Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

conorhaugh wrote: »
    Six of us are supposed to be going to Vancouver on May 29th, only two of us have been approved so far. The two approved actually went to the AIB and paid the €105 through a teller, the four as yet unapproved did it online. I know most of you are probably past that stage now but just a word of warning in case people still have to pay; I think it's worth paying in the bank to avoid potential f#ckups.

On another note, two of the lads decided to be incompetent and forget to send the electronic copy of the IMM1295 as well as their payment. Anything they can do to fix that or should they start from square one again? It's been over a month... Cheers :)

Did they send them at all? even after they realised their mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

Hello all. My boyfriend hasn't received confirmation of payment yet even though he paid on the 17 th of April. Just remembered there that he didn't send original IM1295 because it hadn't saved properly on his laptop but he filled out another one, but I guess the barcodes would be different. Anyone else in the same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mul123

hi there,
    i paid on the 24th April from an aib bank at a kiosk.which is electronic trnsfer. I have not recieved payment confirmation from the embassy. After I read earlier posts about errors with Aib i then rang customer care. they basically said they cannot ammend what appears in the account as it has already gone through. does anyone know what to do to rectify the problem? how have other people addressed the issue and has anyone successfully made it to the next stage after the payment mess up?

What problem? did you put the wrong reference on? It's too late to pay again so theres not much you can do. What did you put as the recipients reference?

What problem? did you put the wrong reference on? It's too late to pay again so theres not much you can do. What did you put as the recipients reference?

i put my complete WTN as the reference number, but when i rang aib customer care they advised me that the last three digits were cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

mul123 wrote: »
    hi there,
    i paid on the 24th April from an aib bank at a kiosk.which is electronic trnsfer. I have not recieved payment confirmation from the embassy. After I read earlier posts about errors with Aib i then rang customer care. they basically said they cannot ammend what appears in the account as it has already gone through. does anyone know what to do to rectify the problem? how have other people addressed the issue and has anyone successfully made it to the next stage after the payment mess up?

I havent heard anything back since i paid on April 1st. I used aib online to pay it. I rang aib and they said that the reference number was fine at the embassy end, no numbers cut off or anything. I get the feeling that they are leaving all the problematic aib online/kiosk payments until the end to process. With the number of visas left dropping so quickly every few days i reckon they are aiming to get that number to 0 before sorting out the aib electronic transfer problems. Its all speculation tho, ya never know whats goin on... The only saving grace is that they havent emailed me saying ive been rejected due to non payment. Id imagine my payment is sitting there in a big jumbled up electronic pile along with everyone else who has been waiting for so long:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Hey guys did you contact them by email to ask if your payment went through?if so what email address did yous use?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

I hope I'm not asking way too many stupid but in regards to emailing them the IMM1295 when they ask you to transfer the payment, must you put your WTN in where it says UCI at the top because when I looked into it on their website, the UCI does sound very similiar to your WTN but I'm still not 100% sure if they're the same thing or not. Any help from anyone who has been fully approved already would be greatly appreciated!

My advice would be to email them, explaning when you paid include the last 3 digits of the account the money came out of etc.

They wont reply but at least then its on record.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

My advice would be to email them, explaning when you paid include the last 3 digits of the account the money came out of etc.

They wont reply but at least then its on record.

Ok thanks dave?i will do that, btw what email should i use,the one where i sent the imm1295 forum or the canadian one?thanks

• Advertisement

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca emailed several times and have only received an automated response.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

I also have the same problem, last two digts of my WTN were cut off. Emailed the embassy there to explain the situation and I was also advised by AIB customer service to attach an image of my internet transaction as proof to the e-mail.

Hopefully I'll hear back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

My deadline for payment was the 16th of May and I paid well in advance of that but only found out that you had to send the IMM1295 too. I sent it today (21st) and sent an email asking them about it but doubt I'll get a reply. Should I start reapplying?

There are only 131 places left and it'll take a few weeks for you to get a garda cert so I think you're too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

There are only 131 places left and it'll take a few weeks for you to get a garda cert so I think you're too late.
    Well it mightn't take that long, my garda cert came in five days so the best thing for anyone to do is just start applying again

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

Phew, just got my email saying I've been passed to Cic, to the guy worrying about his mates forgetting about imm1295, it's the payment that needs to be made in 12 days, seems they don't really mind when they get that form as long as its not a scanned copy, just a digital one. So relieved now, I was having a mild panic attack at the thoughts of reapplying.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

when they send ya the form to say you're onto phase two and sent to the CIC,is that also the email that means they have recieved payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clif81

megarhandi wrote: »
    I applied foe the IEC in January and have not received my LOI yet. Is anyone else in the same boat???

