Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

Hi Token, I sent mine off on the 23rd of December. I got my medical email today so I still have a bit to wait. Don't worry about not having received confirmation of receipt they took 3 and a half weeks to send mine. I'm sure you'll get it soon:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 papaya

Just a quick question!
    I applied mine 3 weeks ago, and still waiting for the confirmation. Just wondering is there any physical post mail to my England address during the whole processing time? Cause Im thinking of go to Canada, stay at my partner's and find a job after I got it...to be alone here is kinda wasting time and money. If IEC sorting all the stuff via emails, I can just wait to pay the fees and go, rather than stay here two or three months just waiting.

I saw some earlier posters from people saying like the applicant even dont have to be present in the UK. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Nice to see people have started getting their LOI. Come on my payment email!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cameragal

You will receive your LOI via email. So in theory you could enter as a tourist and just go to the border and reenter to activate your visa. I've heard of other people doing it.

tinyfox wrote: »
    I was rejected in the first phase before payment and my husband is going to which I also indicated in the form. 5 mins after I got my rejection email, he got the please pay etc etc email. We sent his off and I emailed them again the same email with "urgent" in the subject line but as of yet to no avail. I have another set of forms ready to go but don't know how long to wait for a response from them before I send in a new application??

If I hear anything back I'll let ye guys know. Good luck to everyone else having issues as well!

Ugh!! This is torture :mad:

OMG! I hope this wont happen to me...I also married...but my husband is Canadian, lives in Canada...thats y I apply this for...I really hope they wont reject me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

namrod28 wrote: »
    Should it not be an international account??:confused:

Nope, using the SWIFT code... it's an Irish bank a/c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

Sync wrote: »
    Nope, using the SWIFT code... it's an Irish bank a/c

Did you also send them "SCREEN SHOT" of the payment made online as a proof of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Just got all my forms returned to me with "Please apply under irish progam" written on a page with www.ireland.gc.ca on the bottom. When I go to that link it just forwards me to the same website as I applied through with all the same application forms, the links have even changed colour to show I've click on them. The forms I got returned have "International Experience Canada, UK & Ireland" written across the top of them.

WTF am I supposed to do now?

EDIT: I must of clicked on the wrong forms at the time I donwloaded them. But the only difference I can see between forms is just above the signature on the first form it has "www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca" in tiny blue text. For ****s sake IEC title your forms correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

kss wrote: »
    Did you also send them "SCREEN SHOT" of the payment made online as a proof of payment.

Nope....

cameragal wrote: »
    You will receive your LOI via email. So in theory you could enter as a tourist and just go to the border and reenter to activate your visa. I've heard of other people doing it.

Yup...i thought so...thanx for the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Joined the 3 week club today, wahoo!

Sent my app on the 20th January and haven't heard a peep since, hopefully next week?!?!?

leggit wrote: »
    Joined the 3 week club today, wahoo!

Sent my app on the 20th January and haven't heard a peep since, hopefully next week?!?!?

we r in the same boat...one day earlier than u...heard nothing yet...hopefully next week~the waiting time really killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mad4beer

Got my LOI Wednesday 8th of February.
    Heres a timeline of the process if anyones interested.

Sent application away 23rd December
    Got reciept of application 13th January
    Got a message demanding payment 16th January.
    Paid the 23rd of January. Just went to AIB branch and paid 105e they sent the bank docket to the CIC reference number. just included my LDN number.
    Got the form about the medical the 27th of January. Ignored it as its not relevant to me.
    Got my LOI Wednesday the 8th.

I know a lot of people are having problems with the payment but it worked fine for me. Lucky maybe.

As regards the application form all you have to do is take your time its all explained in the CIC website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

papaya wrote: »
    OMG! I hope this wont happen to me...I also married...but my husband is Canadian, lives in Canada...thats y I apply this for...I really hope they wont reject me!!

sure if thats the case your husband can just sponsor you for permanent residency without having to do any iec crap :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Helix wrote: »
    sure if thats the case your husband can just sponsor you for permanent residency without having to do any iec crap :confused:

it takes for bloody ever is the problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

After sending my application 4 weeks ago (on monday..) i received my application back today because their scanners could not read the barcode on my application!!!!!!!!!! 4 weeks to tell me this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. :mad: was planning on heading early april but going by the average 8 week time frame this is getting further and further away. this whole situation is really turning me off going at all. has anyone else received theirs back because of this?? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i got rejected for non payment when i made it the day after they asked for it... the hell with this im going to get married to a canadian lol

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

Hoping someone might have an answer for this.

