Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

That sounds positive, thanks a million for that, all I need now is to pass without a hitch. I'm so nervous about it. It has been such a drawn out event with way too much guess work.
    On a positive note, weather in Toronto this weekend is to be mid twenties! ðŸ

Have a great trip and fingers crossed for good news soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shemfloy

Application Sent Feb 16th
    Receipt email Mar 22nd
    Payment Email: Apr 20th
    Payment and form sent: Apr 20th
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: May3rd
    Letter of Introduction: May 15th @ 1am

:)

shemfloy wrote: »
    Application Sent Feb 16th
    Receipt email Mar 22nd
    Payment and form sent: Apr 20th
    Letter of Introduction: May 14th @ 1am

:)

Aahhh that's great, lucky you, congratulations.
    I am 6 days later than you at the 2nd stage so hopefully there's some good news coming.

Terrified and excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

Hi all. I paid on the 27th of April . I paid cash just went into the local aib bank. Has anyone who paid around this time got confirmation of payment yet?? It's frustrating. Also my boyfriend paid the week before around the 17th and he still hasn't heard anything. Getting really worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

Finally, Yay!!

Application Sent Feb 28th
    Receipt email Mar 22nd
    Payment and form sent: Apr 22nd
    sent the wrong form, asked for right one: Apr 24th
    Letter of Introduction: May 15th @ 1am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shemfloy

Aahhh that's great, lucky you, congratulations.
    I am 6 days later than you at the 2nd stage so hopefully there's some good news coming.

Terrified and excited!

Thanks ;) I'm sure you'll hear good news from them very soon. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Got passed to second stage this morning after paying on April 27th

I had emailed them every day inquiring about my payment, so it seems to have worked

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fedupwaiting

Hi there,
    I'm at week 12 this week of my application. My timeframe is:

Receipt of app: Feb 23rd
    Request of payment: mar 21st
    Sent to cic: april 24th and still waiting.

Getting so fed up now at this stage. It's very disheartening. People keep asking me when am I going and it's actually embarrassing at this stage constantly saying "I dont know". Also looking at all these threads from people who applied in february and march and have their visas now, "strictly first come, first served" my backside :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

OMG this is actually doing my head in. For anyone who doesn't know my story so far:

I sent away full application 27/04/2012 but filled in form IMM1925 by hand instead of validating it online. Realised this the day after i sent it so sent it out with a letter saying how grateful i'd be if they could link it up with my original application.

Few days after, I receive my email of receipt with my WTN on it. I then decide it might be a good idea to send the validated form again, including my reference number in order to make it more easier to connect it to my application.

Anyway, on Friday I receive back the first validated one I sent, with an extra letter saying can you please submit the full application, we have sent your first part back. Well that was on Friday and they haven't sent my first part back. They still have the second one I sent with the WTN on it.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got my email of receipt and they said they would let me know by email within 2 weeks if i was successful or not...do they normally get back within 2 weeks or is it usually longer?

I mean do you think my original application has been sent back to me and has been lost in the post or something (which means the whole thing is ruined)?

Best case scenario they've still got my original application, attached my validated form with it using my WTN number and I get an email this week requesting payment.

So disheartened by this whole damn thing it is such a nuisance, it should all be online like the australian one to make things a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

Any ideas or advice on what the next stage might be for me? really appreciate responses!

also, it's called a World Tracking Number..so is there somewhere where I can enter in my WTN and find out what the status is on my application? THANKS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Just filling in our forms now (a tad late, but fingers crossed) - only problem is in the 2nd set of documents, the 3rd step of the application IMM1295, the document wont open in PDF? I've downloaded the latest Adobe and everything, but no joy. Could someone do me a favour and see if they can get it to open, so I can work out if it's my computer or not? Or any other advice would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 conorhaugh

Good luck guys still waiting on hearing back! :)

Just a quick double-check, I've got my LOI etc but just wondering does anyone know when I'm going to Dublin airport what forms should I be bringing with me? What forms will be issued to me at the airports?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Just filling in our forms now (a tad late, but fingers crossed) - only problem is in the 2nd set of documents, the 3rd step of the application IMM1295, the document wont open in PDF? I've downloaded the latest Adobe and everything, but no joy. Could someone do me a favour and see if they can get it to open, so I can work out if it's my computer or not? Or any other advice would be much appreciated.
    hey just tried it there for you on my computer and the pdf opens fine!! try this link

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

thats what i have and it works fine.

