Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

It's been 10 days since I received email requesting payment so today would be my last day to do that. I payed 8 days ago but still have not gotten any confirmation or anything from them about it. Should I try and contact them about this? I don't know if they got my payment or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Sent Application: Jan 9th
    Receipt Email: Feb 7th
    Payment Email: Feb 29th
    Medical Email (which I ignored): March 13th
    LOI received: March 19th

FINALLY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 namrod28

Sheebs wrote: »

FINALLY!!

Well done how long did it take to get your payment accepted? waiting a week just wondering when to expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WillAtkins261

Hello there guys, have already read a bit on this forum about what I am about to ask but need a little more information. Basically I am applying for a IEC Visa application as an 18 year old british citizen. I have completed all of the forms police checks etc and have sent it all off for special delivery tomorrow before 1pm.

So my question is, on the step by step guide you fill of a couple of forms with reference codes and confirmations that i pressume help the people at the other end to make a link between your form and their records. Well it says to save the form once completed as you will need to email it to them at a later date.. well here is the problem, i forgot to save it before i excited the page. I have copies of all the forms filled out and these do have the reference numbers on them, so i was just wondering what i should do in this situation?

Should I scan the forms to my computer and email them that way? is there a way of retrieving them via the reference number?

One more thing, having a small panic as have just been looking over copies and have realised for family information, I have not filled in the marital status of my family members... just myself?! is this a major issue?

any help would be great
    thanks will.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Anyone been waiting nearly a month to know if they have been approved or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

namrod28 wrote: »
    Well done how long did it take to get your payment accepted? waiting a week just wondering when to expect it.

I paid the fee the day after I received the email asking for payment (must have been March 1st?).

I never received anything stating my payment had been accepted - just the email about the medical on March 13th.

I paid the fee the day after I received the email asking for payment (must have been March 1st?).

I never received anything stating my payment had been accepted - just the email about the medical on March 13th.

Strange one, thought they would send it out to everyone:confused:. Bit of a flawed system really.Cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Niamh84

Im in a complete panic. After waiting 5 weeks to hear anything I just got my application back saying their scanners couldnt read the barcode. It looks perfect to me. Not faded or anything. What do I do now. Print it off the same printer and hope for the best? My boyfriends application went at the same time and was printed the same way and now I dont even know if his is on its way back or not. This system is unreal. Now Im going to be right at the back of the processing queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 annm2812

Niamh84 wrote: »
    Im in a complete panic. After waiting 5 weeks to hear anything I just got my application back saying their scanners couldnt read the barcode. It looks perfect to me. Not faded or anything. What do I do now. Print it off the same printer and hope for the best? My boyfriends application went at the same time and was printed the same way and now I dont even know if his is on its way back or not. This system is unreal. Now Im going to be right at the back of the processing queue.

the same thing happened to me in February. i had both of our applications sent initially on 6th Jan and didnt get them back until mid Feb because they couldnt read the barcodes with their scanners. i just reprinted the barcode pages and resent them but still am waiting to get the receipt email :( they were delivered on 20th Feb so i hope i hear something this week. its a disaster. and STRESSFUL

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Niamh84

Did you reprint all the forms again and resign them or just the first form called IEC application and declarations with the four big barcodes on it. Im using the same printer so I really dont know what to do. This is stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Niamh84 wrote: »
    Did you reprint all the forms again and resign them or just the first form called IEC application and declarations with the four big barcodes on it. Im using the same printer so I really dont know what to do. This is stressful.

I wouldn't chance just printing the same application again considering they might have a record against it that says it was rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I'm currently waiting to get my app package back off them for missing a signature

I've seen pretty much everyone recommending you just do up another application if this happens to you, so I'd say play it safe and do that

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

FINALLY!!

I paid on the 14th of March and it was accepted and passed on next stage on the 18th, my boyfriend was the same.

I paid on the 14th of March and it was accepted and passed on next stage on the 18th, my boyfriend was the same.
    How did you pay? We paid aib online on the 13th and have heard nothing starting to get a worried now. Sick of worrying aboout this visa.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

How did you pay? We paid aib online on the 13th and have heard nothing starting to get a worried now. Sick of worrying aboout this visa.:mad:

I went into the AIB in Grafton Street on the 14th and did 2 withdrawals (for both of us) from my account and 2 lodgements into the Canadian embassies account. Online banking showed the money left my account on the same day and I was very surprised they sent us our next stage emails so soon so you shouldn't be waiting too much longer, hope you hear back soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 earpul80

Sent Application: Jan 16th
    Receipt Email: Feb 20th
    Payment Email: March 12th
    Payed: March 15th
    Email Confirming Payment: March 15th
    2nd Stage Confirmation: March 19th

I paid from my AIB account direct; In online banking go to "Transfers and Payments" on the sidebar; next click "I want to transfer money to another ROI account", follow the details from account what appears on your account etc; Next comes where you need to put in the "Canadian Embassy" as receiver name, NSC (sort code) and Bank account number; Next put in you LDN number I put no "-" and just went with straight "LDNIEWHP000***" as the detail to show on there statement and it was accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sleepyhollows

earpul80 wrote: »

I paid from my AIB account direct; In online banking go to "Transfers and Payments" on the sidebar; next click "I want to transfer money to another ROI account", follow the details from account what appears on your account etc; Next comes where you need to put in the "Canadian Embassy" as receiver name, NSC (sort code) and Bank account number; Next put in you LDN number I put no "-" and just went with straight "LDNIEWHP000***" as the detail to show on there statement and it was accepted.

