Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

raz86 wrote: »
    It doesn't mention anything about it during steps 1-9.

However, if you read the CIC guidelines section it says:

Then it goes on to say:

So why on the Documents Checklist does it says "if applicable"??

And if you DO apply for this they want your ACTUAL passport

Those are the guidelines for a work permit for anyone outside of Canada. The IEC is a special programme between Canada and Ireland and has a different application process even though the end result is a work permit.
    If you are applying for an IEC visa just follow the IEC steps. If you do not fit the criteria for IEC (eg over 35 yrs old) and wish to apply for a regular work permit use the first set of forms you mentioned.
    Again, if you fit the criteria for IEC, just use steps 1-9 on the ireland.gc.ca website. The checklist refers to the regular work permit application NOT the IEC application. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

Has anyone been waiting 5 weeks? My 2 brothers applied together and sent their applications on Jan 9th. One of them received his notice of receipt on Feb 7th, the other hasn't heard anything yet. Anyone else waiting this long?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Has anyone else mailed registered from Canada and got no info on their tracking beyond "Item has left Canada"?

It left Canada almost four weeks ago and not a peep of the postage status being updated

Hey Dazzler,

We sent ours off on Jan 31st and it's said the same "Item has left Canada" since Feb 6.. so I'm pretty sure it's there. It usually takes about a week for stuff to be sent from Ireland to us..
    I saw that someone on here had the same thing happen and they called the Royal Post and they were able to confirm the letter had been delivered.. pretty crap since you pay 20 bucks for the service :mad:

Helix wrote: »
    if you're out of the country it takes around 6 months, once you specify you're out of the country

if you're already in the country it takes a bit longer. my missus is classed as my common law wife over here, and we're getting married in june, but im not going to have to bother relying on that for PR, given that ill be able to get a new 2 year visa in jan from my job, which will push me into 5 years here in total, so ill be able to apply for the PR at my leisure

but you should definitely look into the sponsorship, otherwise you're going to have a serious pain in your ass every time your visa is up

Hey,

Yeah - I'm Canadian and my boyfriend is Irish.. so we are hoping that he will get PR through the Provincial Nominee Program as he is an Electrician.. just jumping through hoops so that he can write his Red Seal atm.

When I looked at the website for common law it looked like well over a years wait :( So that's why we are banking on this.. I would love to leave the country for 6 months to get it processed faster but then that would mess up stuff here for us. (job wise and whatnot)

But yeah good luck with your plan.. it is definitely a pain in the ass having to renew a visa - will be happy when PR is done and settled!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

lindzation wrote: »
    Hey Dazzler,

We sent ours off on Jan 31st and it's said the same "Item has left Canada" since Feb 6.. so I'm pretty sure it's there. It usually takes about a week for stuff to be sent from Ireland to us..
    I saw that someone on here had the same thing happen and they called the Royal Post and they were able to confirm the letter had been delivered.. pretty crap since you pay 20 bucks for the service :mad:

Perfect, at least we both know it's a common theme with them

Saw that earlier post and tried to track my package through Royal Mail's site, and it doesn't allow you

Eight hour time difference makes ringing them a big of a pain in the arse :(

• Advertisement

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Perfect, at least we both know it's a common theme with them

Saw that earlier post and tried to track my package through Royal Mail's site, and it doesn't allow you

Eight hour time difference makes ringing them a big of a pain in the arse :(

haha I tried to do that too! yeah maybe first thing before going to work??

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

I'm sure someone has already asked this (so, sorry) but if you are applying for a 2nd Visa and currently have a job in Canada, do you fill in your current work details in the "Intended work" section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

albablue wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Myself and my partner are planning on going to Canada in the next few months. We posted off our applications from Ireland on the 12th of Jan (both applications were in the same envelope).
    I got an email receipting my application on the 7th of Feb but my partner still hasnt got anything!!
    Its almost a week now and still nothing.... what do you think?
    I've got a feeling that theres a problem, :(

Different applications take different lengths of time. It's a matter of luck to a certain extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

lindzation wrote: »
    Hey,

Yeah - I'm Canadian and my boyfriend is Irish.. so we are hoping that he will get PR through the Provincial Nominee Program as he is an Electrician.. just jumping through hoops so that he can write his Red Seal atm.