Fifibella wrote: »
    Hi all. I paid on the 27th of April . I paid cash just went into the local aib bank. Has anyone who paid around this time got confirmation of payment yet?? It's frustrating. Also my boyfriend paid the week before around the 17th and he still hasn't heard anything. Getting really worried now.
    I didn't get confirmation of my payment and they actually say they won't confirm it, but I did move to the next stage.

skreepers wrote: »
    OMG this is actually doing my head in. For anyone who doesn't know my story so far:

I sent away full application 27/04/2012 but filled in form IMM1925 by hand instead of validating it online. Realised this the day after i sent it so sent it out with a letter saying how grateful i'd be if they could link it up with my original application.

Few days after, I receive my email of receipt with my WTN on it. I then decide it might be a good idea to send the validated form again, including my reference number in order to make it more easier to connect it to my application.

Anyway, on Friday I receive back the first validated one I sent, with an extra letter saying can you please submit the full application, we have sent your first part back. Well that was on Friday and they haven't sent my first part back. They still have the second one I sent with the WTN on it.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got my email of receipt and they said they would let me know by email within 2 weeks if i was successful or not...do they normally get back within 2 weeks or is it usually longer?

I mean do you think my original application has been sent back to me and has been lost in the post or something (which means the whole thing is ruined)?

Best case scenario they've still got my original application, attached my validated form with it using my WTN number and I get an email this week requesting payment.

So disheartened by this whole damn thing it is such a nuisance, it should all be online like the australian one to make things a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

Any ideas or advice on what the next stage might be for me? really appreciate responses!

also, it's called a World Tracking Number..so is there somewhere where I can enter in my WTN and find out what the status is on my application? THANKS
    The only thing I can help you with is the 2 wks thing, that is completely notional. I got that letter and they wrote to me 4 wks and 2 days later so try to wait it out.

It is the most drawn out, poorly managed and badly communicated process I have ever in my life had to interact with.
    I'm sick and tired of not knowing if I'm going, when I'm going. I hope it's flaming worth it!

conorhaugh wrote: »
    Good luck guys still waiting on hearing back! :)

Just a quick double-check, I've got my LOI etc but just wondering does anyone know when I'm going to Dublin airport what forms should I be bringing with me? What forms will be issued to me at the airports?

Thanks!
    This link should do the trick for you

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/guide/obtaining_your_work_permit-obtenir_un_permis_de_travail.aspx?view=d

Congratulations and best of luck :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    I got my LOII :D

Next stop, insurance.....

Quick q.. for those with LOI, what was the name of the LOI pdf as sent in the email?
    also, normally with all other IEC correspondance there was a frenc version, but not with the LOI, anyone else found that?
    and, it doesnt mention the words 'iec' 'open' (work permit) or 'working holiday' - just that work/study visa has been approved etc etc? thats normal right? just checking.......!

thx

henrieta wrote: »
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    I got my LOII :D

Next stop, insurance.....

Quick q.. for those with LOI, what was the name of the LOI pdf as sent in the email?
    also, normally with all other IEC correspondance there was a frenc version, but not with the LOI, anyone else found that?
    and, it doesnt mention the words 'iec' 'open' (work permit) or 'working holiday' - just that work/study visa has been approved etc etc? thats normal right? just checking.......!

thx
    Hi there,
    I got an email last night too.
    It's a PDF 5665, but what the LOI is not referred to anywhere. It says I have been approved to work or study and must travel before May next year. Does this sound the same as yours?
    Likewise, there was no French version.

