Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So you have been rejected completely? Did you email them to explain that your bank did transfer it etc? They better not refuse me now. I emailed them this evening with a scanned copy of my stub that I had as receipt, my WTN which was my reference and everything. If they refuse me I will go nuts.

Yup I proved that I sent the money but they said they have no record of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    Hey have you booked flights yet or is it better to wait until you get the LoI?

Waiting until I get the LOI... don't want to lose out on the price of flights just in case something goes wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 de_chippie

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know, I got my visa yesterday. I did it on my own without usit. If you any questions just pm me, I'd be happy to help.

See you in Canada.

De Chippie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ciankid22

I have to wait for them to post me back my forms because my Garda Cert is in it.

IT's ridiculous at this stage. Just want to get back to Vancouver to start working again, going crazy just doing nothing here.

Hey,

I just got an email rejecting me as well and was just wondering if you got your application sent back to you yet? or do they send the applications back? Hopefully this time round it won't take as long. I'm just going to fly out to Van anyways on a tourist visa before I get the LOI. Can't be missing Paddys day over there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

Ciankid22 wrote: »
    Hey,

I just got an email rejecting me as well and was just wondering if you got your application sent back to you yet? or do they send the applications back? Hopefully this time round it won't take as long. I'm just going to fly out to Van anyways on a tourist visa before I get the LOI. Can't be missing Paddys day over there!!

Yeah they will return it and say where you went wrong. It can take a while for that to come back sometimes as they only send it by regular mail.

• Advertisement

Ciankid22 wrote: »
    Hey,

Paddy's day isn't so great over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

I just got that email too. People have said here earlier that they ask for medical form later but you can ignore it if the job you plan to do does not require it.

I just find it strange that you would simply ignore it. But if thats what was said by the IEC then fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Paddy's day isn't so great over there.

Agreed. The faux-irishness of it all was actually kind of embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

Hi guys, quick update...i paid the 23rd and just received an email sayin that ive been forwarded to the 2nd phase. Im assuming this is the "receipt of payment" email?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Thank god, they finally found my payment and I've been forwared onto the 2nd phase. My luck was in thank god!

• Advertisement

Thank god, they finally found my payment and I've been forwared onto the 2nd phase. My luck was in thank god!

I've given them the tracer number of the payment and they still say they can't find it. AIB have it, BoI sent it, but somehow the IEC dweebs can't find it.

IT's just ridiculous at this stage.

I've given them the tracer number of the payment and they still say they can't find it. AIB have it, BoI sent it, but somehow the IEC dweebs can't find it.

IT's just ridiculous at this stage.

I went into AIB(who I bank with & sent the payment with) and the lady there was soooo nice. She sent the IEC an email, with me as the 'cc' and told them that I had paid it with the reference number etc...and BOOM, they accepted it & then found it. You should go into your bank and get them to email the IEC with 'URGENT' in the subject line and get them to verify that you sent it. If you sent in through your Internet Banking, the bank will still have details on their system if you were to call into your branch and do what I did. It's worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamie205

any one with any info about applying under the wrong iniative?

ive just seen the rule about not spending over 18 months out of england over the past 3 years........ its a kick in the teeth as i have spent my last few years going from season to season. there must be a way around this???

i need to go to canada.i have a 1 way ticket booked already......its my dream!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

call me crazy here, but you don't HAVE to tell them you were in England

If I were applying and had been 18 months anywhere else other than Canada I'd keep it to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Would someone planning to work in the hairdressing industry need a medical?

to be honest, i never thought it would be an issue that ive not spent all my time in my home country! im a resident of england... surely thats all that matters

also they ask for your previous work experience and a c.v. which all my work has been based in france.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bertocon

I was requested to pay on 13th january and paid that day, emailed after 12 days and told them id got no confirmation so they replied sayin they needed reference number because there was payments they couldnt match up....

I rang aib, they said i did everything right, should be either the reference no. or ldn-ie ...etc on there statement so i told them reference number and they still cant find it but it is there.....

they emailed back saying to ring back bank so i did while on the way to work and confirmed everything, they tracked it to make sure and everythings fine...

come home from work to find a rejection email.... current work permit is up in 2 months...

what a load of bulls***....

