Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

shemfloy wrote: »
    Application Sent Feb 16th
    Receipt email Mar 22nd
    Payment Email: Apr 20th
    Payment and form sent: Apr 20th
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: May3rd
    Letter of Introduction: May 15th @ 1am

:)
    have to ask,did you get confirmation of payment before (or at al) with loi?or did you just get confirmation of cic phase then LOI?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

skreepers wrote: »
    OMG this is actually doing my head in. For anyone who doesn't know my story so far:

I sent away full application 27/04/2012 but filled in form IMM1925 by hand instead of validating it online. Realised this the day after i sent it so sent it out with a letter saying how grateful i'd be if they could link it up with my original application.

Few days after, I receive my email of receipt with my WTN on it. I then decide it might be a good idea to send the validated form again, including my reference number in order to make it more easier to connect it to my application.

Anyway, on Friday I receive back the first validated one I sent, with an extra letter saying can you please submit the full application, we have sent your first part back. Well that was on Friday and they haven't sent my first part back. They still have the second one I sent with the WTN on it.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got my email of receipt and they said they would let me know by email within 2 weeks if i was successful or not...do they normally get back within 2 weeks or is it usually longer?

I mean do you think my original application has been sent back to me and has been lost in the post or something (which means the whole thing is ruined)?

Best case scenario they've still got my original application, attached my validated form with it using my WTN number and I get an email this week requesting payment.

So disheartened by this whole damn thing it is such a nuisance, it should all be online like the australian one to make things a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

Any ideas or advice on what the next stage might be for me? really appreciate responses!

also, it's called a World Tracking Number..so is there somewhere where I can enter in my WTN and find out what the status is on my application? THANKS
    chin up,this stuff we are going through is basically a joke at this stage,I sent my app off on the 29th of March,only passed to cic on the 15th of May.no conf. of payment,no nothing.i have a couple of convictions as well but still haven't heard good or bad yet!so maybe that's good,or not,none of us will know till its all said and done,unfortunately.all I can say is don't pin everything on this,there's other options,that said though,I wish you All the luck,coz it'll be a miracle if I get mine.chin up,a wee prayer probably wouldn'tdo any harm either!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

toetatoe wrote: »
    Hey,

I paid the fee via my AIB a/c on 30 March and had my bank confirm the payment by e-mail also.
    But I've received no confirmation of payment or any other communication from them since they requested the payment.
    I've sent a few e-mails looking for an update but received nothing back.

Anyone experiencing the same??

Im in the exact same situation and have emailed them 6 times.

conditional acceptance 4th april
    payment sent april10th
    imm1295 send april 10th
    received immediate auto response
    nothing since even though friends in similar situation received receipt of payment.

still waiting for reply on email

nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

Quote=karlcox2;78725101]
    Hey,

I paid the fee via my AIB a/c on 30 March and had my bank confirm the payment by e-mail also.
    But I've received no confirmation of payment or any other communication from them since they requested the payment.

My boyfriend is in the same situation.he paid on the 17th of April and still nothing. I have read on this that people who sent their payment after this have received confirmation of payment. Its really frustrating. I wonder has anyone not got confirmation of payment and just LOI??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Have ye been emailing them?

I was mailing them constantly until I got passed on to the next phase

Yeah been emailing them every other day. Gonna start emailing them twice a day now cause its a joke at this stage. Its over 6 weeks since i paid and it will be 12 weeks tomorrow since they received my application.. ;-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JamesA1984

Over 13 weeks into the application (just over 3 since I was passed on to the final stage), actually heading to London in 3 weeks quite tempted to go there and get some answers off them if my LOI isnt in my inbox by then - worth a try??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

what are you going to do? storm the embassy? Even if you do get past the armed guards, the security camera and the laser system there is still the double bolted cryptonite plated nucler bomb proof door in to Room 514.

Seriously though unless you have offical business in the embassy or you're canadian they probably wont let you through the front gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Is it health insurance or travel insurance you need to show at immigration?

Same thing really. Travel insurance is to cover any medical bills you might have while traveling

Same thing really. Travel insurance is to cover any medical bills you might have while traveling

Cool defo go for Travel insurance it's much cheaper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mtl2012

Application Sent Feb 16th
    Receipt email Mar 22nd
    Payment Email: Apr 19th
    Payment and form sent: Apr 20th
    Accepted and passed to cic for 2nd stage: april 25th
    Letter of Introduction: May 10th
    for the payment, as we knew it was tricky for them to find payments in their accounts, we put in the subject line of the message "payment made on april 19th,made at aib XYZ branch, at 3.04pm.
    The teller would not give us the sent payment reference, but at least, if you give them all details to make it easier to trace back in an account, they will find it.
    best of luck to you all! Hope you enjoy Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Fifibella wrote: »
    Quote=karlcox2;78725101]

My boyfriend is in the same situation.he paid on the 17th of April and still nothing. I have read on this that people who sent their payment after this have received confirmation of payment. Its really frustrating. I wonder has anyone not got confirmation of payment and just LOI??

