Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

Payment accepted woohoo!! Passed to the next stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Hi guys,
    Just got my fee payment request today. I'm Just wondering about sending off my form IMM1295. Should this form include all the barcodes like in the printed version? Because when I validated and printed this form waaay back I forgot to save the validated form. So if I re-validate it wont the barcodes be different? Has anyone sent their form via email without the barcodes?

Cheers :)

Hi there,

I've actually had the same worry - I saw somewhere that someone had written the CIC and asked about this and they said it was fine - to re-validate it and send it. Still a bit nervous about it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Application sent Jan 17th
    Receipt email Feb 6th
    Payment email Feb 23rd
    Receipt of payment Mar 2nd :D

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    No

Hey dazzler,

I saw you got your acknowledgement of receipt - did Canada post tracking ever update that your letter was delivered? Ours still hasn't & no receipt yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

lindzation wrote: »
    Hey dazzler,

I saw you got your acknowledgement of receipt - did Canada post tracking ever update that your letter was delivered? Ours still hasn't & no receipt yet.

Just checked this

Last updated was that it left Canada on January 21st

They're beyond useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

namrod28 wrote: »
    What's the 18 month rule about?

You need to have lived in ireland for 18 months out of the past 3 years. I havent and was rejected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

Just checked this

They're beyond useless

Mine left Canada on the 9th and my boyfriend sent his on the 22nd.. mine still hasnt been updated his on the other hand has been received in a foreign country! No logic at all... Canada Post are a joke.. 30days now.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_E_M

CliodhnaB wrote: »
    Just checked this

They're beyond useless

Mine left Canada on the 9th and my boyfriend sent his on the 22nd.. mine still hasnt been updated his on the other hand has been received in a foreign country! No logic at all... Canada Post are a joke.. 30days now.... :mad:

Call royal mail- they can tell you of its been delivered. That's what I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Hi all,

I'm on my first IEC visa and thinking about applying from Canada for a second one. The thing is, as we all know, the rules have changed a bit since this time last year. For me, it's the change to the police cert issue that's a bit of a pain, since I've been more than 6 months in Holland, Spain and Germany (only in Germany in the last 5 years, which is a figure I see mentioned on these forums but not on the IEC site).

I'm pretty sure I mentioned these stays on my CV in last year's application but either way I'm not planning to bulls*** on my application. Just wondering if anyone had this issue or knows how stringent they are on this, because it seems a bit anal to me if I have to wade through bureaucracy/expense in 3 different languages to get police certs to even apply. Last year I just had to send the Irish police cert and they would request further police certificates if needed (which it turns out they didn't).

Other than that I might have to try through the CIC directly as a Temporary Foreign Worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

claire124 wrote: »
    Still waiting for my fee payment request 3 weeks later...

I'm borderline on the 18 month rule. If I get conditionally approved at this stage, is it still possible to get rejected on the 18 month rule at a later stage in the process? i.e. by the Visa Section?

From my understanding it seems that if you are going to get rejected on the 18 month rule it will be by the IEC, rather than the Visa Section. Can anyone shed any light?

Once you get the confirmation email that they received your application the clock stops so to speak.

Any time related parameters start with the date they received your appication

i.e. 18 month rule, length of processing times etc.

For information, my times:

Application received - January 12th
    Email confirming receipt - February 7th
    Payment request - February 29th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Has anyone received the payment e-mail lately, sick of the waiting would just like to know and start making plans to get out of here!!! Waiting two weeks now, seems like its about three weeks waiting time at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Has anyone received the payment e-mail lately, sick of the waiting would just like to know and start making plans to get out of here!!! Waiting two weeks now, seems like its about three weeks waiting time at the minute.

I'm in the same boat, I got an email on the 23rd saying they've received my application and would email for payment within the next 2 weeks...still waiting, its so frustrating! I was hoping to be out of here in April but that doesn't look like its going to happen. Can't book flights really till I get the LOI and coming into summer flights will be expensive. Grrrr! :mad:

Mine took bout two and a half weeks to get the payment email! My brother is at two and a half weeks now and still hasn't heard anything so I d say it is gone to three weeks now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

How long after making the payment does it take to get the receipt of payment and move on to the next stage paid this day last week and haven't heard anything since ?

makita wrote: »
    How long after making the payment does it take to get the receipt of payment and move on to the next stage paid this day last week and haven't heard anything since ?