I think its time they let people pay by credit card... Now Im absolutely screwed

Could someone confirm that once you receive the email saying:

We are pleased to inform you that your application meets the International Experience Canada (IEC) criteria. Today we transferred your file to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation. If your application is approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction by email to the address that you provided on your application form...etc...

This is the "your payment has been successfully received" email isn't it? does the medical form email come after this one? I just don't want to be missing something as the last day for my payment is on tuesday so I just want to make sure that this is them receiving it so I don't send them an email....

Sorry if this was confusing!

Thanks!

Bertocon wrote: »
    I was requested to pay on 13th january and paid that day, emailed after 12 days and told them id got no confirmation so they replied sayin they needed reference number because there was payments they couldnt match up....

I rang aib, they said i did everything right, should be either the reference no. or ldn-ie ...etc on there statement so i told them reference number and they still cant find it but it is there.....

they emailed back saying to ring back bank so i did while on the way to work and confirmed everything, they tracked it to make sure and everythings fine...

come home from work to find a rejection email.... current work permit is up in 2 months...

what a load of bulls***....

I think its time they let people pay by credit card... Now Im absolutely screwed

I paid on the 13th as well and like you, received no emails so I emailed them on weds and received the exact same emails as u. Received the 'you have 24hours to contact your bank' etc...rang the bank thursday evening, they confirmed I paid, emailed the IEC to confirm this, received an email yesterday morning saying they still couldnt find it, at this stage I had 3hours left in that 24hour threshold and I was at my wits end. Ended up going into the bank and had to get the lady in AIB to email the IEC to confirm that I had paid. Eventually the IEC gave in and my application has gone onto 2nd phase. Their system is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Do Irish phones work in Canada assuming theyre unlocked?

kraggy wrote: »

yes. or at least mine did =)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

Hitch11 wrote: »
    I have received the email from the IEC looking for payment, but they never mentioned anything about me needing to send over the medical form. Do we need to send it over we havent done so already?

I just got that email too. People have said here earlier that they ask for medical form later but you can ignore it if the job you plan to do does not require it.

The IMM1295 form I have saved isnt validated so im not sure what to do, revalidate or just send it...Did you send yours?

I'm in the same boat. I know I did save it though when it was validated. Pain in the ass.
    Does anybody know what do to in this situation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Just looked at my family form and I left out the place of birth for my brother and sister

Doubt they'll fire it back to me over that

I didnt even notice that part of the form until you mentioned it, crap

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

kraggy wrote: »
    Depends on the network. Fido let you use gsm network, but the majority seem to be incompatible.

Any chance folks here could put down in simple format what stage of the process they are at with dates so that others can see what to expect?

e.g.
    Application received email - January xx
    Conditional offer with request for payment- xxxx
    Payment received email - xxxx
    LOI email - xxxx

It would be very helpful if you could all do that!

Thanks.

I'm out in Canada the past 17 months and sent in my application for my second IEC visa on the 11th of Jan.
    However the tracking number shows that it left Canada on the 13th but is not showing on the Royal Mail website.

Does anyone know if the 18 months condition is based on the date of application being sent or when it is finally received?

It's the date that they receive it. And as far as I know, that means the date it lands on someone's desk for processing, not the date that it entred their building.

Mine arrived in the building 3 weeks ago (I tracked the mail with EMS) and I haven't got an email yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Flat4Rent

Hi,

My I got the receipt email to say my forms were received on the 6th January.

On 17th January, I got the email to say....

'In the next two weeks, you will receive a follow-up email telling you whether or not you meet the IEC eligibility criteria. If you do, we will ask you to make your participation fee payment. All the instructions you need to make the payment will be provided in the email'

On the 26th January I got the email to say...

'We are pleased to inform you that your application to the International Experience Canada (IEC)2012 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday initiative meets the criteria and has been conditionally accepted. In order to continue processing your application, we now ask that you pay the IEC participation fee'

On the 27th of January - I made payment directly into the AIB Grafton Street account.

I am waiting to get receipt of payment.

Anyone know how long it takes between receipt of payment and when the letter of introduction is issued assuming all is in order ??

Thanks,

F

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

two weeks on the nail got the clearence cert

Advertisement