Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Still waiting for payment email...come on IEC!!!!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Excuse my ignorance, bu are you guys applying through USIT or direct through IEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

iamthe43 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, bu are you guys applying through USIT or direct through IEC?

Direct through IEC mostly I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

iamthe43 wrote: »
    you use USIT for consulting purposes only. So they check your forms before you send them out, but its up to yourself to post them to IEC and ensure you have sent everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Gottcha. Cheers

I was just wondering, out of interest really.

I am applying, from London, direct to the IEC. Wouldn't go near USIT if you paid me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

GIgi, Im glad it helped.

We just booked our flights on sunday with Lastminute. were flying with BA on the 13th March. Its all go now!!! I can't wait

Have fun!

Conor
    http://workingholidayincanada.com/blog/?p=199

Hi there!

First of all congrats! Nice to have that all sorted :) I have a question for you - curious if you had to do a police cert from oz? My boyfriend required one but we didn't bother with the traffic history report side of it as I thought the note on the website was more implied for permanent residents/citizens of Queensland/Victoria and he was just traveling around and working and never had an Australian Drivers License.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about this so I'm wondering if you - or anyone who has received their LOI bothered with the traffic history report?

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

kraggy wrote: »
    Are you saying that they sent you a rejection email before your payment due date was up?

Thats rite i got an email saying my application was rejected due to non payment on the on the 7th and it was irreversible and out of the blue i get this email..
    i emailed them about 8 to 10 time the bank 3 times, and when my mother phoned the bank they said the manager was talking to the embassy as there was a big problem with some accounts and payment, some payments were sent to the France account and not the UK..

But in my case i just expected the forms in the post as they never replied to my emails or anything so i went through the "The 5 Stages Of Grief" and was ready to start all over again..

But im not celebrating just yet i want to see that LOI in my email inbox first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

A friend of mine got an email about non payment but they said he had 48 hours to provide proof that he paid.

About time they realized it is their mistake and are trying to fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnsmyth1

Hey, me and my friends have only just managed to get all the forms filled etc today, but we did leave out perhaps a rather important form. We were all on Erasmus last year and after trying for ages to get garda clearance from Spain and Italy, we have decided to give up and send our forms without any mention of our year abroad. Does anyone know how thorough they are about checking this kind of thing? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

How long after the receipt of application email do they look for payment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tedboop

I got the email looking for payment the day after i got the receipt of application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 emaxwell14

I got my LOI today, here are my details for anyone interested:

4th Jan -Application sent from Ireland, regular post.
    24th Jan - Email stating my application was received in London.
    27th Jan - Email asking for payment.
    27th Jan - Payment made and Work Permit email sent.
    6th Feb - Payment accepted and application forwarded to Visa Section.
    16th Feb - LOI received.

I never received the medical email but I won't worry about that, was going to ignore it anyway.

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

I got got receipt on the 7th Feb and still nothing about payment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

albablue wrote: »

I got got receipt on the 7th Feb and still nothing about payment...

Same as that. 7th of February.

Checking my mail every few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

lindzation wrote: »
    Hi there!

First of all congrats! Nice to have that all sorted :) I have a question for you - curious if you had to do a police cert from oz? My boyfriend required one but we didn't bother with the traffic history report side of it as I thought the note on the website was more implied for permanent residents/citizens of Queensland/Victoria and he was just traveling around and working and never had an Australian Drivers License.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about this so I'm wondering if you - or anyone who has received their LOI bothered with the traffic history report?

Thanks!
    im in the same boat got the oz cert, applied for traffic history check and they sent me back a release of information form with a letter stating i need to get my identification certified by a justice of the peace or a commisioner for declarations,so i made the trip to old city hall only to be told they dont certify id anymore and a lawyer has to do it.

its seems like an awful lot of hassle and the more i read it on their site i think its only for oz residents that need it so im going to chance just the police cert sure how would they know were you temporarily resided in oz,would appreciate a bit more insight into this from anyone who is in the same position,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    I got my LOI today, here are my details for anyone interested:

4th Jan -Application sent from Ireland, regular post.
    24th Jan - Email stating my application was received in London.
    27th Jan - Email asking for payment.
    27th Jan - Payment made and Work Permit email sent.
    6th Feb - Payment accepted and application forwarded to Visa Section.
    16th Feb - LOI received.

I never received the medical email but I won't worry about that, was going to ignore it anyway.

Best of Luck!

I got forwarded 2 days after yourself, so hopefully I'll hear something from them on Friday or Monday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

I got forwarded 2 days after yourself, so hopefully I'll hear something from them on Friday or Monday. :D

Got my LOI last night too!!! Timeline below:

Dec 23: sent application
    Dec 28: item was successfully delivered (not confirmed by them i just tracked it)
    Jan 17: received confirmation of receipt
    Jan 20: asked to pay
    Jan 27: confirmation of payment, forms sent to cic ( i had had a family member pay for me, i emailed IEC 3 days before payment was due with details listed ex: name of the sender, where my name was put and the wtn etc after reading all the problems and i also stated that i could provide proof of payment should they require it. They never replied to this but my payment was accepted a couple days after this email)
    Feb 1: received medical email but ignored because i do not require one.
    Feb 16: received LOI it arrived very late, up until yesterday i had been checking my email during office type hours but hoped on the computer last night at what would have been 2am their time and it was there!

If anyone has any questions about the paperwork or anything ive kept copies of everything ive sent so send me a PM or ill keep checking this board now and again :)

Cheers everyone and good luck!!!

