Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Teebco wrote: »
    Yeah I got the basic Oz police cert and filled out the form for the NZ one that says I allow IEC to check with NZ police about my background there.
    Its crazy isnt it - It seems to be more important that I didnt commit a crime in Oz rather than NZ.

Fingers crossed I get the next email about payment in next few days rather than a rejection!

yeah have the oz police cert too just having hassle with the traffic history check which im not even sure is required or is just for australian residents applying, really want to get started on my application did you even bother with the traffic history check? its cost something like $3o dollars as well,yeah the whole system is crazy not looking forward to the wait either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

beano345 wrote: »
    yeah have the oz police cert too just having hassle with the traffic history check which im not even sure is required or is just for australian residents applying, really want to get started on my application did you even bother with the traffic history check? its cost something like $3o dollars as well,yeah the whole system is crazy not looking forward to the wait either

You only need to traffic report if you lived in QLD or Victoria for more than 6 months...either the report or confirmation that you did not have a licence...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Anyone get accepted for a second year without filling in the UCI number?

I've literally just seen this now, a month after sending off the forms, eugh

It validated without needing anything in that box, so I left it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    You only need to traffic report if you lived in QLD or Victoria for more than 6 months...either the report or confirmation that you did not have a licence...

i cant even get a confirmation off them they sent me back a release of info form which is another nightmare,thinking of just sending the police cert i dont know how they would know were i lived in australia

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Hi,

Firstly if I wanted to go to Canada in January 2013 when would I be looking to do the visa application?

Secondly, I've lived in the UK for nearly two years now and it says you have to have lived in Ireland for 18 months prior to applying- anyone get around this before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Anyone get accepted for a second year without filling in the UCI number?

I've literally just seen this now, a month after sending off the forms, eugh

It validated without needing anything in that box, so I left it

I applied for a 2nd year visa and just received my LOI wednesday eve and had not filled in the UCI number on my form. However because I was applying from Canada I had to provide proof o my legal status in Canada as instructed in the CIC forms so i included a photocopy of my current visa....not sure if thats what got me through or not because the UCI number is on that. ALL of that being said I know there was a posting a while back with someone sayi they received an email asking for their UCI #. seems that cic actually asks for information before refusing you haha hope that gives you a bit more peace of mind!!!

This is good news, I really hope they just email me to get the number, rather than refusing the whole app!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

cally112 wrote: »
    Oh cool!! Least i know someone else is in the place! Hopefully we heard somethin back soon!!
    Any word yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

Oh cool!! Least i know someone else is in the place! Hopefully we heard somethin back soon!!
    Any word yet??

Yea i heard two days after you!! My brother only got word yesterday though! We thought his had gotten lost coz it was sent the same day as mine! Now waitin on the next email!! How bout u? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gaffobohs

Hi everyone! Quick question, im just filling out the forms now and under current levels of studies im not sure what to put. Im currently serving an apprenticeship as a HGV mechanic and am on my phase 5 of 7. Will be out of my time in October and wont be heading till after then, so just wondering whether I should write that im fully qualified now or attach a note saying I will be going when I am fully qualified.

Thanks in advance:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

Anyone any idea how to save the imm1295 form as i initially forgot to save it while printing out the forms??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Ye are lucky. My GF got sent a mail saying that her application was rejected and she would have to start the process again because she didn't pay on time (we paid on day 1 of the 12 day period). She got no warning email, just a mail saying her application was been sent back to her which we have received already. I got in touch with the bank as i paid the money from my accoutn as i am AIB and they are investigating the matter but said that everything was fine our side but there was a problem with the AIB Candian account. Said that the WTN number that we instructed didnt appear on their account and was an issue with some flag they put on the account. They are investigating this further as we are currently 105 euro out of pocket.

We re-sent everything again on Monday. Better be worth it.

I did everything the exact same way as we did for hers and have gotten my Visa about a month ago now.

I would presume that once the application is rejected whatever evidence you can show that you paid on time, you are still going to have to start it all over again.

Yea i heard two days after you!! My brother only got word yesterday though! We thought his had gotten lost coz it was sent the same day as mine! Now waitin on the next email!! How bout u? :)
    It'll be two weeks tomorrow since we got the confirmation email, so i'm really hoping we get the payment email this week!!! Waiting is hard!!!

cmac8 wrote: »
    Ye are lucky. My GF got sent a mail saying that her application was rejected and she would have to start the process again because she didn't pay on time (we paid on day 1 of the 12 day period). She got no warning email, just a mail saying her application was been sent back to her which we have received already. I got in touch with the bank as i paid the money from my accoutn as i am AIB and they are investigating the matter but said that everything was fine our side but there was a problem with the AIB Candian account. Said that the WTN number that we instructed didnt appear on their account and was an issue with some flag they put on the account. They are investigating this further as we are currently 105 euro out of pocket.

