Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

MJRS wrote: »
    Nope, visitor status is six months, just got it two weeks ago without asking for it. No proof of funding either!

excellent

chap i know was refused 6 months before on the basis of funding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bertocon

Can anyone please tell me how quick those sh**heads are at sending back a rejected application??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ciankid22

Bertocon wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how quick those sh**heads are at sending back a rejected application??? :mad:

I got mine back within 2 days of the email!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Ciankid22 wrote: »
    When did you post your forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I haven't even gotten an email to tell me if it was cancelled.

Zero communication from them at all. Beyond ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement

I haven't even gotten an email to tell me if it was cancelled.

Zero communication from them at all. Beyond ridiculous at this stage.
    so they just returned your forms?? Thats odd!!!!! We sent our forms on Jan 17th, and have had no word back, so hard to be in limbo...

Nope no forms.

Does anyone know when the 8 weeks processing time starts? is it from when you get your confirmation email or from when you sent your forms?!!

When did you post your forms?

Posted them on the 4th of Jan, got the receipt email on the 25th of Jan, rejection email on the 27th and forms back on the Monday the 30th and new application in on the 30th. Playing the waiting game again!

8 weeks start when they send you the receipt email. The time it takes you to make payment is taken out of the process time so it might take 9 to 10 weeks. Ya never know with this crowd.

Posted them on the 4th of Jan, got the receipt email on the 25th of Jan, rejection email on the 27th and forms back on the Monday the 30th and new application in on the 30th. Playing the waiting game again!

8 weeks start when they send you the receipt email. The time it takes you to make payment is taken out of the process time so it might take 9 to 10 weeks. Ya never know with this crowd.
    aw thats crap!!!! i really wanted to leave in May. Have to give 4 weeks notice in work....did they tell you why your forms were rejected?

• Advertisement

aw thats crap!!!! i really wanted to leave in May. Have to give 4 weeks notice in work....did they tell you why your forms were rejected?

Missed a signature on the family form, silly silly mistake by me. Still going to head over on a tourist visa though for a month or so and hopefully by then I will have my LOI. Heading back to a ski resort I worked for last season so getting a bit of a ski holiday in before start working in Vancouver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

macJc wrote: »
    Hey All,
    Sent my application package of and they recieved it 3 weeks ago today. Still havent got any confirmation e-mail and getting extremely impatient..
    How long has everybody else been waiting? i no it arrived at there office on the 12th because I tracked the post, and checked my email about ten times a day for the following week thinking id get confirmation a day or two later :o.........
    Should I just relax or start investigating the wereabouts of it?

I'm in the exact situation (mine was delivered on the 13th of jan).... seriously thinking of just applying with usit all over again :mad:

Missed a signature on the family form, silly silly mistake by me. Still going to head over on a tourist visa though for a month or so and hopefully by then I will have my LOI. Heading back to a ski resort I worked for last season so getting a bit of a ski holiday in before start working in Vancouver!
    OH that sounds like a good idea. How do you activate your working visa when you need to? Head over the border and activate your visa when you enter Canada again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Assuming yours arrived on the 5th of January, how the hell did it take them 3 weeks to send you back confirmation that they received it. You would have ahead of the crowd because most people would have been distracted with Christmas and New Year.

So it's not like their desks would have been bombarded with applications just yet.

They must have only a small group of people working on the applications. Mine was sent more than 4 weeks ago this Thursday (12th) and no reply at all yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

I got my payment accepted today, here are my details for anyone interested:

4th Jan -Application sent from Ireland, regular post.
    24th Jan - Email stating my application was received in London.
    27th Jan - Email asking for payment.
    27th Jan - Payment made and Work Permit email sent.
    6th Feb - Payment accepted and application forwarded to Visa Section.

From what others have said, all going well, I should get a medical email in the next 2 days and the LOI email in around 2 weeks. (Hopefully!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

Has anyone managed to get a reply to their email from this crowd recently? I paid on the 24th and I've heard nothing from them. I sent two emails last week enquiring. I'm getting really nervous when I see for example the above poster who paid after me and has received confirmation. I sent my application in before Christmas thinking I would be getting in early but they don't seem to be processed on a first come first served basis as they promised.

I'm so curious to see if the people who have paid but were told it was never recieved get a refund eventually!

I was checking out the IEC group on facebook for the UK and people don't seem to be reporting so much trouble with the applications as they do here. I wonder if it's a different process.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    I got my payment accepted today, here are my details for anyone interested:

4th Jan -Application sent from Ireland, regular post.
    24th Jan - Email stating my application was received in Paris.
    27th Jan - Email asking for payment.
    27th Jan - Payment made and Work Permit email sent.
    6th Feb - Payment accepted and application forwarded to London.

