Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hooray, the IEC said they never recieved my payment and have cancelled my application.

I have screenshots proving that I sent the payment and the account info is correct also my WTN was my reference. SO yay for incompetence!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Hooray, the IEC said they never recieved my payment and have cancelled my application.

I have screenshots proving that I sent the payment and the account info is correct also my WTN was my reference. SO yay for incompetence!

My girlfriend and I done our payments at the same time, and we done them both in the same way...

Mine was processed fine, and I got my e-mails and all that...

Her's was not, and the replied today saying that the bank never put her last name in, so they didn't know it was her payment... but fingers crossed they get it sorted now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

WTF? Sorry to hear that, they seem to make it more difficult for themselves by not having a more rigid system in place. They ask for all these steps to be followed, and still don;t follow them themselves....

I'm just pissed off that there was no communication from them! They sent me an email on the 17th saying I had 5 days to pay, and that was the day that I sent the payment off. No other email was sent so I assumed that my payment had gone through, then today I emailed them and they told me there is no record of me paying despite me having screenshots proving I sent it.

So frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ciankid22

Ya the IEC team are useless. Don't know how at this stage they can't put a proper process together where they can firstly check that all documents in an application are filled out properly before they send it on to the Visa eligibility section. That would save everybody a lot of time instead of having to wait 4 to 5 weeks only to be told you are missing something. Then when people make their payments just match the name and WTN together when money comes into their account. Then send out a LOI when everything gets confirmed. It seems so stupid that it has to take 9-10 weeks to process a work permit. Either they don't have enough people working over there or they can't come up with a descent assembly line system to get things done efficiently. The worst thing is that they won't even have proper email correspondents with people who wants to save them time and ours!
    Ranting a bit here but last year they were pretty slow but what I have read here it seems they a taking the biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

I'm out in Canada the past 17 months and sent in my application for my second IEC visa on the 11th of Jan.
    However the tracking number shows that it left Canada on the 13th but is not showing on the Royal Mail website.

Does anyone know if the 18 months condition is based on the date of application being sent or when it is finally received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I'm just pissed off that there was no communication from them! They sent me an email on the 17th saying I had 5 days to pay, and that was the day that I sent the payment off. No other email was sent so I assumed that my payment had gone through, then today I emailed them and they told me there is no record of me paying despite me having screenshots proving I sent it.

So frustrating.

was it a bank transfer? surely the bank has records of that:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Just got this email...

"Good afternoon;

There are a number of payments we have received into our bank account that we have been unable to match to an application due to incomplete or poor quality reference line information.

In order for us to be able to match your payment, please respond within 24 hours to this email with a listing of the exact information that was inserted on the reference line of your payment by your bank when the payment was made. You may have to contact your bank to retrieve this information.

Without it, we cannot reconcile your payment and your application will be refused as it is now overdue.
    Kind regards,

The IEC Team
    UK / Ireland"

****ING BASTARDS.
    I am actually furious. Seriously. The error is on their part, I put my reference number in the reference box and I'm just off the phone with my bank and they were able to confirm this. ****ing joke.

Edit: Ok, I have kind of calmed down now. Sent them an email, outlining everything and attached a copy of the stub I received as proof of payment. That better be enough or il actually go down to them and go fecking nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Wow, this is turning in to quite the calamity. How did they mess everything up after being relatively efficient last year?

My story is I sent my application in December, and later realised I made a mess of the family form. I emailed them before the application reached and they said my application will be rejected and to send in another, so I did.

I now learn that my first application has been conditionally accepted, no mention of my messed up family information form. Madness.

I'm going to send payment anyway, and attach my family information form to the email confirming payment and the other validated IMM.

For those who are interested, I was on the brink with the 18 month rule. No mention of rejection yet based on that rule for me anyway. Technically I was out of Ireland longer than 18 months, but visa's were for 17 months so I might just about get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

Sync wrote: »
    Nope, the medical e-mail was 2 days later

Do you mind me asking if this was the email you received after payment

"We are pleased to inform you that your application meets the International Experience Canada
    (IEC) criteria. Today we transferred your file to the Visa Section at the High Commission of
    Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation. If your application is
    approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction by email to the address that you provided on
    your application form. (No paper copy will be sent.) Please remember to check your spam folder
    and junk mail." etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Wow, this is turning in to quite the calamity. How did they mess everything up after being relatively efficient last year?

