Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

got the receipt, now the hassle starts :p

sent: 23rd jan
    receipt email:22nd feb

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

We all know how frustrating this process is, and it is definately frustrating myself and my girlfriend, I received my email of notice 2 days ago(6 weeks later), we sent them off at the same time and printed them from the same printer, and we received hers in the post today saying that their scanner couldn't read the bar codes, just one more thing to add to the "successful system" that is the iec visa bunch.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hud hastings

Hey following this thread a while now and theres a lot of info,my applicaton was delivered on the 26th of january and on monday (20th feb) it was sent back to me saying it was a citizenship problem and to reapply.On the letter they had highlighted to go to www.ireland.gc.ca and apply from there,i must have downloaded from the uk iec web even though these forms are the same but the barcodes obviously didnt match,did anybody else have this problem or am i just the stupid one?!!need help here!And when you reapply does your application just go straight back to the bottom of the pile?If anybody has any info it would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

Application posted - 25th January
    Notice of receipt - 23rd February
    Roll on Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my LOI last night. Delighted!

As a previous poster mentioned, they email at strange times. Got my email at midnight.

EDIT: My timescale;
    Posted on 19th of December
    Receipt of arrival on 4th of January
    Payment email 10th of January
    Paid on the 17th, they messed up the payment.
    Finally get passed on to the 2nd stage on the 6nd of February
    Medical email 8th of February
    And Letter of Introduction on the 22 of February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

posted: january 20th

still waiting... zzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Yonge Street

EMERGENCY QUESTION

I was just about to post the forms and was double checking to make sure all my forms were filled out correctly. Then I came across a bit on the website saying that all photocopies must be certified by a judge...?! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E4

Did anyone else get the photocopies of their passports signed or certified? Please help

EMERGENCY QUESTION

I was just about to post the forms and was double checking to make sure all my forms were filled out correctly. Then I came across a bit on the website saying that all photocopies must be certified by a judge...?! http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E4

Did anyone else get the photocopies of their passports signed or certified? Please help

just do what the iec ireland website tells you to do!!! Don't look at anything else, just do this!

or go to a judge and have him certify it, your call....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Yonge Street

Did you get your passport photocopies stamped or signed leggit?

Did you get your passport photocopies stamped or signed leggit?

nope, no need.

Don't know why they have so many different conflicting application guides but the website in my last post details exactly what you need and only what you need so just follow that.

• Advertisement

I didn't sign my photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Application Posted: 26th Jan
    Arrived in London: 31st Jan (according to registered post)
    Received first email : 23rd Feb

Awaiting further instructions now, will keep ye updated. It's good to know a rough timeframe, it was driving me mad for the last few weeks not knowing

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

30th January: Applications sent
    23rd February: Confirmation email received

For everyone out there waiting, I really wouldn't stress. It'll come

Dam I'm excited, but like my mom always used to say, 'the grass always looks greener on the other side' :D

I hear der be sum jubs out Albertee way

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

EMERGENCY QUESTION

Where do people get this information from :confused:

Just follow the steps as laid out on the IEC page

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Application Sent Jan 17th
    Receipt email Feb 6th
    Payment email TODAY! Yippeeeee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Receipt email Feb 6th

Same date for receipt and payment as me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Ok I got payment email today. Went up to my bank - HSBC in Toronto - and advised them that I needed to pay all fees and charges.
    They told me that this was impossible as they had no idea what the charges were going to be on the other side!!
    Had a bit of an argument about it but came away with about paying.
    Any suggestions?

I went into my PTSB account to try do it on line but I cannot fit my WTN number in the tracking box and I'm afraid to leave any of the digits out just in case.

Is there any issue with paying from another persons account? I have a friend with TD and as she had no issues with bank charges she said I could go through hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

jackwigan wrote: »
    Receipt email Feb 6th

Same date for receipt and payment as me :)

Got my payment email today too!!! Yay! So happy!!

cally112 wrote: »
    Got my payment email today too!!! Yay! So happy!!
    excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

EMERGENCY QUESTION

No need for that kind of craic at all. Dont think it makes a difference if you get them signed or not just putting extra trouble on yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Jlav

nicola90 wrote: »
    hi,
    Me n my boyfriend have been in canada for 12months, our work visa has just expired, and we are now on a visitors visa while we try to get our nxt visa.

Does any1 know if we can apply for the IEC visa while still living here?
    We came on the USIT visa last year and i know we cant extend it..

any iformation would be a great help!

Thanks

Yeah, you can do it online from Canada. Although You will have to get photos certified by some professional who s known you 2 years either in Canada or Ireland.

How did you get onto a visitor visa? Can you simply exit at a land border and re enter straight away or did you go through the forms. I will have to change to a visitor visa soon.

Hooray!

After 5 long weeks of waiting the IEC have finally sent me back my application because their scanners couldn't read my barcode because the printing was of insufficient quality!

It's not like they couldn't have just emailed me and asked me for an electronic copy or anything..... :mad:

Well, guess I have to start all over again and buy a new printer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

leggit wrote: »
    Hooray!

After 5 long weeks of waiting the IEC have finally sent me back my application because their scanners couldn't read my barcode because the printing was of insufficient quality!

It's not like they couldn't have just emailed me and asked me for an electronic copy or anything..... :mad:

Well, guess I have to start all over again and buy a new printer :rolleyes:

same thing happened to me!!! the whole process is a joke. resent applications and they were rec on the20th of feb so realistically going by everyone on here looking at 4 weeks to receive the first email confirming they received it!! planning on flyin in may!!! i just hope there arent any other delays with it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scad8585

Hey everyone
    hope all is going well with applications.
    Still waiting to hear my final outcome, went for my medical on the 7th of feb. Has anyone else had a medical and received the LOI ?

Reason for post is im trying to find info on work visa, I intend to do my years IEC visa but towards end of it I would like to carry on with a working visa which apparently lasts 2 years. I know I will require a market labour opinion and a job offer. What I would like to know is would I be able to apply for the work visa whilst in Canada or would I have to go back to the UK ? Has anyone else done this before ??
    Cheers peeps! :D

You can stay in Canada while you apply for an LMO.

You can stay in Canada while you apply for an LMO.
    i believe so. myself and hubby hope to apply for that if we get sponsored by an employer while on IEC visa

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Hi guys, hope to apply for visa in next few days. Hope to receive police cert tomorrow. Hoping to fly out at the end of May (approx 11 weeks). Am i asking too much to get the LOI by the start of May??

After reading the last few posts I have lost all hope.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

tbayers wrote: »
    Hi guys, hope to apply for visa in next few days. Hope to receive police cert tomorrow. Hoping to fly out at the end of May (approx 11 weeks). Am i asking too much to get the LOI by the start of May??

After reading the last few posts I have lost all hope.:(

11 weeks is doable. You'd be fine I would think, but I wouldn't go booking flights just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

The process should start getting quicker once they get clearing the current backlog

It sped up greatly last year after February/March

Advertisement