Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hamzel

HI,just joined today. only started looking into a working holiday visa for myself and partner for canada. is it best to go through usit or go through IEC directly, and when they say theyre charging 110 euro on IEC, is that for your visa,or to be a part of something else (sorry,very new to this,and dont know where to start)or should we go directly through canadian embassy xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

doing it yourself is the best bet, but follow the instructions to a tee and ask around here if youre unsure of anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hamzel

thank you so much. really appreciate it.we re going to try start application now.do you mind if i ask, do we do some of it online or do we print off those forms 1 and 2 and post them? many thanks xx
    and is it definitly through IEC that you go through. just to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

Makita, How long were you waiting for your approved email from your receipt of delivery email. And how long after you made payment did you get you loi?

Receipt of application 6th of feb
    Payment request 22nd feb
    Paid on the 27th
    Receipt of payment 14th mar
    Loi 17th march at 00.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tireoghain12

makita wrote: »
    Payment request 22nd feb
    Paid on the 27th
    Loi 17th march at 00.02

Receipt of application 9th feb
    Payment request 6th mar
    Paid on the 6th mar
    Receipt of payment 9th mar
    Loi 17th march at 00.02

Sent it off on the 14th of January

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Payment request 22nd feb
    Paid on the 27th
    Loi 17th march at 00.02

Receipt of application 9th feb
    Payment request 6th mar
    Paid on the 6th mar
    Receipt of payment 9th mar
    Loi 17th march at 00.02

Sent it off on the 14th of January

EDIT:

When viewing the LOI on an iphone, the dates aren't visible in the pdf document so it looks like they messed up.

But it looked fine when I checked it on the laptop.

Here are my dates:

Arrived in embassy on January 13th (know this from tracking)
    Receipt acknolwedgement - February 7th
    Asked for payment on Feb 29th
    Paid March 2nd
    LOI on March 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Hamzel wrote: »
    thank you so much. really appreciate it.we re going to try start application now.do you mind if i ask, do we do some of it online or do we print off those forms 1 and 2 and post them? many thanks xx
    and is it definitly through IEC that you go through. just to be sure?

not sure on those questions im afraid, youd have to ask someone who has done this year's iec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

Guys!

1. For the photos - do we need to sign or put names on the back?
    2. 'Details of my prospective employer' - the IEC guide says leave it blank, the GUIDE 5487 says if it doesn't apply write N/A - which is it?
    3. On the family info form, if no kids/partner, is it enough just to sign those sections or also put N/A in them?
    4. If you cant fit all info on one page for cv, i.e. its just over 1 page, does it matter?
    5. On the family info form, is the visa worker or other?
    6. on the IMM1295, highest level of post secondary education; does this only refer to completed, or can I input my degree im currently studying?
    7. on the IEC declaration, it asks 'enter city exactly as it would appear on your correspondance.' But I live in a town!

thanks guys....!!!:D:D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Payment request 22nd feb
    Paid on the 27th
    Loi 17th march at 00.02
    thanks makita.

henrieta wrote: »
    Guys!

1. For the photos - do we need to sign or put names on the back?
    2. 'Details of my prospective employer' - the IEC guide says leave it blank, the GUIDE 5487 says if it doesn't apply write N/A - which is it?
    3. On the family info form, if no kids/partner, is it enough just to sign those sections or also put N/A in them?
    4. If you cant fit all info on one page for cv, i.e. its just over 1 page, does it matter?
    5. On the family info form, is the visa worker or other?
    6. on the IMM1295, highest level of post secondary education; does this only refer to completed, or can I input my degree im currently studying?
    7. on the IEC declaration, it asks 'enter city exactly as it would appear on your correspondance.' But I live in a town!

thanks guys....!!!:D:D:D:p
    1. Sign the back of them and date of birth.

2. Write N/A

3. Just sign and date each section, dont write n/a in it.

4. Doesnt matter, i did 2 pages USIT didnt say you couldnt have 2 pages.

5. Tempoary worker i think.

6. I think it refers to completed unless you'll have the one your doing completed by the time you get approved. If so put that down.

7. When they say city, means the county. On my forms it said city i was born but USIT told me that when they say city it means county because thats how its put down on your passport. So if your passport says you were born dublin put dublin down even though you were born tallaght.

Hope this helps. best of luck.

• Advertisement

Cheers shelly

where does it say we need to sign/date the photos?

