Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LMCP

Got my medical email on the 17th of Feb, still waiting on my LOI - just wondering is anyone else in the same position, or has anyone already received their LOI after getting their medical email on the same date as above?Just wondering what the timeline is like at the moment as to how long it takes to get LOI after the medical email. Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

LMCP wrote: »
    Got my medical email on the 17th of Feb, still waiting on my LOI - just wondering is anyone else in the same position, or has anyone already received their LOI after getting their medical email on the same date as above?Just wondering what the timeline is like at the moment as to how long it takes to get LOI after the medical email. Thanks!

I got mine on the 17th too but got my LOI on the 27th

C@non wrote: »
    I got mine on the 17th too but got my LOI on the 27th

Thanks! Fingers crossed mine will arrive pretty soon so - my patience is running out tho! Do you mind me asking what time did you receive your email, as alot of people seem to be getting theirs at around 2am irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

How long were people waiting after they made the payment? Just wonderin! Am stressing here in work wondering did thy get it yet!!

LMCP- I got mine at 8.30 pm in Toronto.. To be honest i think i received it early as this is my second Visa so i already have my information in the system, but if yours is the first time they are probably putting all your info in the sistem to create a Client Identification Number, so i would guess this friday you will hear back hopefully.

Cally122 - I waited 1 week after making payment then i emailed them and got a reply saying it was rejected and i would of received all my forms in the post.. after i sent them 8 or 9 emails and the bank sent a few as well to confirm that payment was made. I never received ane email back but about 14 days after the date of payment email i received out of no where an email saying that i was passed on to the next stage.... so give it 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

LMCP- I got mine at 8.30 pm in Toronto.. To be honest i think i received it early as this is my second Visa so i already have my information in the system, but if yours is the first time they are probably putting all your info in the sistem to create a Client Identification Number, so i would guess this friday you will hear back hopefully.

Cally122 - I waited 1 week after making payment then i emailed them and got a reply saying it was rejected and i would of received all my forms in the post.. after i sent them 8 or 9 emails and the bank sent a few as well to confirm that payment was made. I never received ane email back but about 14 days after the date of payment email i received out of no where an email saying that i was passed on to the next stage.... so give it 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the info- im actually in toronto aswell and this is my second visa also! But like u said hopefully this friday at the latest i might hear something from them! The whole process has been ridiculously slow this year!

The whole process has been ridiculously slow this year!

I know as much as i was moaning about last years process.. from sending it to france then sending it to london, i actually would of liked it to be the same process with the same checklists and all.. it was a long process last year too, but a bit more organised. But hang in ther because i honestly expected mine to arrive friday... so who knows even tonight or tomorrow you might get it :)
    Enjoy the snow today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blanchlad

Was just wondering you got your payment received? I got onto the next stage after payment on the 21st and also got my medical email the same day. Wondering if I have much longer,and would it almost be okay to book flights?

I know as much as i was moaning about last years process.. from sending it to france then sending it to london, i actually would of liked it to be the same process with the same checklists and all.. it was a long process last year too, but a bit more organised. But hang in ther because i honestly expected mine to arrive friday... so who knows even tonight or tomorrow you might get it :)
    Enjoy the snow today!!

Ha ha - so true - other than staring at my emails all day the snow is the only other distraction!

Thanks again for all the info, good to know someone else who was in the same position!

blanchlad wrote: »
    Was just wondering you got your payment received? I got onto the next stage after payment on the 21st and also got my medical email the same day. Wondering if I have much longer,and would it almost be okay to book flights?

Ya my payment was received and sent onto the next stage on the 14th, got my medical email on the 17th but still waiting on my LOI. I think the average timelime seems to be about two weeks after the medical email to receive your LOI. Duno if i would book any flights though untill you actually get your letter - thats just my opinion tho!

• Advertisement

@LMCP
    yeah youre right,better just hold off. i need to get back asap. the job is being held for me,and i left to apply for visa in Ireland/ use the time as a holiday,didnt think it would take this long though. hopefully in the next week or so, need to be back over there for paddys day haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

Hi All, has everyone been successful making payments lately? Just wondering what to put down for the reference number...... the full LDN-IE..... or just the last 6 digits 000xxx. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Got my acknowledgement of receipt Feb 6th.
    Got rejected today Feb 29th

18month rule

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Just wondering were you supposed to get your photo's stamped at a Garda station before you sent them to the embassy or are they fine as they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

MeerKat17 wrote: »
    Just wondering were you supposed to get your photo's stamped at a Garda station before you sent them to the embassy or are they fine as they are?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Just received my payment email now, after 3 weeks..... :)

Sent application 12 January
    Email of receipt 7 February
    Payment email 29 February

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

shelhart wrote: »
    Hi All, has everyone been successful making payments lately? Just wondering what to put down for the reference number...... the full LDN-IE..... or just the last 6 digits 000xxx. Thanks
    we left out three 000 to fit in our ref....still waiting to hear if they accepted that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

shelhart wrote: »
    we left out three 000 to fit in our ref....still waiting to hear if they accepted that!!!

Crap I told the woman in the bank to leave out the LDN and keep the numbers if it didn't fit!! Hopefully we are both right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

I left out the - just waiting to here with receipt hopefully they accept it

Enjoy the snow today!!

Wud u believe i just got my LOI email!! Turns out you were pretty right with the timeframe! Sooo nice not to have to stare at my computer waiting for an email anymore!

• Advertisement

just got my LOI there. 1:20 am. back to calgary on monday. delighted. 6 weeks in total from when they received my application. and they lost my payment for 2 weeks. not bad going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jeman

Hey folks, currently living in TO looking for some feedback on processing times, how long is this typically, I know last year I got my 1st year visa in 6weeks.

Also sent my application off almost 2 weeks ago now and have yet to receive a email confirming receipt, any1 else have this issue? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

Waiting over 5 and a half weeks just to get a confirmation email they got my app. Burning holes into my computer screen with all the intense staring.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 somedeed

Quick question guys, received request for payment last night, around 19:00, 4 weeks after the acknowledged receipt of the application.

When you emailed the IMM1295 form, did you sign your name at the very end of the document, or type it for this version? Not sure whether or not to type my name in, and resave, before sending.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

somedeed wrote: »
    Quick question guys, received request for payment last night, around 19:00, 4 weeks after the acknowledged receipt of the application.

When you emailed the IMM1295 form, did you sign your name at the very end of the document, or type it for this version? Not sure whether or not to type my name in, and resave, before sending.

Just send it as is

• Registered Users Posts: 35 somedeed

Thanks leggit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

retalivity wrote: »
    Got my acknowledgement of receipt Feb 6th.
    Got rejected today Feb 29th

18month rule
    What's the 18 month rule about?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Sent Application: Jan 9th
    Receipt Email: Feb 7th
    Payment Email: Feb 29th

Getting there slowly but surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Hi guys,
    Just got my fee payment request today. I'm Just wondering about sending off my form IMM1295. Should this form include all the barcodes like in the printed version? Because when I validated and printed this form waaay back I forgot to save the validated form. So if I re-validate it wont the barcodes be different? Has anyone sent their form via email without the barcodes?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 claire124

Still waiting for my fee payment request 3 weeks later...

I'm borderline on the 18 month rule. If I get conditionally approved at this stage, is it still possible to get rejected on the 18 month rule at a later stage in the process? i.e. by the Visa Section?

From my understanding it seems that if you are going to get rejected on the 18 month rule it will be by the IEC, rather than the Visa Section. Can anyone shed any light?

Advertisement