Im in the same boat, so is my girlfriend. We applied on the 22nd January. Made payment on the 16th March. So much for there first come, first served policy. I've sent countless emails and still no visa. My head is completely wrecked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

I think this might be a silly question:
    When emailing the electronic version of the IMM1295 form it doesn't need to be signed does it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

jenniem01 wrote: »
    I think this might be a silly question:
    When emailing the electronic version of the IMM1295 form it doesn't need to be signed does it!?

Yep, you just put your pen against the screen and Adobe automatically picks it up and you can sign it.

.....Just kidding! You don't need to do anything, just send it.

• Advertisement

leggit wrote: »
    Yep, you just put your pen against the screen and Adobe automatically picks it up and you can sign it.

.....Just kidding! You don't need to do anything, just send it.

Cool was gonna start scanning the signed one back in! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

skreepers wrote: »
    OMG this is actually doing my head in. For anyone who doesn't know my story so far:

I sent away full application 27/04/2012 but filled in form IMM1925 by hand instead of validating it online. Realised this the day after i sent it so sent it out with a letter saying how grateful i'd be if they could link it up with my original application.

Few days after, I receive my email of receipt with my WTN on it. I then decide it might be a good idea to send the validated form again, including my reference number in order to make it more easier to connect it to my application.

Anyway, on Friday I receive back the first validated one I sent, with an extra letter saying can you please submit the full application, we have sent your first part back. Well that was on Friday and they haven't sent my first part back. They still have the second one I sent with the WTN on it.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got my email of receipt and they said they would let me know by email within 2 weeks if i was successful or not...do they normally get back within 2 weeks or is it usually longer?

I mean do you think my original application has been sent back to me and has been lost in the post or something (which means the whole thing is ruined)?

Best case scenario they've still got my original application, attached my validated form with it using my WTN number and I get an email this week requesting payment.

So disheartened by this whole damn thing it is such a nuisance, it should all be online like the australian one to make things a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

Any ideas or advice on what the next stage might be for me? really appreciate responses!

also, it's called a World Tracking Number..so is there somewhere where I can enter in my WTN and find out what the status is on my application? THANKS

Hi Guys!

UPDATE! I got an email today, 22nd may requesting payment, saying I've been conditionally accepted!!!!! SOSOSOSO happy!

Can someone please read my situation in the post I've quoted and tell me if I could still get rejected at the next stage for this reason??

They obviously accepted the second letter i sent them with my WTN number on it!!

Let me know please!! so happy to be through to this stage!

Honestly your situation is, to say the least, unique. I'm surpised you got this far. The fact that you did is great news, congrats.

Just keep moving forward with the application and hope for the best.

Good luck!

skreepers wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

UPDATE! I got an email today, 22nd may requesting payment, saying I've been conditionally accepted!!!!! SOSOSOSO happy!

Can someone please read my situation in the post I've quoted and tell me if I could still get rejected at the next stage for this reason??

They obviously accepted the second letter i sent them with my WTN number on it!!

Let me know please!! so happy to be through to this stage!

Surprised you got this far to be honest!
    Mine got rejected first time for "insufficient print quality"!

Honestly your situation is, to say the least, unique. I'm surpised you got this far. The fact that you did is great news, congrats.

Just keep moving forward with the application and hope for the best.

Good luck!
    leggit wrote: »
    Surprised you got this far to be honest!
    Mine got rejected first time for "insufficient print quality"!

I know I'm shocked too but I am CERTAINLY not complaining!:D

They may actually have connected it to my application.

Another quick question. Are there many people rejected after payment? And what are usually the reasons behind this?

Also, with regards to payment I'm going to my bank tomorrow (Halifax) to do the transfer.

It's 105€ but I'm from Northern Ireland so will pay in pounds, works out about £85.

Is it easy enough for the bank to do the transfer in euros rather than pounds? Suppose i'll find out tomorrow anyway.

New update on the website:

Quota: 5,350
    Working Holiday places remaining: 88
    Updated: 22/05/2012

Wish they'd just tell me if I have a place reserved GRRR!:mad::mad::mad:

jenniem01 wrote: »
    New update on the website:

Quota: 5,350
    Working Holiday places remaining: 88
    Updated: 22/05/2012

Wish they'd just tell me if I have a place reserved GRRR!:mad::mad::mad:

I'm assuming that once you get the email that they've received your application that you have a place?

I'm basing that on the fact that I've seen the number go up before and I'd say that's applications that have been rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Still waiting on the email asking for payment in the second week so should be any day now. Well that's according to them, they did say within two weeks they would email. COME ON!!! >.<

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Still waiting on the email asking for payment in the second week so should be any day now. Well that's according to them, they did say within two weeks they would email. COME ON!!! >.<

Yep..... any day now.........

Advertisement