We re-sent everything again on Monday. Better be worth it.

I did everything the exact same way as we did for hers and have gotten my Visa about a month ago now.

I would presume that once the application is rejected whatever evidence you can show that you paid on time, you are still going to have to start it all over again.
    alot of people got rejected the same as your girlfriend, but they got the bank to send an email to IEC and then their applications were accepted....also some people have sent a screen shot of their internet banking to prove they paid, that also seemed to work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since we got the confirmation email, so i'm really hoping we get the payment email this week!!! Waiting is hard!!!

Yea i know! This whole waitin around is gettin boring now!! I am worried about this payment in the next stage! So many ppl seem to have been rejected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blanchlad

i had payment issues. they couldnt find it,after 12 days and no word from them,and me sending a lot of emails to them angrily they eventually found it.
    So thats delayed the processing of my visa a bit. How long does it take from the payment being accepted to get a proper confirmation and approval to head off??

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

blanchlad wrote: »
    i had payment issues. they couldnt find it,after 12 days and no word from them,and me sending a lot of emails to them angrily they eventually found it.
    So thats delayed the processing of my visa a bit. How long does it take from the payment being accepted to get a proper confirmation and approval to head off??

About a month, next e-mail you will get is: IEC eligible, sent to next stage or something...

Then the next e-mail, is about if you need to do a medical or not... then the Visa comes after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 che87

retalivity wrote: »
    I am exactly the same. Same dates it arrived, no email or nothing yet.
    I dont know what can possibly be done, someone mentioned to email them with URGENT in the headline, but I don't know how successful that would be
    Hey im on the same boat sent mine away bout 4 weeks ago and still no word! Should i be worried??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Eire09 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how to save the imm1295 form as i initially forgot to save it while printing out the forms??

Unless you emailed it to yourself or saved it to your pc/laptop (which you said you didn't) then you've lost it I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Finally!!! Received my receipt of notice email, here is my small progress so far,

9th Jan: posted, regular mail
    20th Feb: Notice of receipt email received

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

akira336 wrote: »
    Finally!!! Received my receipt of notice email, here is my small progress so far,

9th Jan: posted, regular mail
    20th Feb: Notice of receipt email received

6 weeks :eek:

Posted mine on January 20th and still haven't heard a peep!

Yeah, crazy isn't it? And in their email they said it was received in the united kingdom today........:confused: anyway, its a step in the right direction, girlfriends application was sent off with mine and she didn't get anything either, maybe later today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 papaya

Just got my receipt e-mail...finally got it on the first day of the 5th week~a bit released~waiting for the next step...wish everybody and myself luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

akira336 wrote: »
    Yeah, crazy isn't it? And in their email they said it was received in the united kingdom today........:confused: anyway, its a step in the right direction, girlfriends application was sent off with mine and she didn't get anything either, maybe later today?

I wouldn't bet on it, myself and my boyfriend posted applications together on the 12 Jan, I got receipt of application on the 7th Feb and he still hasnt heard anything.......

I have no idea how they are processing applications over there?!?! weird...

albablue wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on it, myself and my boyfriend posted applications together on the 12 Jan, I got receipt of application on the 7th Feb and he still hasnt heard anything.......

Luckily I got mine first as I'm heading over first, and then she will be heading over in June, so she has time on her side, I'm sure everyone agrees, it's the waiting that's the biggest killer.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Thats crazy did you track the applications and make sure they were both delivered. Waiting nearly 5 weeks now myself and its frustrating so he must be raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Go4less posted mine on the 23rd Jan and I've heard nothing yet. So into week 5 myself! Not that I'm in a hurry or anything but be good to get it all sorted!

In my fifth week of waiting too

Not in any rush, my visa runs until August, but the longer I have to wait, the closer I get to the 18 month limit

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

namrod28 wrote: »
    Thats crazy did you track the applications and make sure they were both delivered. Waiting nearly 5 weeks now myself and its frustrating so he must be raging.

Well thats the best part.... we posted them in the same envelope so it did arrive.....

Just hope it isnt misplaced or anything.......:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Well thats the best part.... we posted them in the same envelope so it did arrive.....

Just hope it isnt misplaced or anything.......:confused:

In the same envelope? Hopefully they didn't think you just sent 2 copies and they just threw one out!!

I wouldn't put it past them!

Advertisement