It starts off like this:::

Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully

On the insurance front, I have made enquiries with Ace and they do a 13 month overseas insurance package (this is imporant, make sure your insurance is valid for 12 months from date of travel at least, otherwise, your permit will only be granted for the duration of the insurance)

http://www.aceinsure.ie/

2nd application on March 3rd
    Application received March 26th
    Accepted, payment requested April 24th
    Eligible, sent to CIC May 9th
    Approved, May 16th

Woooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Sent my application on May 4th, got receipt of application email yesterday, May 15th.

What are my chances of being asked for payment before June 7th??

Off to Poland for 2 weeks then and will be quite a pain if they ask for it while I'm there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

Hey,

I paid the fee via my AIB a/c on 30 March and had my bank confirm the payment by e-mail also.
    But I've received no confirmation of payment or any other communication from them since they requested the payment.
    I've sent a few e-mails looking for an update but received nothing back.

Anyone experiencing the same??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

toetatoe wrote: »
    Hey,

I paid the fee via my AIB a/c on 30 March and had my bank confirm the payment by e-mail also.
    But I've received no confirmation of payment or any other communication from them since they requested the payment.

After you send them the e-mail to accompany your payment (as outlined in your conditional acceptance e-mail) with the application form and WTN you immediately get a response from them.

leggit wrote: »
    Sent my application on May 4th, got receipt of application email yesterday, May 15th.

What are my chances of being asked for payment before June 7th??

Off to Poland for 2 weeks then and will be quite a pain if they ask for it while I'm there!!

None, enjoy your time off.

Hi there,
    It's a PDF 5665, but what the LOI is not referred to anywhere. It says I have been approved to work or study and must travel before May next year. Does this sound the same as yours?

Your study or work permit will be issued to you upon arrival in Canada, subject to your compliance with the
    requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. It will allow you to study or
    work in Canada for a temporary period only. Read the terms and conditions carefully

On the insurance front, I have made enquiries with Ace and they do a 13 month overseas insurance package (this is imporant, make sure your insurance is valid for 12 months from date of travel at least, otherwise, your permit will only be granted for the duration of the insurance)

The LOI is literally that, just a letter inviting you to Canada). You print off that entire e-mail, and the attachment if there is any, and present it at customs alongside the other documents. The Canadian Government (customs) then print off, issue and stamp your Permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

After you send them the e-mail to accompany your payment (as outlined in your conditional acceptance e-mail) with the application form and WTN you immediately get a response from them.

That's just an automated response to say that they have received the e-mail you just sent. Nothing to do with payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Quota: 5,350
    Working Holiday places remaining: 231
    Updated: 16/05/2012

I hope I get one of those places!
    Once I get confirmation they have my application a visa is put by for me is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

Hi there,

Yes the same!
    And how come you're getting 13 months insurance? Thanks for the link tho. :)

henrieta wrote: »
    Hi there,

Yes the same!
    And how come you're getting 13 months insurance? Thanks for the link tho. :)

Sorry, if I confused you.
    It's just an option they offered when I enquired.
    But definitely make sure it's valid for 12 months from date of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

toetatoe wrote: »
    Hey,

Yeah exact the same with me. Paid on April 1st and nothin since. What payment method did you use? I used aib online iban/swift method..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Have ye been emailing them?

I was mailing them constantly until I got passed on to the next phase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nnngarry

Hey Guys,

I'm new to all this but im hoping someone can help me!! On the 3rd of this month I received my "notice of receipt" email from the IEC, it stated they would examine my application and in the next 2 weeks get back to me and let me know if I meet the criteria! The 2 weeks has passed today and I'm wondering if this is a bad sign for my application and if it is normal for them not to reply within the 2 weeks they stated?
    Thanks for your Help!
    Nnngarry

Advertisement