My story is I sent my application in December, and later realised I made a mess of the family form. I emailed them before the application reached and they said my application will be rejected and to send in another, so I did.

I now learn that my first application has been conditionally accepted, no mention of my messed up family information form. Madness.

I'm going to send payment anyway, and attach my family information form to the email confirming payment and the other validated IMM.

For those who are interested, I was on the brink with the 18 month rule. No mention of rejection yet based on that rule for me anyway. Technically I was out of Ireland longer than 18 months, but visa's were for 17 months so I might just about get away with it.

You absolute beauty

Been waiting for some sort of confirmation along these lines

I've been out of Ireland a cumulative of like 14 months, so should be ok :)

Helix wrote: »
    was it a bank transfer? surely the bank has records of that:confused:

Yup my bank confirmed the payment went through. It seems to be the IEc side that's letting us down here. I put my WTN number as the reference so there could be nothing else showing up for them.

Yup my bank confirmed the payment went through. It seems to be the IEc side that's letting us down here. I put my WTN number as the reference so there could be nothing else showing up for them.

So you've to start the whole process again?

jesus....

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    So you've to start the whole process again?

jesus....

I have to wait for them to post me back my forms because my Garda Cert is in it.

IT's ridiculous at this stage. Just want to get back to Vancouver to start working again, going crazy just doing nothing here.

Hey man,

What exactly did you mess up with the family form? I got an email saying they received my application on the 24th of Jan and then realised that I made a mistake on the family form as well so I sent them the form and the Medical Declaration form with my WTN number on it. Hopefully they will accept mine too and I can make payment as I have a house set up all ready for when I head to Van city at the end of February. Going to head over on a tourist visa first anyways and head to the border when I get the LOI but the sooner I get the LOI the better as I won't have enough money to survive with out a job for too long.

Here's to hoping!!

I have to wait for them to post me back my forms because my Garda Cert is in it.

IT's ridiculous at this stage. Just want to get back to Vancouver to start working again, going crazy just doing nothing here.

you're not missing much at this time of year tbh, been raining pretty consistently since Christmas

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    you're not missing much at this time of year tbh, been raining pretty consistently since Christmas

I know I was there this time last year, but anything is better than sitting at home doing nothing all day cos I can't get a job here...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

i want to bring my 3 year old son with me on the IEC working visa. has anyone done this before and any tips for it as there is very little info online about it!!

thank you

Ciankid22 wrote: »
    Hey man,

What exactly did you mess up with the family form? I got an email saying they received my application on the 24th of Jan and then realised that I made a mistake on the family form as well so I sent them the form and the Medical Declaration form with my WTN number on it. Hopefully they will accept mine too and I can make payment as I have a house set up all ready for when I head to Van city at the end of February. Going to head over on a tourist visa first anyways and head to the border when I get the LOI but the sooner I get the LOI the better as I won't have enough money to survive with out a job for too long.

Here's to hoping!!

Ah I missed out the citizenship part of all of my family members, didn't read the form properly...my own fault really and was fully expecting a rejection out of hand but the fact that they haven't rejected me yet alarms me more than encourages me. The liklihood is they'll probably reject me when they get to it in 5-6 weeks time, which is frustrating.

Like you, I'm going to send the form with my return email and hopefully slip it in that way. It might work, I remember last year a friend of mine actually got a call from the IEC visa processing officer asking him to send on something else and they accepted it a couple of days later. Last year they seemed a lot more efficient though.

What's more, I've already sent my second application following up my inevitable failure, so now that's going to be in the system too...yikes.

Anyway, I'll be interested to hear how your's gets on, and I'll let you know if something happens with mine. Going to pay and send over the weekend.

