Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Hi All

Just wondering has anyone actually received there LOI? and if so how long was it after the medical email that you received it?

Reason I ask is my application is on second phase and I got an email on 27th January about a medical (which I do not have to do).

So just wondering how long it took after the medical email?? THANKS

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Yr flying over on Sunday? Presumably as a tourist?

Yes I'm just going out as a tourist. Will head over the border then once i receive my Letter of Introduction. Keeping my eyes and ears peeled for work. Hoping nothing is going to go wrong... Fat chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pauldpaul

might have to do the same,, whats the craic with getting into canada doing that tho.. do you need a return flight home,,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

pauldpaul wrote: »
    might have to do the same,, whats the craic with getting into canada doing that tho.. do you need a return flight home,,

You dont have to have a return flight. You may need to show them proof of funds that you can afford a flight home. I got a return flight just because it actually worked out cheaper than flying one way. Check out gohop.ie They were doin return flights to Toronto for 389 yoyos when i booked two weeks ago.

No point in me wasting time here doing nothing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Unsuccesful payment: LDN-IE-.......

To be honest, I don't think putting in the dashes or leaving them out really matters. From reading this forum, people have done either or and alot are still getting rejected. Also, alot of people who have done the transfer online seem to be getting rejected and sending screenshots to prove you made the payment doesn't help.

My advice would be to do it in your local branch, use your WTN number but leave out LDN and just ensure the 0000XX number at the end is in the reference box as this is your number.

Wouldve been much easier if the IEC made it clear what exactly they wanted in the reference box instead of us all guessing!

Did you leave out the ldn part?

Also doesnt seem like its first come first served as it says on the website. I know some people waiting 3 and four weeks for any correspondence, im waiting over 3 weeks but it seems like some people sent theirs after me and have received a confirmation email. Just have to have serious patience i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

namrod28 wrote: »
    Did you leave out the ldn part?

Also doesnt seem like its first come first served as it says on the website. I know some people waiting 3 and four weeks for any correspondence, im waiting over 3 weeks but it seems like some people sent theirs after me and have received a confirmation email. Just have to have serious patience i guess.

No, I put in the LDN-IE-blah blah whatever the rest is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

C@non wrote: »
    Apparently it seems that a lot of payments have or havent been going to the France account.. so they were unable to find the payments made.. and in some cases the last 3 numbers were missing.
    And this seems to be a embassy issue on how they have set up things.

Where did you hear that C@non?

I know I've asked something similar already but maybe if people could state the following we could figure out what to do and what not to do regarding payment:

1. Successful/Unsuccessful
    2. Aib? BOI? Ulster Bank?
    3. Online? In a branch?
    4. And what you put on the reference line. (include the LDN? Hyphens?

Maybe then we could figure this thing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

This is absolutely ridiculous. Most of us on this particular thread have had problems with the IEC accepting the wire transfer payment even though we did exactly what they told us to do. They give us a reference number that is too long for banks to enter. They then add another form - the medical document - nearly a month after the 2012 program opened. They haven't a clue.

kraggy wrote: »
    C@non wrote: »
    Apparently it seems that a lot of payments have or havent been going to the France account.. so they were unable to find the payments made.. and in some cases the last 3 numbers were missing.
    And this seems to be a embassy issue on how they have set up things.

Where did you hear that C@non?

I know I've asked something similar already but maybe if people could state the following we could figure out what to do and what not to do regarding payment:

1. Successful/Unsuccessful
    2. Aib? BOI? Ulster Bank?
    3. Online? In a branch?
    4. And what you put on the reference line. (include the LDN? Hyphens?

Maybe then we could figure this thing out.

Im not being smart but if u read through other peoples comments on this, you'll find out its across the board. It doesnt matter what bank we did it with or if it was done on or offline. Its down to the IEC trying to make more money, simple as.

I put down my whole WTN number, which did fit and included the hyphens and they still rejected me. Luckily got accepted in the end as I got my local branch to email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Im not being smart but if u read through other peoples comments on this, you'll find out its across the board. It doesnt matter what bank we did it with or if it was done on or offline. Its down to the IEC trying to make more money, simple as.

I put down my whole WTN number, which did fit and included the hyphens and they still rejected me. Luckily got accepted in the end as I got my local branch to email them.

I'm going to get my bank to e-mail them second time around then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

And I'm not trying to be smart either when I say this. The Canadian government, whose economy is one of the strongest in the world right now, doesn't need an extra 105 euro from Josephine in Ireland.

It's nothing to do with money-making.

Even if they double charged EVERYONE, which they won't, do you realise that that would still only be 500,000 euro? That's pittance to a country the size of Canada.

The IEC are not a company like USIT. They are the Canadian government. They simply got things wrong.

But are trying to fix things based on the numbers of people who got acknowledgement emails in the last 2 days. They must have got extra staff in to deal with the backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bertocon

Dont pay with AIB internet banking... i did everything perfect (with hypens) and was rejected, now ive to leave canada and go back to dole, all because the embassy are too thick to trace there own payment mess ups.

I dont care about the 105 euro to be honest, i just dont see why they have to reject all these applications instead of giving people the option to resend the money...

5 emails with no reply since i sent them proof of payment...
    Waiting on police cert to be sent back for 2 weeks so i can reapply but any longer and its just not worth it...

no phone contact and wont email back... what a bunch of idiots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Did you get an email saying rejected at first and it will sent back to you to try again?
    I got the bank to email them today too about 2,3 times and received nothing back.. after how long did they give you a reply or pass you to the next stage?

