Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

albablue wrote: »
    Just a brief update,

Send application 11 Jan
    Notice of receipt 7 Feb
    Payment request 29 Feb
    Paid and sent forms 1 March
    Receipt of payment 12 March

I paid through BOI, they gave me a "InterPay-Euro to EU/EEA Countries ONLY" form it has loads of space for the reference number and there were no extra charges or anything. My payment went through fine so it might be an option for people.

Has anyone sent applications in late Feb/March and got receipt of applications?

My boyfriends got there around feb 8 and we recieved ack. Of receipt on march 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

This process would drive a person mad

I posted my app on Jan 18th, and I still haven't been asked to pay the money yet, almost two months later

Lucky my visa isn't up until August, imagine how annoying it would be if you were on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    This process would drive a person mad

I posted my app on Jan 18th, and I still haven't been asked to pay the money yet, almost two months later

Lucky my visa isn't up until August, imagine how annoying it would be if you were on the clock
    That's so bazaar, i sent mine off on Jan 19th and have my LOI since last Tues....its supposed to be first come first served, its definitely not the case....hope you hear soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

emaxwell14 wrote: »
    I just got that email too. People have said here earlier that they ask for medical form later but you can ignore it if the job you plan to do does not require it.

The IMM1295 form I have saved isnt validated so im not sure what to do, revalidate or just send it...Did you send yours?

Hey I'm in a similiar situation, just wondering did u revalidate it and if so was it okay? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

Got my LOI about an hour ago!! Woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

cally112 wrote: »
    Nice one congrats!
    Got my payment request e-mail today:D:D exactly 3 weeks after the receipt of application.
    Hopefully hear soon about acceptance of payment and loi then so i can get the hell out of here!!!! :p

namrod28 wrote: »
    Nice one congrats!
    Got my payment request e-mail today:D:D exactly 3 weeks after the receipt of application.
    Hopefully hear soon about acceptance of payment and loi then so i can get the hell out of here!!!! :p

Cool!! I got the reciept of payment on the bout 5 working days after paying so you haven't long to go!!!

Myself and my boyfriend got our payment requests today too, exactly 3 weeks after receipt email. Just wondering does anyone have any advice as to the best way to pay? Was gonna go into the AIB Bank in the morning and pay there?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

Myself and my boyfriend got our payment requests today too, exactly 3 weeks after receipt email. Just wondering does anyone have any advice as to the best way to pay? Was gonna go into the AIB Bank in the morning and pay there?

just out of interest when were your applications actually received at the embassy? thanks :)

Posted on the 23rd January, tracking said they were received on the 26th of January, IEC confirmed receipt of application on the 21st February and payment email today, the 13th of March. Such a slow process! Just worried about making the payment after hearing so many went missing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Thats great congrats. My hubbie is still waiting. Has your brother got his too?

Thats great congrats. My hubbie is still waiting. Has your brother got his too?

Not yet! He paid his fee on Friday so he's just waitin on the reciept now!! Can't wait to go now!! Hopefully leavin at the end of April!! :)

Myself and my boyfriend got our payment requests today too, exactly 3 weeks after receipt email. Just wondering does anyone have any advice as to the best way to pay? Was gonna go into the AIB Bank in the morning and pay there?[/QUOTE
    I paid online with their swift code because you can fit the full WTN in.But you need a code card so make sure you have one if you're doing it this way. Think they have sorted out the payment problems anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hmmquite

Hi, here's how my time frame is looking

Send application 29 Dec
    Notice of receipt 13 Jan
    Payment request 17 Jan
    Paid and sent forms 19 Jan
    Receipt of payment 25 Jan

I haven't heard anything since my app was transferred to the high commission. After the six weeks elapsed I sent them an email and they never responded, now it's been seven weeks =/

Anyone else been waiting that long? I'm kinda worrying, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

hmmquite wrote: »

Send application 29 Dec
    Notice of receipt 13 Jan
    Payment request 17 Jan

I haven't heard anything since my app was transferred to the high commission. After the six weeks elapsed I sent them an email and they never responded, now it's been seven weeks =/

Thats quite a while alright.....

