Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Flat4Rent wrote: »
    Hi,

My I got the receipt email to say my forms were received on the 6th January.

On 17th January, I got the email to say....

'In the next two weeks, you will receive a follow-up email telling you whether or not you meet the IEC eligibility criteria. If you do, we will ask you to make your participation fee payment. All the instructions you need to make the payment will be provided in the email'

On the 26th January I got the email to say...

'We are pleased to inform you that your application to the International Experience Canada (IEC)2012 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday initiative meets the criteria and has been conditionally accepted. In order to continue processing your application, we now ask that you pay the IEC participation fee'

On the 27th of January - I made payment directly into the AIB Grafton Street account.

I am waiting to get receipt of payment.

Anyone know how long it takes between receipt of payment and when the letter of introduction is issued assuming all is in order ??

Thanks,

F

Give it 7-8 days, if you haven't heard anything by then, e-mail them with the details of the transaction to ensure they received it in your name...

Too many people having issues with them claiming the name wasn't put in the reference...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

So I realised couple days ago that in the family form I never put down the country of birth for family members, even though none of them are coming with me anyway. Should I just assume I'll be rejected and reapply now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

FoosChic wrote: »
    So I realised couple days ago that in the family form I never put down the country of birth for family members, even though none of them are coming with me anyway. Should I just assume I'll be rejected and reapply now?

I didnt know what the UCI was so I left it blank, but because I am applying from within Canada the application said you had to provide proof of your legal status of the country youre apply from if it wasnt your country of residence so I put a copy of my current visa in there. Im hoping they will just look at my client ID on the copy of my visa....but Im in the sMe boat in wondering if I should reapply or just wait and see..... Did anyone else forget information and get their visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    I didnt know what the UCI was so I left it blank, but because I am applying from within Canada the application said you had to provide proof of your legal status of the country youre apply from if it wasnt your country of residence so I put a copy of my current visa in there. Im hoping they will just look at my client ID on the copy of my visa....but Im in the sMe boat in wondering if I should reapply or just wait and see..... Did anyone else forget information and get their visa?

What is the UCI? I left mine blank too...

clio_16v wrote: »
    What is the UCI? I left mine blank too...

Its your universal client ID, if youve already had a visa its the 8 digit number on your current / old visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I'd relax and see what happens

I did the exact same thing and I'm not too worried about it

I put in country of birth for my parents, but not siblings

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I'd relax and see what happens

I did the exact same thing and I'm not too worried about it

I put in country of birth for my parents, but not siblings

I didn't do it for either of them unfortunately. I emailed the IEC but didn't get any response. Hopefully will find out in next couple weeks maybe. How far into the process are you?

I didn't do it for either of them unfortunately. I emailed the IEC but didn't get any response. Hopefully will find out in next couple weeks maybe. How far into the process are you?

I mailed my app off from Vancouver about ten days ago and haven't heard a peep yet

will keep you updated when I do

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

kraggy wrote: »
    Any chance folks here could put down in simple format what stage of the process they are at with dates so that others can see what to expect?

e.g.
    Application received email - January xx
    Conditional offer with request for payment- xxxx
    Payment received email - xxxx
    LOI email - xxxx

It would be very helpful if you could all do that!

Thanks.

Sent my application on the 23rd December
    Received my application on 6th Jan.
    Conditionally Accepted on 10th Jan.
    Sent payment via. my AIB branch on the 13th Jan.
    Received the email to say that my Application has been passed onto 2nd phase on 27th Jan(i.e. payment was successful).

I mailed my app off from Vancouver about ten days ago and haven't heard a peep yet

will keep you updated when I do

Mines after getting into the 2nd stage so should hopefully hear soon enough what I'll have to do. I've applied for another garda cert anyway so at least I should have that on hand if I have to start from scratch

• Advertisement

Mines after getting into the 2nd stage so should hopefully hear soon enough what I'll have to do. I've applied for another garda cert anyway so at least I should have that on hand if I have to start from scratch

ah if you got past the first phase then you're grand

very little to worry about I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

I made similar mistake on family form. They've got me through the first phase. I'm going to send the corrected version of the form with the other one they request.