I received the email on the 31/01/12 at 11:39 instructing me to make payment and email them on my completed IMM1295 form. So I made the payment last week but I'm just after realising that I forgot to email them on my IMM1295 form. The big problem is that I'm away for the weekend and wont get chance to email it till tomorrow evening the 12/02/12. In my calculation this works out to be within 12 calendar days of me recieving the email but plus a few hours.

So do ye reckon I'll just get my application posted back to me or do ye think it'll be o.k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

lindzation wrote: »
    it takes for bloody ever is the problem :(

if you're out of the country it takes around 6 months, once you specify you're out of the country

if you're already in the country it takes a bit longer. my missus is classed as my common law wife over here, and we're getting married in june, but im not going to have to bother relying on that for PR, given that ill be able to get a new 2 year visa in jan from my job, which will push me into 5 years here in total, so ill be able to apply for the PR at my leisure

but you should definitely look into the sponsorship, otherwise you're going to have a serious pain in your ass every time your visa is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

thank sh1t i found this thread

just started filling out my forms tonight (i'm a total noob and know nothing about all this visa business.)

i spent all night carefully reading the step by step guide, filling out my forms and checking and rechecking them.

so anyway, i came across this thread and basically want to thank you all for your input. i've learned so much more from reading all your posts tonight and i hope i won't have any problems when i get my application pack sent in (only started tonight, no police cert or anything yet).

congrats to those who have already got their visa, and best of luck to the people who have been rejected so far. the waiting sounds absolutely painful and the IEC system seems to be a total mess, so i wish ye all the best. (pretty worried over the bank situation now)

no doubt i'll have a few questions for ye further down the line!

thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

I sent my application by reg post and it was delivered on 26 Jan (according to the tracker). I havent received an email back yet.

Is that normal? Most people seem to have taken a month-ish to get the email re: payment.

This thread is really helpful btw in trying to figure out the steps. Thanks for all the info, the process is a bit daunting, so its great to get the heads up on a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Gigi_Glee wrote: »
    I sent my application by reg post and it was delivered on 26 Jan (according to the tracker). I havent received an email back yet.

Is that normal? Most people seem to have taken a month-ish to get the email re: payment.

This thread is really helpful btw in trying to figure out the steps. Thanks for all the info, the process is a bit daunting, so its great to get the heads up on a few things.
    I think mine arrived the exact same date. I haven't heard anything either. Hope I filled out the forms ok. Should come any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Yeah sent mine three weeks ago today, nothing yet. Not exactly in a rush to be honest, but jesus I didn't think I'd be waiting a month just for them to say 'We got it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

clio_16v wrote: »
    I think mine arrived the exact same date. I haven't heard anything either. Hope I filled out the forms ok. Should come any day now
    Just need to be patient im waiting nearly 4 weeks. Think it's just pot luck sometimes.

Why do I keep seeing "If Applicable" written after:

Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)

I thought everyone had to fill out this form?

I filled it out anyway, but the Document Checklist asks for your ACTUAL passport to be sent out IF you need to apply for a temporary resident place.

So confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

raz86 wrote: »
    Why do I keep seeing "If Applicable" written after:

Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)

I thought everyone had to fill out this form?

I filled it out anyway, but the Document Checklist asks for your ACTUAL passport to be sent out IF you need to apply for a temporary resident place.

So confused :confused:
    Just follow the steps 1 to 9 on the website and download what it tells you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

For me, It took nearly 5 weeks to get the confirmation e-mail. At that stage I was planning on just re-booking with USIT. There opening post at random i'd say.

BTW once you get the e-mail you then have to continue to wait for another 2 weeks until they will make contact again.

namrod28 wrote: »
    Just follow the steps 1 to 9 on the website and download what it tells you.

It doesn't mention anything about it during steps 1-9.

However, if you read the CIC guidelines section it says:
    "The following are the forms that must be filled out and submitted:

Application For Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295)
    Document Checklist (IMM 5488)
    Family Information (IMM 5645)
    Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409)
    Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)"

Then it goes on to say:
    "Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
    your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
    your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)."

So why on the Documents Checklist does it says "if applicable"??

And if you DO apply for this they want your ACTUAL passport

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Hi All,

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Myself and my partner are planning on going to Canada in the next few months. We posted off our applications from Ireland on the 12th of Jan (both applications were in the same envelope).
    I got an email receipting my application on the 7th of Feb but my partner still hasnt got anything!!
    Its almost a week now and still nothing.... what do you think?
    I've got a feeling that theres a problem, :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Has anyone else mailed registered from Canada and got no info on their tracking beyond "Item has left Canada"?

It left Canada almost four weeks ago and not a peep of the postage status being updated

Advertisement