Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

When you are sending in the electronic version does it matter if the form isn't signed, but the paper version was signed at the end?? Sending mine today and not sure what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Hey guys sorry if this has been posted already but I just want to make sure I do things right the first time around (prob be asking a few more of these over the next week!)

Do I need to get a medical? I know that I am not from a designated country (I checked) and am not in the list of occupations they give. I am qualified in environmental science so would I be better saying that I need one? And if I need it do I need to get it done before I send off the application? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Mossyman wrote: »
    Hey guys sorry if this has been posted already but I just want to make sure I do things right the first time around (prob be asking a few more of these over the next week!)

Do I need to get a medical? I know that I am not from a designated country (I checked) and am not in the list of occupations they give. I am qualified in environmental science so would I be better saying that I need one? And if I need it do I need to get it done before I send off the application? Thanks.

If you think you may need one, then get one I guess... but if your not working in something similar to the designated occupations then your probably fine...

You send off your application, then there is a bit of back and forth, and hopefully you get approved and moved on to the phase after payment... then they will e-mail you asking you "do you need a medical"...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

cally112 wrote: »
    When you are sending in the electronic version does it matter if the form isn't signed, but the paper version was signed at the end?? Sending mine today and not sure what to do!
    Oh gosh thats a good question, we sent our copy with no signature

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Just send it, how would you sign it anyway??? I really hope you don't start writing on your computer screen......:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

leggit wrote: »

Just send it, how would you sign it anyway??? I really hope you don't start writing on your computer screen......:D
    Lol I was thinkin more typing it! But then to revalidate it would mean changing the barcodes!! Just makin sure!! Thank u!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Hey guys. Anyone else STILL waiting on a payment email? I sent my app on Jan 13th. Received my letter of receipt on Feb 8th. Haven't heard a peep from them since then. Very annoying as I am in Canada at the mo itching to get working ASAP. Anyone in the same boat with the timescale??

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Hey guys. Anyone else STILL waiting on a payment email? I sent my app on Jan 13th. Received my letter of receipt on Feb 8th. Haven't heard a peep from them since then. Very annoying as I am in Canada at the mo itching to get working ASAP. Anyone in the same boat with the timescale??

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, sent app on January 9th, received receipt on Feb 7th and still nothing yet.

Even worse for me - I'm working here being paid cash by my nice bosses but don't know how much longer they'll do this for me. Need to get my SIN up and running again ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Sheebs wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you, sent app on January 9th, received receipt on Feb 7th and still nothing yet.

Even worse for me - I'm working here being paid cash by my nice bosses but don't know how much longer they'll do this for me. Need to get my SIN up and running again ASAP!!

Oh man! I've been trawling through this thread and there are people who have sent their apps later than us and have already paid their fees. Frustrating to say the least! Congrats on getting a cash in hand job, I've resorted to volunteer work just to keep me busy :P Hate working for freeeee :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

From what i can see every step takes 2 weeks at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Application Sent Feb 10th
    Receipt email Feb 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

Hey, is anyone else waiting over 5 weeks just to get a confirmation they received the application at all? I sent mine from New Zealand (here on a WHV) Jan 19th, it got there 23rd (tracked online and signed by a Mr Jean at the other end) and today is Feb 28th and still nothing. Stressed is not the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

coffeegal wrote: »
    Hey, is anyone else waiting over 5 weeks just to get a confirmation they received the application at all? I sent mine from New Zealand (here on a WHV) Jan 19th, it got there 23rd (tracked online and signed by a Mr Jean at the other end) and today is Feb 28th and still nothing. Stressed is not the word.

Yeah I waited 5 weeks. Got mine last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

Thanks. Just need to keep hoping I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

GOT MY LOI just after 8pm canada time!! whohooo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

So, let me get this straight...

I print off all the applicatipons forms on this link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

complete them and send them off to the high comission along with a copy of my passport etc...

I also need to send an electronic copy of my application. Is that done by "validating" my PDF files, at the above link or should it be done elsewhere?

Many thanks peoples

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SineadV

Hey following this thread a while now and theres a lot of info,my applicaton was delivered on the 26th of january and on monday (20th feb) it was sent back to me saying it was a citizenship problem and to reapply.On the letter they had highlighted to go to www.ireland.gc.ca and apply from there,i must have downloaded from the uk iec web even though these forms are the same but the barcodes obviously didnt match,did anybody else have this problem or am i just the stupid one?!!need help here!And when you reapply does your application just go straight back to the bottom of the pile?If anybody has any info it would be much appreciated
    Heya...the exact same thing happened to me. My app got sent back to me last week so I just downloaded the forms under the Ireland website and just copied everything that I had in the UK form to the Irish one. I resent everything back like I had done it before so hopefully there wont be any other problems because I was waiting about 4 weeks before they sent it back. I'm guessing it's back at the end of the pile because technically it's a new application. Best of luck with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

iamthe43 wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight...