Has anyone here NOT had a problem with sending their payment? I have to send mine tomorrow through electronic transfer and frankly I'm wondering how much hassle this is going to be to make sure they get it - any tips on what I should be doing after I send it?

ah if you got past the first phase then you're grand

very little to worry about I'd say

But the IEC don't look at the family form, that goes to the visa section only isn't it?

Has anyone here NOT had a problem with sending their payment? I have to send mine tomorrow through electronic transfer and frankly I'm wondering how much hassle this is going to be to make sure they get it - any tips on what I should be doing after I send it?

Mine sent fine, just tell the person at the bank that you need the WTN in there somewhere along with your name, and make sure they spell your name properly, that delayed my friends application. I got the response email after 3 days, I sent mine on a tuesday as well and got the response email on the friday

Cool, good to hear at least one person got it off ok. I'm in Canada so can't really go to the bank, have to do it online through electronic transfer so hopefully it gives me the option to write in where it comes from etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Got my LOI in the email today, off to Buffalo tomorrow. Phew! At least I think it's my LOI..

Dear

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully.

You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above. If you have been issued a visa, you must also
    enter no later than the visa validity date.

This letter is not a passport or travel identification, and it is not a legal authorization permitting you to enter or
    remain in Canada.

To facilitate your arrival in Canada, inform the officer of the reason for your visit (study or work) and present this
    letter with your passport. United States citizens entering Canada from the U.S. may show proof of citizenship (a
    birth certificate or a naturalization certificate, and photo identification) instead of a passport. United States
    permanent residents entering Canada from the U.S. may show their “green card” instead of a passport and
    photo identification. Your passport or U.S. travel identification must be valid, and must be valid beyond the
    period you intend to remain in Canada. If it is not, the validity of your study or work permit will likely be limited to
    correspond to the validity date of your passport or U.S. travel identification.

In some provinces or territories, students and foreign workers are not eligible for public health insurance. You
    must ensure that you and any dependants have adequate health-care insurance or financial resources to cover
    possible contingencies. Further information is available from the ministry of health of the province or territory in
    which you intend to study or work.

If you have a work permit, please be aware that foreign workers are protected by labour and employment laws.
    You are entitled to work in a safe workplace where your health is protected. If an employer does not pay the
    wages to which you are entitled, you can file a complaint with the federal or provincial/territorial department
    responsible for employment standards.

IMM 5665 (07-2011) E GCMS

IMPORTANT: Regulations have established a maximum cumulative duration of four years that a Temporary
    Foreign Worker can work in Canada. After four years of work has been accumulated, a period of 48 months
    spent not working in Canada must elapse before another work permit can be issued, with some limited
    exceptions. You are encouraged to keep track of any time you have not worked in Canada and retain any
    documents which can prove the time which you did not work. For more information on this, please visit our
    Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

MJRS wrote: »
    Got my LOI in the email today, off to Buffalo tomorrow. Phew! At least I think it's my LOI..

When did you get the email to say you were being passed onto 2nd phase? ust wondering how long left I have to wait. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

MJRS wrote: »

What date did your application arrive and how long did things take after that?

Mine arrived in the High Commission on the 12th but I haven't even received acknowledgement of that yet. I only know because of tracking the mail.

Getting anxious now as I needed the LOI before the end of February. Doesn't look like that will happen now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

Hey guys, so I got my LOI email today and just wanted to give ye an idea of the processing time.

I sent in my application on the 23rd of Dec and received the email acknowledgment of the receipt of the documents on the 6th of Jan. I was conditionally accepted 4 days later on the 10th and paid the fee that day. They confirmed the receipt of the payment 6 days later on the 16th and that was the last piece of correspondence I received from them until today's good news. I hope this helps some of you.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 zizuzid

Hi everyone, below is a useful website for people planning on moving to Vancouver. I moved to Vancouver four years. I would encourage everyone to read the FAQ document and Step-by-Step guide provided by IEC. Almost every question is answered here so do yourself a big favour and read it carefully! Having your application rejected can cost you a few months!

http://www.moving2vancouver.ca/planning/applying-for-a-visa/

Finally, one additional resource is available for Irish people. An Irish Canadian Immigration Centre was set up a few weeks ago in Toronto and this office will be happy to field queries on visa process. See link below for contact details.

http://www.moving2vancouver.ca/lifestyle/irish-events-and-societies/

See you in Canada, email me at info@moving2vncouver.ca if you have any questions. We're not focused on helping people find jobs through using our network of contacts in the website. We have over 2400 Facebook friends who contribute information!