My girlfriend never got confirmation of payment and her LOI arrived yesterday. Mine came the day before even though I paid about a week after her. They seem to have the applications in a right jumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

My girlfriend sent her money 6 weeks ago...two follow up emails...haven't heard anything from embassey even confirming they got the money.

Fortunately I've got a new job who are going to help us out with our immigration and we can avoid this madness, but has anyone got their money back from the IEC yet??

They've had a bad this year, them IEC folk.

They don't update the quota for weeks now they are updating daily!

Quota: 5,350
    Working Holiday places remaining: 131
    Updated: 17/05/2012

How do I know when that I have been allocated a visa in the quota?
    When I receive confirmation they have my application?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

Hey,

hey that happenned me too, I paid 15th march in AIB never received payment confirmation... turns out the bank left out last 4digits on ref number!!! go into bank again and get full ref number that went through on their end..Then e.mail them ur bank confirmation, WTN no, and the WTN as it came up in the bank.... Ive done that but still havent received any reply back. So i dunno whats happenin now???just waitin 4reply if they got it/still in the running etc... But def check bank

doneill85 wrote: »
    Yeah exact the same with me. Paid on April 1st and nothin since. What payment method did you use? I used aib online iban/swift method..
    check ur bank put in all of the WTNnumber. That happenned me(4 digits were cut off by AIB)

chin up,this stuff we are going through is basically a joke at this stage,I sent my app off on the 29th of March,only passed to cic on the 15th of May.no conf. of payment,no nothing.i have a couple of convictions as well but still haven't heard good or bad yet!so maybe that's good,or not,none of us will know till its all said and done,unfortunately.all I can say is don't pin everything on this,there's other options,that said though,I wish you All the luck,coz it'll be a miracle if I get mine.chin up,a wee prayer probably wouldn'tdo any harm either!

I feel ur pain...Sent my application 26th JAN!!!!! :( ooh someday ill get there hopefully... Just annoying nobody replies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

nms wrote: »
    hey that happenned me too, I paid 15th march in AIB never received payment confirmation... turns out the bank left out last 4digits on ref number!!! go into bank again and get full ref number that went through on their end..Then e.mail them ur bank confirmation, WTN no, and the WTN as it came up in the bank.... Ive done that but still havent received any reply back. So i dunno whats happenin now???just waitin 4reply if they got it/still in the running etc... But def check bank

Yeah I checked with the bank the day after I made the payment and they saw that the reference was screwed up, so they e-mailed IEC on my behalf with all the details. Guess at this stage I'll just have to wait and see if they come back with the LOI.

Yeah I checked with the bank the day after I made the payment and they saw that the reference was screwed up, so they e-mailed IEC on my behalf with all the details. Guess at this stage I'll just have to wait and see if they come back with the LOI.

E-mail them yourself too.. Alot!!!! Jesus I just hope they match our payments and issue it soon... and we dont have to reapply all over again... Ive changed my flights about 4times already and will have to do it again.. next ones 23rd may :(....went through USIT. chargin us to change them now. Its pain, wouldnt have known to check bank only for bein on boards...no e.mail sayin no payment or anythin!!! argh

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I received my payment request today, but can someone tell me what IBAN and Swift Code are for because on my online banking for bank of ireland it doesn't say anything about adding these things on?

• Advertisement

bpoleary wrote: »
    I received my payment request today, but can someone tell me what IBAN and Swift Code are for because on my online banking for bank of ireland it doesn't say anything about adding these things on?

Actually I've just found out what those mean, but is it still necessary to have those because as I already stated, my online banking doesn't ask for those when entering bank accounts that are based in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Happydaze99

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting on Boards.ie but this bloody application has me so stressed out i said i had to get some advice.

