Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Also do we need to send them Proof of payment at all? or they just find it by the reference number? the WTN Number?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    Did you get an email asking if you needed a medical? I was passed on to phase two last friday but havent received the medical form request yet. Tryin to figure out when that should be expected.

Thanks, and congratulations on getting you LOI!!

I got passed on to phase 2 on the 20th and still haven't received the medical email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Wadju

Did you get an email asking if you needed a medical? I was passed on to phase two last friday but havent received the medical form request yet. Tryin to figure out when that should be expected.

Thanks, and congratulations on getting you LOI!!

Yeah, I got an email about the medical 2 days after they told me my application was into phase 2. It basically says if you do not need a medical then do not reply to the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

I'm hoping someone here has some pearls of wisdom as to what I should next. Last Friday I received an email saying I have been rejected for the IEC 2012 due to the fact "IMM5645E 'Family Composition' form has not been included in your application package or missing signatures". Monday I got my application back in the mail. On the family form Section A it says to sign and date to "Certify I do not have a spouse or common law partner". As I am married and have indicated as such on the form I didn't sign that section but it has a highlighted line through it indicating that's what I missed!

Now I don't know if I should sign it anyway and send it back or fill out a new set of forms and not sign it again. I emailed as soon as I got it on Monday and have heard nothing back yet. We were hoping to leave by mid March so I dont want to go back to the start again especially if it's not my fault it was sent back to me!

Any ideas, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conor McGinn

Myself and My GF Applied for our visa Before christmas, and are still waiting to be approved, See my Blog:
    http://workingholidayincanada.com/blog/?p=13
    http://workingholidayincanada.com/blog/?p=147
    I have documented my experiences to date. Hopefully get our LOI in the next couple of days, I'm cracking up here, Aus Visa only took 1 Day to be approved. was hoping to be knee deep in POW by now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

tinyfox wrote: »
    I'm hoping someone here has some pearls of wisdom as to what I should next. Last Friday I received an email saying I have been rejected for the IEC 2012 due to the fact "IMM5645E 'Family Composition' form has not been included in your application package or missing signatures". Monday I got my application back in the mail. On the family form Section A it says to sign and date to "Certify I do not have a spouse or common law partner". As I am married and have indicated as such on the form I didn't sign that section but it has a highlighted line through it indicating that's what I missed!

Now I don't know if I should sign it anyway and send it back or fill out a new set of forms and not sign it again. I emailed as soon as I got it on Monday and have heard nothing back yet. We were hoping to leave by mid March so I dont want to go back to the start again especially if it's not my fault it was sent back to me!

Any ideas, anyone?

Were you "rejected" in the first phase (before paying) or second phase (after being passed on to CIC)? Is your husband coming with you to Canada? I wonder if you still have to sign if they are NOT coming with you? like "I certify that I don't not have a spouse or common law partner....accompanying me?" so silly how vague they are. Let us know if they reply via email....sorry that happened, hopefully it all gets sorted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

Does anybody have an email address for the IEC in which to contact them regarding the payment. I have not received any confirmation of payment and its been about five working days. Any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conor McGinn

Just wait a couple of days longer, It took us about that, I'll bet they will email next week. I emailed them twice and they don't rely.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Hitch11 wrote: »
    Does anybody have an email address for the IEC in which to contact them regarding the payment. I have not received any confirmation of payment and its been about five working days. Any help would be great

Email them asap and put 'URGENT' in the subject line. I never received an email either and they were unable to find my payment, thank god they found it in the end but email them straight away to make sure.

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ok,

I've emailed them twice with no response. I don't know whether my application is cancelled or they have found my payment but either way they have not informed me as to what's going on. This level of service is just awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jesus they really seem to have made a holy balls of everything this year

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Helix wrote: »
    jesus they really seem to have made a holy balls of everything this year

It's a joke isn't it?

Like the amount of people who sent off their apps in early Jan that haven't heard a peep yet

Mine's gone two weeks now, so should be just another two or three before they acknowledge they have it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ciankid22

It's pretty funny if you look a the updates on the website on the numbers of visas remaining. It was about 4080 on the 26th of January and now its gone up to 5026. A lot of people getting their applications sent back for silly reasons!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Ciankid22 wrote: »
    It's pretty funny if you look a the updates on the website on the numbers of visas remaining. It was about 4080 on the 26th of January and now its gone up to 5026. A lot of people getting their applications sent back for silly reasons!!!

Best one I've seen so far is the guy whose girlfriend included a cheque with her app

Rather than rip it up and accept the app, they sent it back to her

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems emailing the IMM 1295 form? I have the saved form with all my details in it, but there is no reference number or anything. I forgot to save it after I had validated and printed the form. The printed out version that I sent them of course had a reference number along with the barcodes and all that.

I have scanned copies of this form. Any point in sending them these copies along with the PDF version (withouth a reference number)?

Also, this PDF version we send doesnt have to have a signature on it does it? Because then we'd have to send scanned copies anyway?

A tad confused :(

I'm yet to hear that they've received anything, I'm just worring myself along with the rest of you I guess!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems emailing the IMM 1295 form? I have the saved form with all my details in it, but there is no reference number or anything. I forgot to save it after I had validated and printed the form. The printed out version that I sent them of course had a reference number along with the barcodes and all that.

I have scanned copies of this form. Any point in sending them these copies along with the PDF version (withouth a reference number)?

