, I don't know what work I'll be doing so do I just ignore the e-mail? :P

Are you qualified to work in the medical field or at a daycare or school? basically those are the jobs which you need a medical for so if you wont be in any of these fields then you say no I do not need one. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

token101 wrote: »
    Can't see that working tbh. Surely they would want to know in your second visa app what you had been doing during your first year in Canada? What if you had gotten arrested or something in the first year? And wouldn't applying for two visas at one time look very dodgy to people who are very suspicious to begin with? I don't know I could see that backfiring, but sure it could be a savage idea and a serious timesaver aswell. Let us know how you get on sure, if it works I'll happily eat my words and follow suit :D

Decided I'd check with them before I'd send my stuff off. Turns out it wont, they wont issue a new visa with that much time left on my first. They advised to keep my eye on the quota left and apply later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp#determine

This should answer your question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

So when would you be ok to book flights. After you pay the fee or should you wait until you get the Letter of Introduction?

• Advertisement

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I got my confirmation of payment today and they said that if I need a medical to let them know....how do we know what jobs require a medical over in Canada?!

Also, anyone have any idea how long the last phase should take? I know they say 6 weeks but SURELY it can't take that long! I wanna go ASAP!

Did you ever end up sending the payment again? I remember a while back you were freakin out about not having put your WTN or something....just wondering if it all went through from that initial payment? I had my brother send my money from Ireland from his account on monday (23rd) and just put my WTN and my name together as the reference....IEC told me it shouldn't matter who's account it comes from as long as the WTN number is on there...I suppose the wait time for confirmation of receipt seems to be around 5 days?

Yeah the payment actually went though so it was all grand in the end. Just want toget the final thing complete now! Sick of waiting!

Eh Id definitely say email them!

Put URGENT in the title and they get back to you that same day , at least from my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Eh Id definitely say email them!

Put URGENT in the title and they get back to you that same day , at least from my experience!

Try this email ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

I mailed them on that today and they got back to me in half a hour

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Try this email ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

I mailed them on that today and they got back to me in half a hour

Cheers guys for the replies, just emailed them there. Please god let them say they received it...im getting worried :(...I have my flight booked for the 19th of March so any delay would be a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bertocon

Im in the same boat, today (25th) was my last day and i paid on 13th...still waiting on confirmation. Emailed yesterday but never typed 'urgent'. why do they make this so f***ing stressful!! :(

Bertocon wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, today (25th) was my last day and i paid on 13th...still waiting on confirmation. Emailed yesterday but never typed 'urgent'. why do they make this so f***ing stressful!! :(

Ah Jaysus.... let me know how ye get on anyway lads...

I paid mine on the 16th and I got the e-mail to say payment is accepted and asked if I needed a medical...

My GF didn't get any of that, and we done everything the same and paid at the same time etc... so getting a bit worried now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

Bertocon wrote: »

Ah Jaysus.... let me know how ye get on anyway lads...

I paid mine on the 16th and I got the e-mail to say payment is accepted and asked if I needed a medical...

My GF didn't get any of that, and we done everything the same and paid at the same time etc... so getting a bit worried now! :(

Did they mention the medical in your payment acceptance?

FoosChic wrote: »
    Did they mention the medical in your payment acceptance?

Nope, the medical e-mail was 2 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

JCJames wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've already finished most of my application paperwork, filled in on the PC, validated, and printed out ready to go once my entire package is complete.

But some circumstances have changed. Does it matter if I start afresh, or even modify my original .PDF and re-validate it? Does this screw up anything?

Cheers :)
    Hey JC

SNAP! with the re-validating forms! I made a mistake on my original form (I clicked on the wrong port of entry for some reason) but only realised after i had validated and printed it. Then I tried just fixing that one page and re-validated it but realised that the reference number for this page was different to the rest of the form. So I just refilled out the that whole form and re-validated it all.

I never sent off the one i screwed up, just the re-validated one. Still haven't heard anything back yet. Sent my app on friday the 13th (bad move me thinks!)

When are you off? Got my flights booked for feb the 12th, hoping to get some sort of correspondence from them before then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Ive all the forms done just waiting for the garda cert to come. Does choosing do not know as a port of entry have any ramifications.

Advertisement