Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 macJc

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since we got the confirmation email, so i'm really hoping we get the payment email this week!!! Waiting is hard!!!
    The waiting is hard! Did you get the payment e-mail yet? I too am 2weeks waiting tomorrow, thought id have it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

macJc wrote: »
    The waiting is hard! Did you get the payment e-mail yet? I too am 2weeks waiting tomorrow, thought id have it by now.

Im in the same boat, 2 weeks tomorrow and still no payment email.....

albablue wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, 2 weeks tomorrow and still no payment email.....
    Hopefully tomorrow then! Kinda dreading it in a way coz of all the payment mess-ups, Hopefully everything will run smoothly. Just want to get it over and done with so i can sit back and wait for my LOI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blanchlad

after the payment has been accepted does that mean more or less ur in? or does it mean thats when they start going through your forms? just a bit paranoid i messed something up.

blanchlad wrote: »
    after the payment has been accepted does that mean more or less ur in? or does it mean thats when they start going through your forms? just a bit paranoid i messed something up.

I think they go through the forms to make sure you included everything, then ask for payment. After that they have a better look at it so you can still be refused after payment but i say thats fairly rear.... ie- if they thought you were being untruthful etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

leggit wrote: »
    In the same envelope? Hopefully they didn't think you just sent 2 copies and they just threw one out!!

I wouldn't put it past them!

I hope not.... It says on the IEC website that you can submit in the same envelope if your applying as common law spouses...

Both applications were separate with passport photos on the front of applications......I was thinking that they may have thought it was one application in the two parts but there are such a small amount of pages in the first section that I doubt that........

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

macJc wrote: »
    no payment email yet, expected it yesterday, it was two weeks yesterday. will keep ye posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

no payment email yet, expected it yesterday, it was two weeks yesterday. will keep ye posted :)
    I'm the same 2 weeks yesterday and nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Got receipt of application today 23 working days in all since i sent it and was the same for couple of friends aswell and they sent theirs a week before me so that seems to be the average waiting time for the first mail. Now the fun starts!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blanchlad

Got my email saying id gotten onto the next stage after the payment, then later today got the medical forms, so now i just have to wait for the LOI, hopefully it wont be too long. Do those 2 forms usually come out in the same day or is that strange? hoping that im getting lucky and its finally starting to pick up pace and move on quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ashemaly65

Hey everyone, congrats to all who have their LOI and to those still waiting...the end is near!!! Im sure youll all hear soon! :)

Im still looking for anyone else applying from within canada for their second visa, im not sure how to get or WHERE to get insurance from within Canada for my second visa....if anyone has any information that would be great as ill have to head over the border inthe next couple of weeks to activate this visa and will want to buy insurance before going :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

ashemaly65 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, congrats to all who have their LOI and to those still waiting...the end is near!!! Im sure youll all hear soon! :)

Im still looking for anyone else applying from within canada for their second visa, im not sure how to get or WHERE to get insurance from within Canada for my second visa....if anyone has any information that would be great as ill have to head over the border inthe next couple of weeks to activate this visa and will want to buy insurance before going :)

Thanks!

My friend is in canada and had the same problem, and he just went online to quinn insurance here in Ireland, bought it online, don't know how much it cost him, but he's not the type to spend much on things like that. Hope that helps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

goforless.ie has insurance!

or FYI.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

If I get my second year I'm just going to use the insurance I'm on through my employer.

I'm assuming this is acceptable? It probably offers a higher level of cover than basic travel insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nicola90

hi,
    Me n my boyfriend have been in canada for 12months, our work visa has just expired, and we are now on a visitors visa while we try to get our nxt visa.

Does any1 know if we can apply for the IEC visa while still living here?
    We came on the USIT visa last year and i know we cant extend it..

any iformation would be a great help!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

finally got the initial email saying they'd received my application...waiting on the payment email now...woop woop! least i'm getting somewhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pauldpaul

Gigi Glee when did you send your forms away.. im in the 4 week club as of today and still no word :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Just got my notice of receipt email. Sent forms jan 23rd so took 23 working days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pauldpaul

21 working days now for me then. hopefully hear something this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Just got my notice of receipt email. Sent forms jan 23rd so took 23 working days!

hmmm.... sent mine on the 20th January and still nothing. I don't think there is a set time, friend of mine got hers after about 2 weeks!