When I looked at the website for common law it looked like well over a years wait :( So that's why we are banking on this.. I would love to leave the country for 6 months to get it processed faster but then that would mess up stuff here for us. (job wise and whatnot)

But yeah good luck with your plan.. it is definitely a pain in the ass having to renew a visa - will be happy when PR is done and settled!

if he was to do an IEC visa (assuming he's under 35) then you could apply straight away as common law, which i think carries implied acceptance, so he'd be able to stay even if the decision took more than the year of his visa

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

shelhart wrote: »
    Has anyone been waiting 5 weeks? My 2 brothers applied together and sent their applications on Jan 9th. One of them received his notice of receipt on Feb 7th, the other hasn't heard anything yet. Anyone else waiting this long?

Hi, myself and my girlfriend posted ours in separate envelopes on the 9th Jan and we're both still waiting on the first email, I'm going through USIT so have my flights booked in advance for 27th march, won't make them at this rate though, 5 weeks is a bit much for a 'we got your application' email. We're really hoping for it this week............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

akira336 wrote: »
    shelhart wrote: »

Hi, myself and my girlfriend posted ours in separate envelopes on the 9th Jan and we're both still waiting on the first email, I'm going through USIT so have my flights booked in advance for 27th march, won't make them at this rate though, 5 weeks is a bit much for a 'we got your application' email. We're really hoping for it this week............

Why did you decide to go through usit when you couldve done it independently for way cheaper? I really hope you get the email this, thats a long time to be waiting alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Why did you decide to go through usit when you couldve done it independently for way cheaper? I really hope you get the email this, thats a long time to be waiting alright!

Thanks Ciara, ah I hadnt looked into the process much and thought it would have been easier, but knowing what I know now I probably should have done it myself, they did help on certain parts of the application forms, so because of how much we paid them, I really hope our forms dont get returned to us.....nothing in my inbox today either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jk86 wrote: »
    I'm sure someone has already asked this (so, sorry) but if you are applying for a 2nd Visa and currently have a job in Canada, do you fill in your current work details in the "Intended work" section?

I did. Although I'm not sure whether thats a recommended thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Finally done, scrutinised every part so here is hoping its smooth sailing from here - little worried about some of the posts here about organisation at their end but I guess the proof is in the pudding!

Not sure how the NZ certificate works or if the embassy applying for it slows down the application so I'll keep people informed on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

namrod28 wrote: »
    Just need to be patient im waiting nearly 4 weeks. Think it's just pot luck sometimes.

Tis good to know we're all in the same boat. I'm sure they do a bit of eenie meenie when theyre picking out the post! Its funny how many people are applying.

I'm planning to book my flights anyways next week to get a good price. I cant leave til July anyways so not too worried yet about the visa.

Hope we all get accepted!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 papaya

Is anybody like me waiting in 4th week for the first e-mail to come~! Really killing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Guys!!!

you wont believe this!

But remember how mad i was as i got rejected?

Well on the 31st i was asked for payment so i had my mum pay in ireland directly into their bank on the 1st of FEB, on the 7th i emailed them and asked if it was all ok..

They replied saying it was rejected because of non payment and the decision was irreversable..
    so i emailed them.. no reply i got the bank to email them and nothing.. my due date was the 12th of Feb, sunday gone and was there walking the streets with my head down upset kicking rocks.. lol

So about 30 minutes ago i get a email from them saying congratulation your forms have been passed on for the second phase and if aproved you will get a LOI

I kid you not i Cried!! did not expect it at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pauldpaul

hey... is there much work ie construction and bar in London ON.. i was there last year on a work placement and thinking of heading back there next month..

pauldpaul wrote: »
    hey... is there much work ie construction and bar in London ON.. i was there last year on a work placement and thinking of heading back there next month..