I d say give it till the end of the week! I paid through AIB bank from my parents acc! Paid it last Monday and got the receipt last Friday! So think it depends on how busy they are and how you paid(online or through the bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

im still waiting on the confirmation email as its the 2nd time we have sent the applications.... first time around they sent them back because of the (stupid)issues with reading the barcodes!!! booked flights anyways was a great deal direct from shannon to toronto with air transat. we are flying in may!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 claire124

cally112 wrote: »
    Mine took bout two and a half weeks to get the payment email! My brother is at two and a half weeks now and still hasn't heard anything so I d say it is gone to three weeks now!!

I'll be waiting 4 weeks this Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 claire124

Rejected on the 18 month rule...not a massive surprise.

Processing Times
    Application sent: 10th Jan
    Confirmation of Receipt: 9th Feb
    Rejection Email: 6th March

Hope the rest of you have better luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

MeerKat17 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, I got an email on the 23rd saying they've received my application and would email for payment within the next 2 weeks...still waiting, its so frustrating! I was hoping to be out of here in April but that doesn't look like its going to happen. Can't book flights really till I get the LOI and coming into summer flights will be expensive. Grrrr! :mad:

Its frustrating alright. Very poor system the iec have in operation. I'll keep you posted if i hear anything as seen as we're around the sama timescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Processing Times

were you comfortably over, or was it borderline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Its frustrating alright. Very poor system the iec have in operation. I'll keep you posted if i hear anything as seen as we're around the sama timescale.

Cheers! I'll keep you posted if I hear anything back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Is there an option to pay over the internet? Is it quicker or slower? Only sent my app a few days ago, hoping things will speed up soon, not looking likely though!

Processing Times

Horrible!!! How scary! And the amount of time it takes just to reject you is crazy and stressful! Were you actually over the 18 months? Or just close to it? My boyfriend is at 16 months at the moment, worrying! :( Sorry that happened to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fonzy72

Should I be a little freaked out? A lady from the high commission rang me while I was in work today. She was wondering if "my common law partner was not coming with me". I had put her down on the form to say that she was. I said this to her, well that she was following on in 3 months time. She then asked if she was "seeking her own status" to which I said that she was. She said thank you very much and good bye. WTF does that mean? My other half doesn't qualify for any visa, she's coming over as a tourist, have I just fecked up my application?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Hi all,
    just wondering if people who have already received a Letter of Introduction can tell me how long it took between the payment received email and the actual notification for the Letter of Introduction? Im desperately trying to judge when to book my flight!

I received my conditional acceptance and payment request today!

Application sent Jan 13th
    Receipt email Feb 15th
    Payment request Mar 6th

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Can Canadian immigration actually find out where you've been in terms of being over the 18 month rule or have people disclosed it knowing that they'll be rejected because of it?

The only way I could think of is by looking at your passport but you could always just get a new one?

Just read this on the IEC website:
    Update on processing times and service standards:
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications being received at the onset of the 2012 IEC initiative, we are currently experiencing difficulty in adhering to our service standards to process applications in eight weeks. We wish to advise our applicants that some delays in processing your application are possible, and that we will continue to endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible over the next few weeks.

May stop me looking at my e-mails 30 times a day!.... or maybe not!

leggit wrote: »
    Can Canadian immigration actually find out where you've been in terms of being over the 18 month rule or have people disclosed it knowing that they'll be rejected because of it?

The only way I could think of is by looking at your passport but you could always just get a new one?

My passport runs out next year and I've already been told I need to contact them if changing my passport- I presume they would be able to see where you've been by a computer sysytem no?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

What is this 18 month rule?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wavvie

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has successfully paid from a Canadian bank? Like TD?

Advertisement