It's a complete lottery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

pauldpaul wrote: »
    Gigi Glee when did you send your forms away.. im in the 4 week club as of today and still no word :(

Hey Paul

I sent mine by registered post on 23 Jan, and it was received by them on 26 Jan, so I've been waiting 5 weeks for them to confirm they got it.

The email I got has an attachment of a letter which said they've received my application, and that it was being checked against eligibility criteria, and that if all was ok I'd get the email about payment etc. I wont be happy til I get the Letter of Introduction tbh!!!

Chin up pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

Finally got my email requesting payment 2 and a half weeks after recepit of applicantion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 donaldoliny

Sent Registered Post 13th Jan
    Arrived at Destination on the 17th of Jan
    Today received my documents back with notice "The barcode page you submitted with your application package is of insufficient quality to be read by our scanners.

This just takes the biscuit really. there's nothing on their site stipulating the quality required of your documents. even though i did print them in the highest quality with the best printer i could get my hands on so its just an absolute pisstake.

If they were running this system intelligently they'd simply email asking for an electronic copy of my barcode pages, which they could print off in their own facilities to the standards of the scanner, as opposed to sending my documents all the way back for me to have to start all over again. so it looks like im waiting another 5 weeks before hearing from them again, at which rate, there may still be a problem.

go4less it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Sent Registered Post 13th Jan
    Arrived at Destination on the 17th of Jan
    Today received my documents back with notice "The barcode page you submitted with your application package is of insufficient quality to be read by our scanners.

This just takes the biscuit really. there's nothing on their site stipulating the quality required of your documents. even though i did print them in the highest quality with the best printer i could get my hands on so its just an absolute pisstake.

If they were running this system intelligently they'd simply email asking for an electronic copy of my barcode pages, which they could print off in their own facilities to the standards of the scanner, as opposed to sending my documents all the way back for me to have to start all over again. so it looks like im waiting another 5 weeks before hearing from them again, at which rate, there may still be a problem.

go4less it is

What a sham. Why is everything about this process so backward. They ask you to email the form anyway. Why cant they have an online system that collects all the info they need and processes the payments by credit card. Then you just have to forward on police certs and other required docs. Ive applied but dreading whats going to happen over next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Yonge Street

How many visas are left folks? Anyone got the link where it tells you?

Interested to see the rate at which they're being snapped us this year. Last year they didn't run out till Oct/Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

makita wrote: »
    Finally got my email requesting payment 2 and a half weeks after recepit of applicantion :)
    we're the same as you, 2.5 weeks since last email. Fingers crossed we get payment email this week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

Anyone having problems with making the payment anymore? Whats the best way to put the reference? LDN-IE-.......... LDNIE....... or just the last 6 digits...eg.. 000123.

I know people had problems with this in the past and I'm just wondering if it's still an issue. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Just got my receipt that they've got my application

Posted Jan 19th
    Receipt of Application: Feb 22nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

nicola90 wrote: »
    hi,
    Me n my boyfriend have been in canada for 12months, our work visa has just expired, and we are now on a visitors visa while we try to get our nxt visa.

Does any1 know if we can apply for the IEC visa while still living here?
    We came on the USIT visa last year and i know we cant extend it..

any iformation would be a great help!

Thanks

The USIT visa is the IEC visa, USIT just fleece you for helping you fill in the forms and making you book very expensive flights with them. You can reapply through the IEC but you'd need to go through the process. or you could get go4less to help you out and check your forms. It's only 60 odd quid with them, you don't have to book their flights, as opposed to the 1000's USIT charge. They'll go through your forms before you send them off and check for any mistakes. Takes about two months overall (give or take) to apply.

Advertisement