Ruairi

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

From the day mine arrived to the day I got the LOI (excluding their Xmas holidays), it was 30 days. Not bad going! The relief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

I went into AIB to pay the fee and when I asked them to put my WTN number in the Reference Line there was not enough space for all the the characters. I didnt know what to do so I left out the LDN part at the beginning.

A friend of mine had the same problem and he left out the dashes in between the characters and numbers.

Kind of worried that they wont be able to match them. Hoping they use a bit of common sense.

It was really straight forward besides that. Just brought the Letter and 105 in cash and they did it. But it would be worth finding out what exactly to do before you go in if this happens to you too...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    I went into AIB to pay the fee and when I asked them to put my WTN number in the Reference Line there was not enough space for all the the characters. I didnt know what to do so I left out the LDN part at the beginning.

A friend of mine had the same problem and he left out the dashes in between the characters and numbers.

Kind of worried that they wont be able to match them. Hoping they use a bit of common sense.

It was really straight forward besides that. Just brought the Letter and 105 in cash and they did it. But it would be worth finding out what exactly to do before you go in if this happens to you too...

You don't need to put LDN or WTN in the reference, just the number.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Hi Guys,
    I am trying to send on my IMM1295 PDF file.
    When i open it with Adobe its fine, but if i send it in an email say in Gmail and i try to open it in a other computer i get the below page... any one have the same problem?
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?attid=0.1&pid=gmail&thid=1353449ef757ca6e&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3D2%26ik%3D7e0ceaecfb%26view%3Datt%26th%3D1353449ef757ca6e%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26realattid%3Df_gy32401m0%26zw&docid=ca9dd08fef1eb3a9d28f679cab711b0a%7Cdb24b29817d02bd7325a70254b8589d9&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=800

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Mine has been sitting in London since January 9th, no email or nothing at all on confirmation its been received, never mind rejected (18 month thins). I have 5 weeks til my visa runs out, So i'm goin other avenues instead.

Goodbye IEC, thanks for nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

C@non wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I am trying to send on my IMM1295 PDF file.
    When i open it with Adobe its fine, but if i send it in an email say in Gmail and i try to open it in a other computer i get the below page... any one have the same problem?
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?attid=0.1&pid=gmail&thid=1353449ef757ca6e&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3D2%26ik%3D7e0ceaecfb%26view%3Datt%26th%3D1353449ef757ca6e%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26realattid%3Df_gy32401m0%26zw&docid=ca9dd08fef1eb3a9d28f679cab711b0a%7Cdb24b29817d02bd7325a70254b8589d9&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=800

It won't open in Google Docs or Chrome. It will work in Firefox/IE.

Wadju wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I got my LOI email today and just wanted to give ye an idea of the processing time.

I sent in my application on the 23rd of Dec and received the email acknowledgment of the receipt of the documents on the 6th of Jan. I was conditionally accepted 4 days later on the 10th and paid the fee that day. They confirmed the receipt of the payment 6 days later on the 16th and that was the last piece of correspondence I received from them until today's good news. I hope this helps some of you.

Good luck!

Did you get an email asking if you needed a medical? I was passed on to phase two last friday but havent received the medical form request yet. Tryin to figure out when that should be expected.

Thanks, and congratulations on getting you LOI!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Does your passport only need to be valid for 12 months from date of entry/activating the visa?

Thanks in advance!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

token101 wrote: »
    It won't open in Google Docs or Chrome. It will work in Firefox/IE.

I sent the PDF file to my self as a test on a other computer with Adobe reader 10 and it wont open.. and now my file has a lock on it as if there is some restriction.
    Has any one had any problems after they saved their IMM1295 copy?

Advertisement