Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

cameragal wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me. I left the dashes out too. I called my bank and got them to send an email on my behalf and it worked. They passed me through to the next phase. I'd recommend you do this too. This has has happened to so many people this year. We couldn't all be screwing up. Hopefully they will realise this soon and change the process/their instructions.

Can you pm me and let me know what you did exactly? and who you contacted? my mum did the payment for me and went to the bank directly, did you just get the bank to email them at re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca ?and most important it happened to me today so if i do this they will email it tomorrow will this be to late? did you email the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

retalivity wrote: »
    Usit & the IEC are the exact same. Only difference is your paying someone a lot more money to fill out the forms for you.

I can get a common law partner work permit through my gf who is an international student. nice loophole i found...

Hey, just wondering how you came across the common law partner work permit? I've applied for the IEC over 3 weeks ago, still no word. But my boyfriend is canadian so I'm wondering for next year how to go about it a different way.The IEC is a bit of a joke to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hey, just wondering how you came across the common law partner work permit? I've applied for the IEC over 3 weeks ago, still no word. But my boyfriend is canadian so I'm wondering for next year how to go about it a different way.The IEC is a bit of a joke to say the least.

I spoke to a lwayer, told him my situation, he came back with this.
    To qualify as common law, you need to have been together for more than a year, and have proof i.e. shared bills, lease on apartments, bank accounts, etc.
    My gf isnt canadian but is studying here, so i can get a work permit to support her while she's in college. After 2 years working, I can apply for residency. As your bf is canadian, i believe you can straight for residency....more here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

retalivity wrote: »
    I spoke to a lwayer, told him my situation, he came back with this.
    To qualify as common law, you need to have been together for more than a year, and have proof i.e. shared bills, lease on apartments, bank accounts, etc.
    My gf isnt canadian but is studying here, so i can get a work permit to support her while she's in college. After 2 years working, I can apply for residency. As your bf is canadian, i believe you can straight for residency....more here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Thanks for the info. I suppose i really should have looked into it a lot more before going with the IEC. We wouldn't really have any proof that we were together the past year though because we were travelling around Oz the whole year. Got to hang on to all the paper work now for next year, just incase! Thanks again. Good luck with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I think I read they are recommending to people to take the LDN bit out of the info

That way it will fit it

They just need the remaining numbers and letters to reconcile the payment
    is that what you did? leave the LDN out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I haven't got my receipt email off them yet, just read on the British Expats forum that somebody did this and they were accepted

I haven't got my receipt email off them yet, just read on the British Expats forum that somebody did this and they were accepted
    ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

Yeeey:D Finally got my letter of reciept:D

macJc wrote: »

when did you post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

macJc wrote: »

Nice one! Sent mine on the 9th aswell, I hope I get something tomorrow........not gonna hold my breath though

• Advertisement

when did you post it?

I posted it on the 9th Jan

It was delivered on the 12th of Jan

Letter of reciept recieved today 7th of feb

Posted 17th Jan
    Confirmation email 6th Feb

I only posted from Van on Jan 18th, so looks like another week or two wait for me!

I only posted from Van on Jan 18th, so looks like another week or two wait for me!
    Looks like its starting to speed up abit! My friend sent theres on the same day and got the e-mail at the same time today aswell. Looks like a lot of ppl on here got theres too in the last 2days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can some folk do another thing to help solve the confusion about the payment?

Can those who have paid say whether or not their payment was successful and also, what you put down as the reference?

E.g

Successfull payment: LDNIE-WTN....

or

Unsuccessful Payment: LDNIE....

It would really, really help!

Also, did anyone who successfully paid get someone else to do the transfer e.g. from a partner/sibling/parent's account?

i.e. do you have to do the transfer from your own account?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

kraggy wrote: »
    Can some folk do another thing to help solve the confusion about the payment?

Can those who have paid say whether or not their payment was successful and also, what you put down as the reference?

E.g

Successfull payment: LDNIE-WTN....

or

It would really, really help!

Also, did anyone who successfully paid get someone else to do the transfer e.g. from a partner/sibling/parent's account?

i.e. do you have to do the transfer from your own account?

My payment was from my account, for the reference I used my WTN number:

so: "LDN-IE-..." was my reference

My girlfriends payment was from her parent's account, information was added the same way as my payment... and her payment was not found until she e-mailed them explaining the payment was sent from a/c number etc..etc..

Hope that helps!

I got rejected today so dont do the above!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Got rejected for non payment of the IEC payment yesterday even though I made the full payment two weeks ago. It turns out my TD Bank never used the WTN in the reference section and I told them it was important to include it. I have to start the process all over again. :mad:

C@non wrote: »

I got rejected today so dont do the above!!

So basically, you didn't put hyphens in between digits?

kraggy wrote: »
    So basically, no didn't put hyphens in between digits?

Basically if you want to do it rite with out any problems put all the Hyphens in between or they will reject your application.

the best advice i can give everyone is to do it online with your irish bank account because at the bank directly they have no room for the dashes in between but if you do it online or by transfer you are able to fill it in.

• Advertisement

C@non wrote: »
    Basically if you want to do it rite with out any problems put all the Hyphens in between or they will reject your application.

the best advice i can give everyone is to do it online with your irish bank account because at the bank directly they have no room for the dashes in between but if you do it online or by transfer you are able to fill it in.