I got my payment receipted on Monday - 12th March, and I just got an email today asking if I needed a medical...

Did you include the medical form? or were you an earlier application?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hmmquite

albablue wrote: »
    Thats quite a while alright.....

I got my payment receipted on Monday - 12th March, and I just got an email today asking if I needed a medical...

Did you include the medical form? or were you an earlier application?
    As I applied early they sent me an email asking if I needed a medical, and to not reply if I didn't need one. I think it took 6 weeks for everything last time I applied :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

I got my payment request today (it's been three weeks since the receipt of acceptance) so I'm delighted!

But I just have a small query, I know I have to send an electronic copy of the IMM1295 form to Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom which they still have to approve, but on that form I haven't anything to fill in for Details of Intended Work in Canada, so I've more or less left that section blank or filled in 'Unknown' where appropriate. We're going to Vancouver so should I fill that in under the location of intended employment? And for the duration of expected employment should I just fill in how long we'll be in Canada for?

Or should I just leave it and not edit the details I've already submitted?

Overthinking it much? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

hmmquite wrote: »

Send application 29 Dec
    Notice of receipt 13 Jan
    Payment request 17 Jan

That's really long. I got my LoI after 2 weeks from the payment confirmed. They say you should know then by email, or else they just post back your application. Hopefully that's not what's gonna happen to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

conorhaugh wrote: »
    I got my payment request today (it's been three weeks since the receipt of acceptance) so I'm delighted!

But I just have a small query, I know I have to send an electronic copy of the IMM1295 form to Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom which they still have to approve, but on that form I haven't anything to fill in for Details of Intended Work in Canada, so I've more or less left that section blank or filled in 'Unknown' where appropriate. We're going to Vancouver so should I fill that in under the location of intended employment? And for the duration of expected employment should I just fill in how long we'll be in Canada for?

Or should I just leave it and not edit the details I've already submitted?

Overthinking it much? :D

I wouldnt change, your supposed to send the same form as you have posted them, if you change the form you will have to re-validate the form and that'll completely change your barcodes......
    I'm new to this process but thats my opinion, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

Yeah I think I should leave it. Cheers and good luck!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

Got my payment email night before last.

WOOP!

Have to make the payment before the 25th so need to scrounge a few quid next week haha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Had a good whinge the other day and the next day received my receipt to say they had received it - 4 weeks on the dot from when they received...nice to know we are up and running, glad the sitting and waiting torture is over, lets hope the next part gets moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blount

Posted my application yesterday, hopefully the backlog has cleared up by now.
    Let the waiting commence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JordiH

Hi all,
    My wife and I received the first email saying they have received our application and that we will receive a follow-up email within two weeks. It is now 3 weeks and still no email. Is this normal?

Thanks,
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Same as my group. Wouldn't worry about it.

JordiH wrote: »
    Hi all,
    My wife and I received the first email saying they have received our application and that we will receive a follow-up email within two weeks. It is now 3 weeks and still no email. Is this normal?

Thanks,
    J

At the moment the waiting time is 3 weeks. I got mine tuesday 3 weeks after receipt of application.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

JordiH wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    J

I'm in the same boat, waiting just over 3 weeks now...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

I am same way, they had my application a month before i got my email confirming they had it! It says in the email you'll hear in 2 weeks if your approved or not, its been 3 for me and still nothing very worried, I thought going through USIT would take the stress out of it but they just saying its nothing to do with them that I havnt heard back.
    Anyone else still waiting to hear back after application confirmation, ive emailed london but they dont reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

got my loi last night at 2 mins past 12 happy days next step book flights :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Makita, How long were you waiting for your approved email from your receipt of delivery email. And how long after you made payment did you get you loi?

Advertisement