General labouring? Yeah there seems to be plenty about, especially as its moving out of winter. and theres always a fair few bar & service jobs around.
    check out the london pages on jobbank or kijiji

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.aspx?CmmGrp=GON009&OpPage=50&Stdnt=No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pauldpaul

cool cheers mate.. ya been living in london long yourself??

• Advertisement

Since March last year, working since June.
    Trying to get my next visa sorted at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

Anyone else waiting TEN YEARS (or 4+ weeks) to get the first receipt of application??

Slightly freaking out at this stage...I'm already in Canada and applied for a second year from Toronto / Canada Post on 16th January. Nothing at all back yet and from talking to others it seems the timeline for hearing back is like 3 weeks??

What could the delay be??

I also lost my receipt with tracking number so have no way of knowing when it was received :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

Ive noticed that a lot of people received the medical email on february 1st and got their LOI on the 9th. I got my medical email the 1st as well and still no sign of the LOI.....i also ignored the medical email since ill be workin in construction, is anyone else in the same boat? Getting a little worried as my current visa expire early march....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

C@non wrote: »
    Guys!!!

you wont believe this!

Well on the 31st i was asked for payment so i had my mum pay in ireland directly into their bank on the 1st of FEB, on the 7th i emailed them and asked if it was all ok..

They replied saying it was rejected because of non payment and the decision was irreversable..
    so i emailed them.. no reply i got the bank to email them and nothing.. my due date was the 12th of Feb, sunday gone and was there walking the streets with my head down upset kicking rocks.. lol

So about 30 minutes ago i get a email from them saying congratulation your forms have been passed on for the second phase and if aproved you will get a LOI

Nice one nothing like a good shock. Just shows how much of a joke the system is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Guys!!!

you wont believe this!

thats just nuts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Guys!!!

you wont believe this!

Are you saying that they sent you a rejection email before your payment due date was up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conor McGinn

orgaz wrote: »
    Hi All

Just wondering has anyone actually received there LOI? and if so how long was it after the medical email that you received it?

Reason I ask is my application is on second phase and I got an email on 27th January about a medical (which I do not have to do).

So just wondering how long it took after the medical email?? THANKS

:)

Hey, Myself and my girlfiend recieved our LOI. it was 14 Days after our medical Examination email. Hope this helps.

My whole experience is detailed in my blog post if you require more infor
    http://workingholidayincanada.com/blog/?p=199

Best of luck conor

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

Hey, Myself and my girlfiend recieved our LOI. it was 14 Days after our medical Examination email. Hope this helps.

My whole experience is detailed in my blog post if you require more infor

Best of luck conor

Great wee blog there Conor, timelines are really useful. I feel a lot calmer now!

I'm not handin in my notice til May, but I'm already sh*tting myself, booking my flights next week though. Lastminute/GoHop look good pricewise for Vancouver. Friends of mine went through Trailfinders and it seemed expensive compared to websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conor McGinn

Gigi_Glee wrote: »
    Great wee blog there Conor, timelines are really useful. I feel a lot calmer now!

I'm not handin in my notice til May, but I'm already sh*tting myself, booking my flights next week though. Lastminute/GoHop look good pricewise for Vancouver. Friends of mine went through Trailfinders and it seemed expensive compared to websites.

GIgi, Im glad it helped.

We just booked our flights on sunday with Lastminute. were flying with BA on the 13th March. Its all go now!!! I can't wait

Have fun!

Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

into my 4th week like most people on here, friend of mine applied the week before me and got hers last week so hopefully I'll get mine this week?!

Canada is just a back-up to another plan so not too worried about visa yet since won't be going til after August anyway if I am going.

Advertisement