Would it be possible to do it over 24 hour Phone Banking I wonder?

Might give them a ring.

Edit: just rang them. Don't have a card reader (Aib security feature) so can't do it over the phone or on the internet.

The levels of security are getting a bit too much/preventative.

No idea, i have gone online with bank of ireland just now to add a new payee and they just don't want to accept the bank details for the visa payment.
    i'll have to phone them in the morning too from canada.
    So i am ready for attempt number 2 of my application.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colinLFC

Bertocon wrote: »
    Even tho ive sent them proof that my payment was made exactly how they requested, and had my bank to trace it and confirm it reached the account, they sent me a rejection letter on the grounds of non payment and will not respond to my emails.

If I need to reapply, I have to wait for my police cert to be sent to me in canada and i was wondering how quick after the rejection did anyone receive their applications back???

At this stage, after all the bullsh** ive been through with these ignorant people, somethings telling me canada can go f*** itsself. why have these idiots such a messed up system when Australian visas can be issued in a number of days? less than 24 hours if british...

Does anyone know how long my rejected application should be?

Also if i reapply how do i change the way i make payment next time when i did everything perfect and it wasnt good enough?

Exact same for me.. here in Canada and have te re-apply because they "didnt receive my payment"... What a joke...
    Another my friends got rejected and received his application back (to Canada) within about 10-14 days..

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

MrThrifty wrote: »
    Ha ha... The IEC scheme administrators are a joke... They refuse to offer a phone number for enquiries and ignore practically all emails sent to them. Big issue which I suspect has caught them out is that they decided they didn't need any proof of payment but didn't have the intelligence to request that people put some sort of identifying description against the electronic payment. Now they have a mess - lots of payments that they don't know who they belong to. Pure idiots! I'd love to drop into the London embassy and say this directly to them.

Well, what did I say?! For those wondering how to guarantee that the payment gets accepted, simply either use your name as a reference assuming you're not called something like John Smith or else use your WTN but make sure the last digits are included since they are the only relevant ones.

@Kraggy -> There's no problem doing the payment from someone else's account so long as the description for the transaction is as above.

I love the way the IEC administrators just reject everyone whose payment they can't confirm even though they know that 99% of them did actually pay! I.e. say they got 500 payments that they don't know who they are from but received 510 IMM1295 forms via email, that means only 10 people really did not put the payment through. I suppose if they were to contact people then they'd have to admit to being idiots in terms of not specifying what description people should put against the payment. By the way, there's no way people are going to lose their money - the IEC has to either accept it or return it after proof is provided since otherwise it would almost be fraudulent.
    Prize idiots... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

I don't have an AIB account so I went into a random branch with the 105e cash and put it straight into their account. So it shouldn't matter who does the payment as long as the name is right.

I used my WTN without the LDN part at the start, e.g. IE-12-WHP-XXXXXX.

My friend did the same except he left out the dashes, e.g. LDNIE12WHPXXXXXX.

Both of our payments got accepted after 10 days.

After a week of paying I started to get nervous so I emailed them again with URGENT in the title and marked it important, as someone in this forum suggested. I explained what was in my payment reference and that I felt I had done everything correctly.

When I got my payment acceptance email I text my friend and he hadnt. He emailed them the same way as I did and within the hour his payment was accepted. I dont know if this was just a coincidence but I would suggest emailing them before the 12 days run out.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

I did it by transfer. I put my whole WTN number in but without the dashes as there wasn't enough space unless I left the dashes out

e.g. LDNIEXXXXXXXX

I got an email saying they couldn't reconcile my payment. I rang the bank and they said that the last couple of digits didn't show up on their system against the payment. I guess it was a bank problem because I did enter them for sure. I got the bank to email then and they accepted it.

As MRTHRIFTY said they will have to acknowledge all these payment they have at the moment at some stage because they won't rob us. This is such a mess this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Unsuccesful payment: LDN-IE-.......

To be honest, I don't think putting in the dashes or leaving them out really matters. From reading this forum, people have done either or and alot are still getting rejected. Also, alot of people who have done the transfer online seem to be getting rejected and sending screenshots to prove you made the payment doesn't help.

My advice would be to do it in your local branch, use your WTN number but leave out LDN and just ensure the 0000XX number at the end is in the reference box as this is your number.

Wouldve been much easier if the IEC made it clear what exactly they wanted in the reference box instead of us all guessing!

Hey guys,

Finally got my confirmation of appliaction email today :) relief!

SENT Friday 13th Jan
    RECEIVED CONFIRMATION Wednesday 8th Feb

Just to give others waiting an idea of how long it's taking. Fingers crossed they dont mess up anything because im flying over on Sunday :D

Apparently it seems that a lot of payments have or havent been going to the France account.. so they were unable to find the payments made.. and in some cases the last 3 numbers were missing.
    And this seems to be a embassy issue on how they have set up things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Hey guys,

Finally got my confirmation of appliaction email today :) relief!

SENT Friday 13th Jan
    RECEIVED CONFIRMATION Wednesday 8th Feb

Just to give others waiting an idea of how long it's taking. Fingers crossed they dont mess up anything because im flying over on Sunday :D

Yr flying over on Sunday? Presumably as a tourist?

Advertisement