Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

My girlfriend has just received a email there saying that they have not received the 105euros within the allocated time even though we sent it back on Jan 18th. I sent it off my account (as i am an AIB customer so would go straight through) and the money exited my account the next day. We had her name and WTN number is as a reference on the transaction. This is the exact same thing that I did a few days earlier and mine went through perfectly. She sent a follow up email on the 30th of Jan wondering was it ok and heard nothing back until the rejection letter today! What a joke.

She has sent a email back to them attaching the follow up letter and a screen shot of a bank statement showing the money exiting my account (nearly three weeks ago!). The initial 105 euro is AWOL and has not come back into my account and now they want us to start the whole process again with police cert etc.

Anyone any suggestions on what we should do?

By getting your bank to send a email to the IEC, has your payment now been accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

cmac get on to your bank tomorrow and try to get them to send an email on your behalf. It took a lot of persistance and they weren't willing to do this for me initially but eventually a girl in my own branch did. I'm an AIB customer too and it was from my own account so I don't think it was because the payment didn't come from her account. My bank told me that even though I had entered my WTN number it wasn't showing up on their system but the payment was received in the embassy's account, they were able to track it. They also said that the name of the account holder doesn't show up when they receive it into their account so all they see is the reference you add to it yourself. I got worried when it went past my deadline date for payment and sent them a couple of emails. It took them a week to reply to my last one of those though. I really don't know what's going on maybe AIB is screwing up. It shouldn't be so difficult the see the details of a payment that goes from one AIB account to another. This is all terribly messy.

The best of luck

Yeah they eventually came back to me after they received the email fom AIB and told me I'd been passed through to the next phase.

Thanks for the infomation and ill get onto my bank tomorrow so. What exactly did you get the bank to send to the IEC?

• Advertisement

The girl in the bank just wrote that she was confirming that the money had gone from my account to theirs and the number I had put down as a reference (my WTN number). Ask them to tell you what reference number attached to the payment shows up on their system (the whole WTN number you entered may not be showing up for example).

Has your girlfriend actually received a rejection email? I got an email asking me to supply this information within 24 hours.

Let us know how you get on anyway

Thanks again

She received a rejection email on the grounds that they had not received payment. Did anyone else receive this email and if so what have they done since?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

It better be worth all this stress!!!!!:eek:

So she didn't even get the email giving her 24 hours to send proof of payment just a rejection! That's terrible! I think it should still work for you anyway because there is payment sitting in their account from her doing nothing. They will have to acknowledge this payment at some stage, and if they try to refund they are admitting that is was received! They may be slow this year but I don't think they would try to rob us so try not to worry because I'm sure it will get sorted (says the girl who was tearing her hair out earlier today:P)

It better be worth all this stress!!!!!:eek:

I know! There better be maple syrup flowing from the taps there!

• Advertisement

cameragal wrote: »
    I know! There better be maple syrup flowing from the taps there!
    hahaha I like your thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

Cally112
    Hey im in the same boat
    Sent my application on the 9th (from ireland) and it delivered to them on the 12th of Jan. Havent heard a word from them either. It be 4 weeks this thursday and im gettin really pi88ed of :(. Feels like its just been ignored at the end of a pile some where...:mad: Keep thinking I wrote the wrong address and questionin what did I do wrong but im 110% everything was prefect!
    Let me know if you recieve anything from them... slooooooooooow bunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

retalivity wrote: »
    I am exactly the same. Same dates it arrived, no email or nothing yet.
    I dont know what can possibly be done, someone mentioned to email them with URGENT in the headline, but I don't know how successful that would be
    Have you gotten word yet? did you try e-mail them? Im still in the same position!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My bank wouldn't email them I had to get a tracer statement faxed to me, I scanned it and emailed it to them.

The whole payment system is a joke, they need to give clear and precise instructions to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RuskYYY

Hi guys,

Sorry for being lazy but this thread is too long to read.

When will it be too late to apply for the visa?