The bank said that basically the accounts where created wrong and some payment went to the France section instead of the UK section.. or vice versa i didn't really understand it..

But still with Bertocon i dont know how it erased your last 3 numbers..
    is it an AIB issue? maybe AIB to AIB only?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

I think I got my visa!! Can't open attachment on phone but unless my brothers playing a really mean joke on me I've got it :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Got my visa today too....

Timeline:
    It arrived with them on the 23rd December
    Notice of Receipt on the 12th of January
    Payment Requested on the 13th of January (Paid using AIB online, no problems)
    IEC Eligible (payment received) on the 20th of January
    Asked about doing a Medical on the 25th of January
    LOI 8th February (last night at 00:08) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

hi,
    how did you make payment through AIB online. i also have AIB account but there is no option to put any ref.no like WTN while making payment online.

kss wrote: »
    hi,
    how did you make payment through AIB online. i also have AIB account but there is no option to put any ref.no like WTN while making payment online.

Transfers and Payments
    Transfer to another ROI account
    From Current (whatever message)
    Make New Payment

A SWIFT Address/BIC and IBAN = Use the numbers they send to you.

"Sender's message for receiver:"

Here is where, on the first line I put my WTN #
    On the second line I put my name.

Sync wrote: »
    Got my visa today too....

Timeline:
    It arrived with them on the 23rd December
    Notice of Receipt on the 12th of January
    Payment Requested on the 13th of January (Paid using AIB online, no problems)
    IEC Eligible (payment received) on the 20th of January
    Asked about doing a Medical on the 25th of January
    LOI 8th February (last night at 00:08) :P

hi,
    how did you make payment through AIB online. I also have AIB account but there is no option to put any ref.no like WTN while making payment online.
    where did you actually put WTN no. while adding payee datail or some other place.

Transfers and Payments
    Make New Payment

Thanks very 2 much.
    I found the place where to put WTN.
    thanks again

kss wrote: »
    Thanks very 2 much.
    I found the place where to put WTN.
    thanks again

No problem, if after 10 days you don't hear back from them, I would e-mail them explaining that you have paid from account number... etc...

• Advertisement

GOT MY LOI..............WOOOHOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Transfers and Payments
    Make New Payment

Should it not be an international account??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Congrats Ciara and Sync :)

I applied roughly around the same time as you guys and got my Medical Email on 27th January. Hopefully I get some good news this week too :)

No problem, if after 10 days you don't hear back from them, I would e-mail them explaining that you have paid from account number... etc...
    Hi,

Did you also sent them "Screen shot" of payment you made online
    as a proof of payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sooki189

Hello,

hoping someone would be able to clarify some things with me..im confused as to the state of my application..

so far ive got, my acceptance to iec elgiabilty, then got asked for payment, payment was accepted, then got a email about medicals, and today recieved and email with an attachement thats says...

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee etc ..........

is this my letter of introduction?!?

it also has a validility date of the 8th feb next year, now i thought i understand that this is when i have to go to canada and activate my work permit...i hope this is right? and no the date that my permit runs out?

one last question, very sorry, as now im panicking entirely...i dont have to apply for a seperate visa do i ? i was thinking the iec covered this?

any answers to my many questions would be very much appriciated thank you!

annabelle

orgaz wrote: »
    Congrats Ciara and Sync :)

I applied roughly around the same time as you guys and got my Medical Email on 27th January. Hopefully I get some good news this week too :)

You will defo get yours soon! I got my medical email on Feb 1st!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

Annabelle, I'm pretty sure that's your LOI. I don't have mine yet but from what others have posted that seems the same Congrats to you and also Sync and Ciara! It seems they sent a batch of them out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Sooki189 wrote: »
    Hello,

hoping someone would be able to clarify some things with me..im confused as to the state of my application..

so far ive got, my acceptance to iec elgiabilty, then got asked for payment, payment was accepted, then got a email about medicals, and today recieved and email with an attachement thats says...

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.
    Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee etc ..........

is this my letter of introduction?!?

it also has a validility date of the 8th feb next year, now i thought i understand that this is when i have to go to canada and activate my work permit...i hope this is right? and no the date that my permit runs out?

one last question, very sorry, as now im panicking entirely...i dont have to apply for a seperate visa do i ? i was thinking the iec covered this?

any answers to my many questions would be very much appriciated thank you!

annabelle

Yeah that sounds like the LOI. You hand that to the Canadian immigration and they give you your work permit. The reason it says 8th Feb 2013 is because you have 12 months to activate your visa, so you can leave Ireland anytime up until 8th Feb next year and activate the visa for 12 months.

So say for example, you left on the 1st September this year , you'd activate your work permit that day once you hand the LOI to immigration, they'd give you the work permit, then you're legally eligible to work until September 1st 2013.

Thats my understanding of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

cameragal wrote: »
    Annabelle, I'm pretty sure that's your LOI. I don't have mine yet but from what others have posted that seems the same Congrats to you and also Sync and Ciara! It seems they sent a batch of them out today!

Hi cameragal

When did you send yours? I sent mine nearly 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I sent it through go4less so I can't even check if it was received by them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sooki189

thanks for getting back to me so quick, feel a bit uneasy that all i have for all that form filling in, payments and nervous waiting is an email that i print out and hand to them on arrival! ah!

Advertisement