I print off all the applicatipons forms on this link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

complete them and send them off to the high comission along with a copy of my passport etc...

I also need to send an electronic copy of my application. Is that done by "validating" my PDF files, at the above link or should it be done elsewhere?

Many thanks peoples
    Iec/ireland make sure its the irish part you are on, follow the instructions 1 to 9 fill them out then print them out make sure you read the instruction manual before you start to ask questions. You only need to send an electronic copy when they ask you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hud hastings

SineadV wrote: »
    Heya...the exact same thing happened to me. My app got sent back to me last week so I just downloaded the forms under the Ireland website and just copied everything that I had in the UK form to the Irish one. I resent everything back like I had done it before so hopefully there wont be any other problems because I was waiting about 4 weeks before they sent it back. I'm guessing it's back at the end of the pile because technically it's a new application. Best of luck with it! :)

Ye its a nuisance i done the exact same just changed the info onto the new forms and sent it away,got delivered last wednesday and no word!Id say your right its back to square one!see on the iec website yesterday this message has been added
    " processing times and service standards:
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications being received at the onset of the 2012 IEC initiative, we are currently experiencing difficulty in adhering to our service standards to process applications in eight weeks. We wish to advise our applicants that some delays in processing your application are possible, and that we will continue to endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible over the next few weeks."

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daveyf

is there any chance someone who has been approved could verify exactly what was needed??

Sorry if this has already been asked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

So, looking at the "Application for Work Permit made outside Canada" form, there are loads of questions that are completely irrlevant. i dont know who my employer is. (I intend spending a while in Whislter first!)..Stupid question, but what do we fill in there...unknown?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

So, looking at the "Application for Work Permit made outside Canada" form, there are loads of questions that are completely irrlevant. i dont know who my employer is. (I intend spending a while in Whislter first!)..Stupid question, but what do we fill in there...unknown?

The forms they are using appear to be shared across a few different types of visa applications, so anything you're unsure of, just put in unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

daveyf wrote: »
    is there any chance someone who has been approved could verify exactly what was needed??

Sorry if this has already been asked!

Ive been approved. what do you need to know?

just from reading on here something extra keeps getting added to what you need!...ive filled out my 3 forms, got a copy of my cv, got my garda certificate, passport copies, 2 photos which some people are saying you need to sign??is there anything else i need to put in it?

and also are you meant to get a conformation as soon as you give your email at the very start?? thank you

just from reading on here something extra keeps getting added to what you need!...ive filled out my 3 forms, got a copy of my cv, got my garda certificate, passport copies, 2 photos which some people are saying you need to sign??is there anything else i need to put in it?

and also are you meant to get a conformation as soon as you give your email at the very start?? thank you

This can't be stressed enough... read the checklist on the website. If you have everything they ask for, they will not refuse you for missing out on something.

Ensure you really read the forms carefully when you fill them out to ensure no mistakes. You do not need to sign your photographs..

Did you give them proof of funds? I just got my bank to issue me a statement and I popped that in at the back :)

nope i didnt give the proof of funds!ill get on that straight away

thanks for the help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

thanks for the help!!

Don't need to include proof of funds :confused:

Just put in what is here and for god's sake will someone put a note in the title for people to read the damn instructions before posting their questions in here! Must be the 5th or 6th time I've posted that link.

No signed pictures
    No proof of funds
    Just whats in the link I posted!!! That's it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

leggit wrote: »

thanks for the help!!

Don't need to include proof of funds :confused:

Just put in what is here and for god's sake will someone put a note in the title for people to read the damn instructions before posting their questions in here! Must be the 5th or 6th time I've posted that link.

No signed pictures
    No proof of funds
    Just whats in the link I posted!!! That's it!

Agreed. People need to learn how to do things themselves. You do not need proof of funds. It even says on the accompanying notes that you don't.

Just read exactly what's in the guidelines and checklists for the IEC IRELAND.

Nothing else.

I included it with mine, I had a different checklist though lol :)

And good that they added the medical declaration, waiting for them to e-mail about that was BS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Ya put in unknown but where it says steps 1 to 9 read down along that page and there is also some good informaion there.
    The most important thing to do here imo is read the instructions a few times before asking questions and after you have filled out the forms read them over and also get someone else to read them over, make a mistake and it could cost you an extra couple of months waiting time.:mad: Dont even know yet if ive made a mistake though,waiting on my payment mail.:mad:

Advertisement