Good man yourself, That was nice and quick :eek: !

But it just goes to show that the whole thing is a compete guessing game at this stage. I received my payment email on the 6th of March and paid it online with about 3 hours.....and that's the last I have heard from them

It sounds like some people working in that office are quite efficient and others seem to doddle along, keeping the rest of us waiting!

I'm offski on Tuesday so might have to drop in on a tourist visa at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

But it just goes to show that the whole thing is a compete guessing game at this stage. I received my payment email on the 6th of March and paid it online with about 3 hours.....and that's the last I have heard from them

It sounds like some people working in that office are quite efficient and others seem to doddle along, keeping the rest of us waiting!

I'm offski on Tuesday so might have to drop in on a tourist visa at this stage :D

Same here, payment e-mail came on the 6th and I paid right away, sent the e-mail a couple of days later, haven't heard anything since.

earpul80 wrote: »

I didnt put canadian embassy down as receiver. I put allied irish bank plc surely it all goes into the same account.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

For all those moving (or thinking about moving) to Alberta!

My mom just sent this to me, it's a pretty awesome video showing off Alberta & what it has to offer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 minnow1

annm2812 wrote: »
    the same thing happened to me in February. i had both of our applications sent initially on 6th Jan and didnt get them back until mid Feb because they couldnt read the barcodes with their scanners. i just reprinted the barcode pages and resent them but still am waiting to get the receipt email :( they were delivered on 20th Feb so i hope i hear something this week. its a disaster. and STRESSFUL
    Yeah it really is! Had to reapply too, and sent it registered post so I KNOW it reached the embassy on the 20th Feb, still haven;t heard anything and I'm freaking out!! Really want to get going now, especially since this is my second application cos they cancelled my initial application back in Jan cos they couldn't find my payment ( inspite of mails from the bank, copies of the lodgement slip etc etc..) And they seem to keep adding new requirements and regulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Sent Application: Jan 6th
    Receipt Email: Feb 6th
    Payment Email: Feb 23rd
    Payed: Feb 24th
    2nd Stage Confirmation: March 2nd
    Medical Email - March 6th
    Visa Approval - March 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Finally my partner received her police certificate and sent in the application today. My one was sent in appox at the start of March. Thing is we want/need to be in Canada at the start of June (Jobs lined up etc), the middle of June at the latest. Now if the Visas don't come in time we have decided to wait till next Febuary March to up ship.

But what happens if we get a LOI and decline to use it? Can a simple email be sent saying you don't wish to avail of it? And will this affect future applications??

Hopefully we won't need to do this and the LOI's will get here by the end of May, I aint holding my breath though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

tbayers wrote: »
    Finally my partner received her police certificate and sent in the application today. My one was sent in appox at the start of March. Thing is we want/need to be in Canada at the start of June (Jobs lined up etc), the middle of June at the latest. Now if the Visas don't come in time we have decided to wait till next Febuary March to up ship.

But what happens if we get a LOI and decline to use it? Can a simple email be sent saying you don't wish to avail of it? And will this affect future applications??

Hopefully we won't need to do this and the LOI's will get here by the end of May, I aint holding my breath though!!

As far as I'm aware, once you get the LOI then it's considered that you used it. You can't just delay it till next year

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Quick question, if you get accepted, how long can you wait to activate your visa and do you have a year then from when it starts? Thanks

tbayers wrote: »

tbayers, once you get you loi, you have a year to use it. So if you get it start april this year we'll say you have till the start of april next year to use it. But once you get you loi you can only apply one other time through the IEC programme, whether you use the first one or not its classed as one use up.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

ShellyEnnis, thanks, that is a relief, I was under the impression that you have limited time in which to use it. That takes a lot of pressure off!!

Are you not worried in case they didnt get the payment? freaking out myself as my 12 days are nearly up. rang the bank in dublin and everything.

No hassle tbayers. Anyone else in my position right now. Got email of receipt 24th feb told 2 weeks id know it'll be 28days tomorrow and still nothing. From what i can tell most people so far have gotten a email in 22-26 days, stressed right now, anybody still waiting to hear something!!! Cant email london cause they dont answer emails and went through USIT and they saying now nothing to do with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

Hi there completely demented waiting on this visa as I'm sure everybody else is. I'm just wondering has anyone who sent theirs in around mid Fed gotten the reciept email yet? Just hoping to get a gauge of the delays. Even posting to say you are yet to hear from them would help. Its been 5 weeks and im starting to worry :(

Advertisement