Long story - short, I am not eligible to apply just yet.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

excellent news! we got our confirmation email today :D

You posted yours on the 17th, right?

Ours ARRIVED in the High Commission on the 12th but not even an acknowledgement yet.

We know that they arrived with tracking. But no acknowledgement email.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_E_M

Hey all just thought this bit of info might be handy for those of you who posted your applications from Canada via registered post.

I got fed up of my tracking saying item has arrived in a foreign country so I rang royal mail and they confirmed it was delivered when I gave then the tracking number.

I posted mine from Canada on January 12th and it was delivered on the 18th. Still no acknowledgment of receipt but at least you can find out if they have it!!

How long after they say they received payment from you do you get the LOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

kraggy wrote: »
    How long after they say they received payment from you do you get the LOI?

I was wondering the same so I private messaged a couple of people.

It seems to be anywhere from 10 to 15 days. Not too bad considering how long the other stages take.

Finaly got a receipt email from them just now.

My application arrived in London on January 12th
    Got acknowledgement email today February 7th.

Maybe it would be an idea for everyone to put updates on their application process in bold, whether it be acknowledgment email/payment successful/receipt of LOI so that people can skim through the thread for comparison with their own application.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    You posted yours on the 17th, right?

Ours ARRIVED in the High Commission on the 12th but not even an acknowledgement yet.

We know that they arrived with tracking. But no acknowledgement email.
    glad you got the email. its supposed to be first come first serve, im not sure what they are playing at!

Has anyone successfully paid for their IEC by getting someone else to do the transfer from a different account e.g. boyfriend, brother etc?

I'm in Korea and I'm gonna ask my brother to pay from his AIB account at home. Should it be ok?

Anyone done this?

What exactly is involved? Is it just a matter of filling out a form, putting the WTN in the reference field and paying someone in the bank 105 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I got an email earlier too, mine was in London on Jan 10th, acknowledgement received today Feb 7th. Will send a notfication within 2 weeks if im eligible, then passed on to the next phase.

Luckily, ive moved on to other options, rather than messing around with these folks for much longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

retalivity wrote: »
    I got an email earlier too, mine was in London on Jan 10th, acknowledgement received today Feb 7th. Will send a notfication within 2 weeks if im eligible, then passed on to the next phase.

Luckily, ive moved on to other options, rather than messing around with these folks for much longer...

Whats the other options ? USIT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Spunge wrote: »
    Whats the other options ? USIT ?

Usit & the IEC are the exact same. Only difference is your paying someone a lot more money to fill out the forms for you.

I can get a common law partner work permit through my gf who is an international student. nice loophole i found...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Application Sent (from Ireland) : Monday Jan 9th
    Receipt from IEC : Tues Jan 7th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i got rejected today as well i sent payment and all, directly to their account and all!! i mean what the F*ck!!
    they are sending this back and all now... the only difference is that i couldnt include all the lines inbetween my reference number like LDNIE12WHPxxxxxx instead of LDN-IE-12-WHP-xxxxxx

And now my 105 euro is lost?? what a load of Crap!! seriously.. i have untill the end of march before i have to leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I think I read they are recommending to people to take the LDN bit out of the info

That way it will fit it

They just need the remaining numbers and letters to reconcile the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Has anyone who applied for their second working holiday received their LOI yet?

• Advertisement

C@non wrote: »
    i got rejected today as well i sent payment and all, directly to their account and all!! i mean what the F*ck!!
    they are sending this back and all now... the only difference is that i couldnt include all the lines inbetween my reference number like LDNIE12WHPxxxxxx instead of LDN-IE-12-WHP-xxxxxx

And now my 105 euro is lost?? what a load of Crap!! seriously.. i have untill the end of march before i have to leave!!

The same thing happened to me. I left the dashes out too. I called my bank and got them to send an email on my behalf and it worked. They passed me through to the next phase. I'd recommend you do this too. This has has happened to so many people this year. We couldn't all be screwing up. Hopefully they will realise this soon and change the process/their instructions.

Advertisement