Just looked at my family form and I left out the place of birth for my brother and sister

Doubt they'll fire it back to me over that

• Advertisement

Hope you're right mate, but my experience is that they live for that sh1t and send it back without a care. We shall see anyway, will probably depend on which visa officer takes a look!

So you have been rejected completely? Did you email them to explain that your bank did transfer it etc? They better not refuse me now. I emailed them this evening with a scanned copy of my stub that I had as receipt, my WTN which was my reference and everything. If they refuse me I will go nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

FoosChic wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking if this was the email you received after payment

"We are pleased to inform you that your application meets the International Experience Canada
    (IEC) criteria. Today we transferred your file to the Visa Section at the High Commission of
    Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation. If your application is
    approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction by email to the address that you provided on
    your application form. (No paper copy will be sent.) Please remember to check your spam folder
    and junk mail." etc

That was exactly it, then a few days after that I got the Medical Exam e-mail... which I need to just ignore :) so fingers crossed I get the LOI soon

Ah I missed out the citizenship part of all of my family members, didn't read the form properly...my own fault really and was fully expecting a rejection out of hand but the fact that they haven't rejected me yet alarms me more than encourages me. The liklihood is they'll probably reject me when they get to it in 5-6 weeks time, which is frustrating.

Like you, I'm going to send the form with my return email and hopefully slip it in that way. It might work, I remember last year a friend of mine actually got a call from the IEC visa processing officer asking him to send on something else and they accepted it a couple of days later. Last year they seemed a lot more efficient though.

What's more, I've already sent my second application following up my inevitable failure, so now that's going to be in the system too...yikes.

Anyway, I'll be interested to hear how your's gets on, and I'll let you know if something happens with mine. Going to pay and send over the weekend.

If they had any common sense they would just hand the forms with our WTN number on it and put it with our application. Don't see why they send everyone's forms back over a small mistake or two. Seems like it puts more work on them if half the people re apply over and over again. By the sounds of it you should be ok. I will let ya know next week what happens with mine. I just can't wait to get out of here!! With your second application I would say that if they email you the receipt tell them that your first application went through. They should be able to figure it out anyways to not issue you with two visas.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

Has anybody had any experience entering Canada on a one way flight under the IEC? I know it says on the forms that it's allowed once you have the funds to prove you can buy a flight home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KF2009

annm2812 wrote: »
    i want to bring my 3 year old son with me on the IEC working visa. has anyone done this before and any tips for it as there is very little info online about it!!

thank you

Hi Annm2812,

My wife and I are thinking of going in July 2013 with our now 2 and a half year old. As that's pretty far away we havent looked into it too much yet but I was reading bits and pieces on the IEC FAQ section here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d.

There is a question answered about brining kids so it seems you can do it alright (they get a visitor visa), but you have to have extra evidence showing you have financial means to support them, fixed accommodation and someone to take care of them while you are working. They can even attend "nursery". But based on the additional evidence, the immigration officer in the airport will determine how long the kids visitor visa is for. Presumably, if you have sufficient evidence and dont seem crazy or irresponsible, the immigration officer will grant your kid 12 months too.

Seeing as we are in the same boat it might be useful to share and further info either of us come across on this. Send me a personal message if you want to keep in touch on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Sync wrote: »
    That was exactly it, then a few days after that I got the Medical Exam e-mail... which I need to just ignore :) so fingers crossed I get the LOI soon

Hey have you booked flights yet or is it better to wait until you get the LoI?

Has anyone ever actually managed to ring the IEC crowd and actually talked to a human as to opposed a recorded message??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

I have received the email from the IEC looking for payment, but they never mentioned anything about me needing to send over the medical form. Do we need to send it over we havent done so already?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Hitch11 wrote: »
    I have received the email from the IEC looking for payment, but they never mentioned anything about me needing to send over the medical form. Do we need to send it over we havent done so already?

I just got that email too. People have said here earlier that they ask for medical form later but you can ignore it if the job you plan to do does not require it.

The IMM1295 form I have saved isnt validated so im not sure what to do, revalidate or just send it...Did you send yours?

Advertisement