So whats with this medical?

do we all have to do it? im on my second IEC and in Canada now.. and when i applied for this Second IEC step 9 wasnt on there.

C@non wrote: »
    So whats with this medical?

do we all have to do it? im on my second IEC and in Canada now.. and when i applied for this Second IEC step 9 wasnt on there.

I am in canada as well and also applied before the medical was part of the aplication. They will email you and if you need a medical then you reply and if you dont need one you dot reply at all. You only need one if youre working in health care or with kids...hope that helps :)

I nEed some help with health insurance, I am currently in Canada and just got my LOI for my second year which will start in march; can anyone give me some advice on cheap medical insurance? Just in case they ask at the border? Im not sure how to go about getting insurance if im alreay in canada. Thanks!

• Advertisement

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    I am in canada as well and also applied before the medical was part of the aplication. They will email you and if you need a medical then you reply and if you dont need one you dot reply at all. You only need one if youre working in health care or with kids...hope that helps :)

It does help thank you, hopefully they see that i am already here and i dont work in healthcare.. so they wont make me go to some Dr to get poked and grabbed in places they shouldnt!:eek::eek: lol but thanks!

I think I'll need to go for a medical, has anyone been for one?

From what I can gather it can add a month to the application processing time and costs a fair bit, 250 euro maybe?

anyone got any info....?

I think I'll need to go for a medical, has anyone been for one?

From what I can gather it can add a month to the application processing time and costs a fair bit, 250 euro maybe?

anyone got any info....?

I went for one last week, it cost €170 for the medical with the doctor. Then the chest xray cost €85 and i knew about those costs.

Then when i went for the chest xray, they said it was another €50 for the DHL which i didnt know about and was a bit taken aback by :eek:....but it had to be done i guess. I paid 305 in total.

tedboop wrote: »
    I went for one last week, it cost €170 for the medical with the doctor. Then the chest xray cost €85 and i knew about those costs.

Then when i went for the chest xray, they said it was another €50 for the DHL which i didnt know about and was a bit taken aback by :eek:....but it had to be done i guess. I paid 305 in total.

Wow, thats more expensive than I thought!!
    Dont suppose theres any way to do it on the cheap? Or is it just standard pricing in hospitals... Im in dublin so Im guessing its going to be dearer here than other places...

Wow, thats more expensive than I thought!!
    Dont suppose theres any way to do it on the cheap? Or is it just standard pricing in hospitals... Im in dublin so Im guessing its going to be dearer here than other places...

I think the fee is a set fee by the canadian embassy..You have to go to a certain doctor from a list they give you I think its on the website...i went to cork for mine and met the doctor and had to go to a euromedics for the xray..and i think thats a standard €85 as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

papaya wrote: »
    Is anybody like me waiting in 4th week for the first e-mail to come~! Really killing!

I posted my app from Toronto on Fri 6th January.
    Finally heard on Wed 8th Feb that they had received my app in UK.
    Now still waiting for either rejection or payment email.
    Canada post still hasnt updated my tracking page to say my app was received.

It's a joke really - all the drama over police certs and payments. For those of us applying for 2nd or 3rd year - what is the point in getting a police cert from home when we havent lived there in a year. Or having to pay for an Ozzie cert when I lived there over 10 years ago.
    There should be a simpler roll over system for those who were already aproved previously.
    IEC is a head wreck this year.
    Last year my entire process took 2 weeks from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Teebco wrote: »
    I posted my app from Toronto on Fri 6th January.
    Finally heard on Wed 8th Feb that they had received my app in UK.
    Now still waiting for either rejection or payment email.
    Canada post still hasnt updated my tracking page to say my app was received.

It's a joke really - all the drama over police certs and payments. For those of us applying for 2nd or 3rd year - what is the point in getting a police cert from home when we havent lived there in a year. Or having to pay for an Ozzie cert when I lived there over 10 years ago.
    There should be a simpler roll over system for those who were already aproved previously.
    IEC is a head wreck this year.
    Last year my entire process took 2 weeks from start to finish.

did you get an oz traffic history check? the whole thing is an ordeal like you say we're in canada already:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I found the need to get another Garda cert when I have been living in Canada since my last application pretty annoying

It's a pain in the arse, I mailed from Vancouver on Jan 19th, and not a peep since

You'd be tearing your hair out if your visa was up soon, thankfully mine runs until August

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Hi guys here is the time frame I was waiting just to give people an idea;

December 20th: Posted from Toronto (Regular Mail but Tracked)

January 16th: Email from IEC to say received in London (Canada post never updated there system to say delivered)

January 19th: Conditional Acceptance and Payment Request. Made Payment that day from TD (Wire Transfer) and also emailed my IMM1295 form to them.

January 25th: Passed IEC Criteria and was sent to High Commision for Phase 2

January 27th: Received Medical email did not respond as none was required.

February 16th: Received my LOI that my visa has been approved.

Best of luck to everyone hope you hear soon :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

beano345 wrote: »
    did you get an oz traffic history check? the whole thing is an ordeal like you say we're in canada already:confused:

Yeah I got the basic Oz police cert and filled out the form for the NZ one that says I allow IEC to check with NZ police about my background there.
    Its crazy isnt it - It seems to be more important that I didnt commit a crime in Oz rather than NZ.

Fingers crossed I get the next email about payment in next few days rather than a rejection!

Advertisement