I paid my fee 3 weeks ago and sent the form by email to the correct email but only received an email back saying
    "Your e-mail has been received. This mailbox is to be used exclusively for
    the submission of Applications for Work Permits under the International
    Experience Canada program. Inquiries about the program are to be directed
    to: ldn.iec@international.gc.ca"

I'm afraid now that this was the wrong email or else it was mixed up for some reason? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have my flights booked for the start of June and am really worried now that theres not a hope im going to get my visa and permit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 coll123

bpoleary wrote: »
    Actually I've just found out what those mean, but is it still necessary to have those because as I already stated, my online banking doesn't ask for those when entering bank accounts that are based in Ireland

You do not need them to make a transfer, just sort code and a/c number. If I were you, I would make the transfer from an account not with AIB, reading the threads it seems that most of the problems that people seem to be having regarding missing digits in ref no etc are happening when payments are sent from AIB accounts. It may just be that most people bank with AIB and therefore there are more complaints about that bank, noone knows for sure but if I still had to make payment I would use another bank - family member/friends a/c etc

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting on Boards.ie but this bloody application has me so stressed out i said i had to get some advice.

I paid my fee 3 weeks ago and sent the form by email to the correct email but only received an email back saying
    "Your e-mail has been received. This mailbox is to be used exclusively for
    the submission of Applications for Work Permits under the International
    Experience Canada program. Inquiries about the program are to be directed
    to: ldn.iec@international.gc.ca"

I'm afraid now that this was the wrong email or else it was mixed up for some reason? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have my flights booked for the start of June and am really worried now that theres not a hope im going to get my visa and permit :(

Thats the automated response everyone gets. don't worry your fine

coll123 wrote: »
    You do not need them to make a transfer, just sort code and a/c number. If I were you, I would make the transfer from an account not with AIB, reading the threads it seems that most of the problems that people seem to be having regarding missing digits in ref no etc are happening when payments are sent from AIB accounts. It may just be that most people bank with AIB and therefore there are more complaints about that bank, noone knows for sure but if I still had to make payment I would use another bank - family member/friends a/c etc

Thanks very much, I'm actually using my own Bank of Ireland account to make the transfer

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Was hoping to apply for the IEC with the missus there last week, it was at about four hundred, but had not been updated since the 3/05, and I look today and the ammount of places it has left is 131.. her passport is in date until Feb 2014, so she was going to apply for a new one and then apply for the visa I take it its too late now?
    and when that number reaches 0, is there no spots for this year, or can yea still apply for jan next year?

Lenny wrote: »
    Was hoping to apply for the IEC with the missus there last week, it was at about four hundred, but had not been updated since the 3/05, and I look today and the ammount of places it has left is 131.. her passport is in date until Feb 2014, so she was going to apply for a new one and then apply for the visa I take it its too late now?
    and when that number reaches 0, is there no spots for this year, or can yea still apply for jan next year?

I've been having a look at the numbers and at one point they went up, not sure how it works to be honest or how it could fluctuate like that.

That being said, you've nothing to lose by applying. If it reaches zero they may decide to throw on another 200 or more into the quota and take applications that arrived after it reached zero. Just a "what if" scenario but you never know!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sacramento wrote: »
    I've been having a look at the numbers and at one point they went up, not sure how it works to be honest or how it could fluctuate like that.

That being said, you've nothing to lose by applying. If it reaches zero they may decide to throw on another 200 or more into the quota and take applications that arrived after it reached zero. Just a "what if" scenario but you never know!
    yea I was thinking they could just higher the quota alright, or maybe when people are returning home it could free up some spaces. Just gonna be a pain waiting on her passport she only sending it off tomorrow..
    Just so I get it right..
    I apply,
    I get confirmation
    I get reuqest for payment,
    I send payment.
    goes to another stage,
    then if I get the visa do they give me a date. or can I pick my own date for when it starts(I haven't booked flights or anything)
    Would be hoping to head off around oct/nov

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mycity

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Have ye been emailing them?

I was mailing them constantly until I got passed on to the next phase

Dazzler, how many times did u mail them before u got a reply? I paid on the 3rd of April & have now emailed 15 times & still no response!!

My email includes all payment details from AIB (which their system fu(k€d up). So frustrating!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Mycity wrote: »
    Dazzler, how many times did u mail them before u got a reply? I paid on the 3rd of April & have now emailed 15 times & still no response!!

My email includes all payment details from AIB (which their system fu(k€d up). So frustrating!!!

I paid from Van City bank in Vancouver, so I thankfully wasn't affected by the AIB issue

I got my mate (who works at AIB) to let me know when the payment went through. Then once I knew it was in their account, I emailed every morning, with my WTN in the subject line and a copy of my payment receipt until they passed me to the next phase

Took two weeks, money was just sitting in their account for two weeks

Advertisement