Also, this PDF version we send doesnt have to have a signature on it does it? Because then we'd have to send scanned copies anyway?

I'm yet to hear that they've received anything, I'm just worring myself along with the rest of you I guess!

I dont think there is a reference number on that IMM1295 Form.. i think you are thinking of the other forms.
    All that shows is the barcodes and if its validated or not.
    All you have to make sure if that when you send the PDF file you you rename it from IMM1295 to the WTN number they give you in the email.

I think what they do is print it out and if you look at the end of one of the pages it says "For office use" they just print it out and use it as reference.. i send them a scanned version too as back up.. but i dont think the signature really matters for this part its only the first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Oh right! cool! thanks for that. I'm becoming obsessed with this forum. The amount of things that are going wrong for people! Nothing seems to be going right!

Best of luck with yours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Hey guys

So funny you just wrote this as I was having the exact same panic this morning... we sent my boyfriends off last night and I just realized I didn't save it after I validated it either, or else it didn't work properly.. can't believe I would have messed that up..

I was thinking I would just scan it and send it as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Ciankid22 wrote: »

yeah the number going up and down like that is making me more nervous! I probably checked over the forms about 100 times and I still feel like I probably did something wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamie205

retalivity wrote: »
    Mine has been sitting in London since January 9th, no email or nothing at all on confirmation its been received, never mind rejected (18 month thins). I have 5 weeks til my visa runs out, So i'm goin other avenues instead.

Goodbye IEC, thanks for nothing!!

what other avenues are you going to try?? im faced with a similar result as they denied my application for applying under the wrong initiative! no idea what that means and they wont respond to my emails !!! tough times!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ciankid22

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Best one I've seen so far is the guy whose girlfriend included a cheque with her app

Rather than rip it up and accept the app, they sent it back to her

Ha, you'd think with a bit of common sense that they would just send the cheque back and process her app!! That kind of sh*t just makes a lot more work for themselves I would think but sure ya never know whats going on over there. I'm sure there will be a lot more stranger scenarios with applications being sent back!! I'm nearly thinking of applying for next years visa all ready! I might just get it in time for 2013!! ha!!

Were you "rejected" in the first phase (before paying) or second phase (after being passed on to CIC)? Is your husband coming with you to Canada? I wonder if you still have to sign if they are NOT coming with you? like "I certify that I don't not have a spouse or common law partner....accompanying me?" so silly how vague they are. Let us know if they reply via email....sorry that happened, hopefully it all gets sorted out!

I was rejected in the first phase before payment and my husband is going to which I also indicated in the form. 5 mins after I got my rejection email, he got the please pay etc etc email. We sent his off and I emailed them again the same email with "urgent" in the subject line but as of yet to no avail. I have another set of forms ready to go but don't know how long to wait for a response from them before I send in a new application??

If I hear anything back I'll let ye guys know. Good luck to everyone else having issues as well!

Ugh!! This is torture :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 The Fox

Hey guys,

I just got email requesting payment yay. What do I put in the subject field of the mail when I send on my IMM1295 anyone know? So it's doesn't get lost with the rest of them. My WTN number?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

The Fox wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I just got email requesting payment yay. What do I put in the subject field of the mail when I send on my IMM1295 anyone know? So it's doesn't get lost with the rest of them. My WTN number?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

Email them asap and put 'URGENT' in the subject line. I never received an email either and they were unable to find my payment, thank god they found it in the end but email them straight away to make sure.

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

I am in the same boat, received the email and made the payment on the 27th. Might be a bit early to be getting worried.

Just did what you suggested anyway, but did they reply to you or they just figured it out?

Just got an email back from them

"As there is no appeal process for a refused IEC application, our best recommendation would be that you prepare and submit a new application forms package. You can re-include the supporting documentation (police certificate, etc.) but the IEC and CIC application forms should be new."

So they screwed up and I get sent to the back of the line :mad:. Sent another package out in the post this morning so here's hoping I have good news in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Shad

Hi, got a quick question. All the forms are filled out, sending them tomorrow, but I realised that I'm not sure on two parts. When filling in work details, I put down Unknown and Unknown under job I will be doing and duties it will require. Also, do I mark it down as a visiting or working visa?

I know these questions have already been asked, but I can't check the thread properly because I'm at work (lunch break, wasted time trying to find a place for passport photos, no time to check the thread) and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Can someone tell me where I can find the CIC number? I have to email them by Austrailian Police Cert and they are asking for my WTN and my CIC number....I have my WTN but not the other.... Help asap please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

Hey All,
    Sent my application package of and they recieved it 3 weeks ago today. Still havent got any confirmation e-mail and getting extremely impatient..
    How long has everybody else been waiting? i no it arrived at there office on the 12th because I tracked the post, and checked my email about ten times a day for the following week thinking id get confirmation a day or two later :o.........
    Should I just relax or start investigating the wereabouts of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

macJc wrote: »
    Hey All,
    Sent my application package of and they recieved it 3 weeks ago today. Still havent got any confirmation e-mail and getting extremely impatient..
    How long has everybody else been waiting? i no it arrived at there office on the 12th because I tracked the post, and checked my email about ten times a day for the following week thinking id get confirmation a day or two later :o.........

I am exactly the same. Same dates it arrived, no email or nothing yet.
    I dont know what can possibly be done, someone mentioned to email them with URGENT in the headline, but I don't know how successful that would be

Advertisement