From what others have said, all going well, I should get a medical email in the next 2 days and the LOI email in around 2 weeks. (Hopefully!)
    Why did you send it to paris first thought it was london??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

namrod28 wrote: »
    Why did you send it to paris first thought it was london??:confused:

My apologies, sent to London.

Well, they finally got back to me.

I've been passed on to the second stage! :D

Guess when you pester them and complain over unclear instructions they show a little common sense!

cally112 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

just a quick question! I sent off my application on the 17th of Jan by registered post. They definitely got it, judging by the tracking online. I still haven't received an e-mail confirming they have though! How long did it take people to receive this e-mail?

It'll be three weeks this monday when it was sent!

Thanks! :D
    We got our confirmation email today :) did you hear anything yet?

• Advertisement

Well, they finally got back to me.

I've been passed on to the second stage! :D

Guess when you pester them and complain over unclear instructions they show a little common sense!
    excellent news! we got our confirmation email today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

cally112 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

just a quick question! I sent off my application on the 17th of Jan by registered post. They definitely got it, judging by the tracking online. I still haven't received an e-mail confirming they have though! How long did it take people to receive this e-mail?

It'll be three weeks this monday when it was sent!

Thanks! :D
    We got our confirmation email today :) did you hear anything yet?

Oh thats good news!! Congrats! We ve heard nothin yet but hopefully this evenin or tomorrow!! Thanks for lettin me know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

I posted my app from Toronto on 6th January. I've not heard one word from IEC and Canada Post Tracking still just says that my package has left Canada. My friend posted hers the day before me from different post office in TO and in the same boat. Very very frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Hi everyone, posted separate applications off on the 7th Jan, one for my girlfriend and one for myself, havent heard a thing from them yet! I sent an email on the 29th Jan to ask if they recieved either of the applications and have recieved no reply to that either, seems like a flawed system, I'm going through usit so had to book my flights ahead of getting the visa, doubt I'll be catching the flight on the 27th March at this rate, bit reassuring to hear everyone is having the same problems, just hope they don't lose my payment like other peoples...anyone have success contacting them by phone or email or know anyway to light a fire under them?

OH that sounds like a good idea. How do you activate your working visa when you need to? Head over the border and activate your visa when you enter Canada again??

Ya just going to head to the border. Its about 45 minutes from Vancouver and should take about an hour and a half with immigration!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Received notice of receipt there 30 mins ago, nice to have some confirmation I'm in system anyway. Took about 3 weeks since sent to London...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Teebco wrote: »
    I posted my app from Toronto on 6th January. I've not heard one word from IEC and Canada Post Tracking still just says that my package has left Canada. My friend posted hers the day before me from different post office in TO and in the same boat. Very very frustrating :(

I'm in a similar boat with Canada Post, mine left Canada according to their tracking on January 21st, and I haven't heard a peep since

last status of the package was "Left Canada"

The postal service here is absolutely brutal

I got the email saying they couldn't reconcile my payment today(two weeks after I paid). I got onto the bank and spent 2 hours on to 5 different people when eventually they agreed to send IEC an email on my behalf confirming the payment had been made and received. I just got an email from London to say I was passed into the next phase.

I sent my app in on December 23rd thinking I was getting in early but it seems they're not processed in the order they came in. Talk about frayed nerves!

For those of you who are awaiting confirmation that their application has been received. It took them almost a month to send acknowledgement that they had received my app.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

cameragal wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a reply to their email from this crowd recently? I paid on the 24th and I've heard nothing from them. I sent two emails last week enquiring. I'm getting really nervous when I see for example the above poster who paid after me and has received confirmation. I sent my application in before Christmas thinking I would be getting in early but they don't seem to be processed on a first come first served basis as they promised.

I'm so curious to see if the people who have paid but were told it was never recieved get a refund eventually!

I was checking out the IEC group on facebook for the UK and people don't seem to be reporting so much trouble with the applications as they do here. I wonder if it's a different process.

Did you pay using your bank account?

I did, and my payment was processed no problem. My GF didn't, she used her mothers bank a/c to send the payment, and done everything else the same as me, but there was issues with her payment, and she sent them an e-mail saying the a/c number the money was sent from and dates etc... and they found the payment and processed from there :)

• Advertisement

Hi Sync, I did pay from my own bank account. I put my WTN number in the receivers field also as instructed. I paid at a bank kiosk in my local branch and I had a receipt from it. I know a few other people had problems with their payment. There was a girl earlier in this thread who had difficulties similar to mine. I remebered that she finally got it resolved when she asked her bank to send an email to IEC because they weren't accepting other written proof. I followed her lead and begged my bank to do it too. They were very unwilling at first, but gave in after a lot of persistance! I can't tell if the screw up is on their side or the bank's.

Good luck to you and your girlfriend with the rest of the app process.

Advertisement