ON THE FAMILY INFO FORM AND GUIDE 5487 IT SAYS

"You must answer all questions. If a section does not apply to you, write ‘‘Not applicable’’ or ‘‘N/A’’. "

.... now, should I enter n/a for spouse/kids.. LOL

henrieta wrote: »
    Cheers shelly

where does it say we need to sign/date the photos?
    I went through USIT and they made me sign and put my DOB on the backs of photos. The family form again USIT said you just sign all the sections and leave the filling out part blank if you dont have kids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

I went through USIT and they made me sign and put my DOB on the backs of photos. The family form again USIT said you just sign all the sections and leave the filling out part blank if you dont have kids etc.

You don't need to sign the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

Just a little worried. My self and hubby received confirmation of our payment at the same time on the 2nd Mar. I received my LOI on the 7th Mar, but he hasn't received it yet. Should i be worried??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

hmmquite wrote: »
    Hi, here's how my time frame is looking

Send application 29 Dec
    Notice of receipt 13 Jan
    Payment request 17 Jan
    Paid and sent forms 19 Jan
    Receipt of payment 25 Jan

I haven't heard anything since my app was transferred to the high commission. After the six weeks elapsed I sent them an email and they never responded, now it's been seven weeks =/

Anyone else been waiting that long? I'm kinda worrying, lol
    any word about your LOI yet? On the payment confirmation email they say not to contact until 6 weeks are up, you are well over that, i hope they reply. This process would drive anyone cracked!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cally112

Just a little worried. My self and hubby received confirmation of our payment at the same time on the 2nd Mar. I received my LOI on the 7th Mar, but he hasn't received it yet. Should i be worried??:confused:

My brother got his LOI on the 17th! Id say give it the 6 weeks then email them about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 safeashouses

Sent application 26th Jan
    Received 23rd Feb
    Request for payment 19th March

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Finally!! I just got my payment request email!! I'm so excited! For the first time ever I wish it wasn't a bank holiday so that I can go pay for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Anybody who has had their forms sent back to them... How long did they take to send it back to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Anybody who has had their forms sent back to them... How long did they take to send it back to you?

I got the rejection email on Friday and the forms were posted to me the following Monday, 2 days later

tinyfox wrote: »
    I got the rejection email on Friday and the forms were posted to me the following Monday, 2 days later

you in Ireland, yea?

I'm over in Canada, so hopefully they don't take ages

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    you in Ireland, yea?

I'm over in Canada, so hopefully they don't take ages

Yep in Ireland, no idea how long it takes to get them back from Canada. They're so backed up with everything else at the moment, I wouldn't hold your breath

Thanks for the update

how long ago were you rejected? Send it all back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey all,
    I'm starting to think about heading off to Canada, hopefully I'm in the correct place!
    I've an Ordinary Degree in Interior Architecture, and have 3 years of a 4 year course in Building Surveying done. (Not qualified in the Surveying).
    Which Visa should I be looking at getting? If I were to make the move, I'd be hoping for something permanent. I've tried their online eligability test here, and it says I wouldn't be eligable. Is there any ways around this or what are people doing?
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ciankid22

Hey,

I just need a bit of help transferring funds with AIB online banking. If you use a card reader and just transfer the 105euro will AIB charge you or the IEC get anymore charges? Any help on how to successfully make the transfer online would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffeegal

Hi fellow stressed people,

Has anyone been waiting longer than me for receipt of email? I sent my application Jan 19th, got there Jan 23rd (tracked online) and two months later and not a peep. I've emailed them twice with urgent in the title but nothing. Cheers.

Ciankid22 wrote: »
    Hey,

I just need a bit of help transferring funds with AIB online banking. If you use a card reader and just transfer the 105euro will AIB charge you or the IEC get anymore charges? Any help on how to successfully make the transfer online would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    You need a code card with AIB, your account would be charged if you do it online but i dont think there is any charges. Use the swift code they give you because you can fit your full wtn in with this way of doing it.Thats the way i did it anyway but do it whichever way you feel more comfortable with.

coffeegal wrote: »
    Hi fellow stressed people,

Has anyone been waiting longer than me for receipt of email? I sent my application Jan 19th, got there Jan 23rd (tracked online) and two months later and not a peep. I've emailed them twice with urgent in the title but nothing. Cheers.

Seems like a long wait alright sent mine on the 21st of january and have got the payment mail last week so your's is definately taking a long time.Surely ou will hear at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

Just out of interest how can they prove you were not in the country 18 months out of the last three years?

Advertisement