Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 claire124

lindzation wrote: »
    Horrible!!! How scary! And the amount of time it takes just to reject you is crazy and stressful! Were you actually over the 18 months? Or just close to it? My boyfriend is at 16 months at the moment, worrying! :( Sorry that happened to you..

Yes I was about 4 months over - I didn't actually know about the 18 month rule until after I'd sent in the application. Had I known before I could have messed with my dates a bit and might have been ok! I can apply for a different visa through my company in a couple months time, so I'll get there eventually I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

blanchlad wrote: »
    Was just wondering you got your payment received? I got onto the next stage after payment on the 21st and also got my medical email the same day. Wondering if I have much longer,and would it almost be okay to book flights?

I am just wondering if you got an answer to this? Due to my Garda cert taking a lifetime to get to me in Belfast (I am orginally from Dublin hopefully applying through the Irish process wont cause too many problems). :confused:

Registered post informed me they have recieved my application on 02/03/12, I was planning to get flights out by May. At what point in the process can you assume you are safe enough to book flights? And how much time should you give between that point and when you actually plan to leave.

Dying to get out there at this point and this whole process has been unbelievably slow so far :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Application sent Jan 17th
    Receipt email Feb 6th
    Payment email Feb 23rd
    Receipt of payment Mar 2nd
    LOI Mar 7th

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

Receipt email Feb 6th
    Payment email Feb 23rd
    LOI Mar 7th

No way!! Congrats!! Hope mine comes soon!! :)

cally112 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm sure yours will come soon too. I hope my hubbies comes soon too, other wise i'll be going nowhere!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

cally112 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm sure yours will come soon too. I hope my hubbies comes soon too, other wise i'll be going nowhere!!! :D

Lol my brother is still waitin on his payment email! Goin three now and nothing! He has the money ready and all lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Receipt email Feb 6th
    Payment email Feb 23rd
    LOI Mar 7th

Wow very quick time. Wish they could move that quick for me:(
    When are you thinking of heading over?

namrod28 wrote: »
    Wow very quick time. Wish they could move that quick for me:(
    When are you thinking of heading over?
    Flights are booked for May. Handing in my notice in work at the end of the month. EXCITED!! Hopefully yours will come through soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tedboop

Got my LOI the other day, was waiting a bit longer because I done a medical...

Waiting times were:

Sent Application - 22nd December
    Notice of Receipt - 12th January
    Accepted, Payment Requested - 13th January (Paid on the 16th)
    IEC Eligible, sent to CIC - 26th January (had a small bit of hassle with the bank transfer, e-mailed all the details to straighten it out)
    Asked if I needed a medical - 27th January (I did a medical, in Cork on Monday the 30th, it's quite expensive... about €350 for it all)
    Didn't hear anything then until the LOI which came on 5th March

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fonzy72

LOI received 7th March, woop woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

fonzy72 wrote: »
    LOI received 7th March, woop woop!
    Nice one!:D What was the timescale for your application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BLACKIE8

Hi there, just received my payment request, i am paying online, when i pay do i get a confirmation from bank then take a screen shot and send it with IMM form to iec?

Please help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Wavvie wrote: »
    Hey there, just wondering if anyone has successfully paid from a Canadian bank? Like TD?

I paid with TD 2 days ago, just gave the letter to the guy at the bank, he processed it for me, he added an extra 10 dollars to cover any fees that might be incurred. He showed me the screen where he was putting the WTN as well. Then he printed a receipt that shows everything except the WTN.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My IEC expired yesterday.
    First day of implied status!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

retalivity wrote: »

OOOOOOOHHHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

retalivity wrote: »

How did you get implied status? Did you get this confirmed or call anyone in relation to it? If so, who did you call as I will need to sort this out asap also. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

Just another update for ya's

Application sent Jan 12th
    Receipt email Feb 15th
    Payment email March 6th
    Paid online March 6th

Waiting......

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Finally got acknowledgment of receipt today! Woohoo!
    Sent: Jan 31 (from canada)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭akira336

Another update on my timeline if anyone's wanting an idea,

9th Jan: posted, regular mail
    20th Feb: Notice of receipt email received
    8th March: Payment Request, also paid same day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 conall.doherty

If your asked to pay, can you be pretty confident that ull be accepted? I only sent my forms off last week but guess i cant really book any flights until i get accepted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

When u save the pdf after validating the form I have to send to them by email....my validation code is different to the validation that is printed on my application i sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

Donkey16 wrote: »
    When u save the pdf after validating the form I have to send to them by email....my validation code is different to the validation that is printed on my application i sent?

Did you validate it again at a further date? I have the same problem, I re-validated my form after sending the original, and haven't checked but I'm assuming the code is different, not sure what to do, I guess all I can do is e-mail the form and hope for the best as I only have a few days to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

I didnt change mine at all. I had it saved on my laptop Unvalidated, and copied it too my USB so I could print it out in library....I only validated it just before i printed and then saved it with the barocodes.....but the barocode is different to the printed version.

I think thats the way its suppose to be anyway, cause i have tried it on a blank a few times since and its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

anyones application get delivered around 20th Feb get the receipt yet??? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

annm2812 wrote: »
    anyones application get delivered around 20th Feb get the receipt yet??? :(

Its generally taking 4-5 to get receipt, mine took over 4 weeks so I'd say you'll be waiting another couple of weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

I'm still waiting on receipt when according to online tracking it got there Jan 23rd. The waiting game is not fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

BLACKIE8 wrote: »
    Hi there, just received my payment request, i am paying online, when i pay do i get a confirmation from bank then take a screen shot and send it with IMM form to iec?

Please help!!

Read the payment request letter you received. It clearly says that only the Imm1295 form should be sent to that particular email address and that NOTHING ELSE should be sent to it.

Any other queries should be sent to the main address.

Only provide proof payment if they ask for it or if you haven't heard from them after the 12 payment period has expired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

If your asked to pay, can you be pretty confident that ull be accepted? I only sent my forms off last week but guess i cant really book any flights until i get accepted

wonderin meself. need to book the flights soon before prices go up, expectin the payment request this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

wonderin meself. need to book the flights soon before prices go up, expectin the payment request this week

oddly, you'll find that prices go down the closer to the departure date you get, particularly with lastminute.com and air transat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Just a brief update,

Send application 11 Jan
    Notice of receipt 7 Feb
    Payment request 29 Feb
    Paid and sent forms 1 March
    Receipt of payment 12 March

I paid through BOI, they gave me a "InterPay-Euro to EU/EEA Countries ONLY" form it has loads of space for the reference number and there were no extra charges or anything. My payment went through fine so it might be an option for people.

Has anyone sent applications in late Feb/March and got receipt of applications?

Advertisement